[APP] [MOD] Isis Wallet - Now works on rooted ROMS!

Search This thread

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
I don't think I needed another amex sms, but I did have to "wait for secure element to initialize".

On a side note, maybe you could get a Google voice number on you gmail account, and set that as one of your numbers on American express, so it could send you and sms on the Google voice number in the future.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
I don't think I needed another amex sms, but I did have to "wait for secure element to initialize".

On a side note, maybe you could get a Google voice number on you gmail account, and set that as one of your numbers on American express, so it could send you and sms on the Google voice number in the future.

It is and I do but the VZW SMS is to verify the device. So even the first VZW sms to verify the isis account came to my phone because it was a vzw sms and they are free and internal. The AMEX sms went to the device number and VZW firewalled it since it would have been charged. I'm stil on unlimied plan with the pay per msg.easy price to pay. But like you said hopefully there wont be a reauth on the AMEX. Too bad i can't use my chase card. But the call apparently cleared it up

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
Looks like nos 3.0.2 Verizon 4.2.2 killed my Isis from working

Looks like it just hangs at the enter pin

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
did you update without wiping? I cant get it installed on 4.2.2 (any of the modded versions form this thread)

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
I guess that's one way to get it installed. I still don't see how it loaded up in 4.2.2 but looks like installing in 4.1.2 then migrating to 4.2.2 would allow it to be installed. I'm not going back to 4.1.2 though to do that anytime soon. Plus any update may have to require flashing back to 4.1.2

Yuck.

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
I guess that's one way to get it installed. I still don't see how it loaded up in 4.2.2 but looks like installing in 4.1.2 then migrating to 4.2.2 would allow it to be installed. I'm not going back to 4.1.2 though to do that anytime soon. Plus any update may have to require flashing back to 4.1.2

Yuck.

What do you mean? I even cleared all data off the app and restarted it, it loaded all my cards but then freezes at the enter pin option. I hope this could be fixed :) I've been using isis actually quite often since its been working for me. I demo it every day (wish google wallet worked but what ever)

rayjr13

May 26, 2011
We are talking about installing the ISIS app in this thread modded to allow root users to use it. It doesn't install in 4.2.2 because the exploit has been patched. The play store app will install but won't work without hiding root.

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
We are talking about installing the ISIS app in this thread modded to allow root users to use it. It doesn't install in 4.2.2 because the exploit has been patched. The play store app will install but won't work without hiding root.

Oh mine works to the point where even if I clear data it allows me to login and it 'sets up isis' sends the text to verfiy and then completes setting up but then hangs at the enter pin screen.

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
Detects root still? Busybox binary will cause that too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Problem is the symlinks to busybox too, there are 30+.

I have developed an Xposesd module to bypass the root check, just need to get a few folks to try it out. I am running it on an VZW SGS4. Kind of interesting because google wallet is also installed. Still need to test this at CVS, however, I do not see why it wouldn't work.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH

I have developed an Xposesd module to bypass the root check, just need to get a few folks to try it out. I am running it on an VZW SGS4. Kind of interesting because google wallet is also installed. Still need to test this at CVS, however, I do not see why it wouldn't work.

Busybox synlinking is really screwed up in that Rom. Exposed is cool move, should work afaict.

beaups

Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH

Youll still likely need the other missing pieces that I've posted. Also, these apks are signed with carrier keys, so if you are using with another carrier's device, at the very least, you'll need different apk version and probably that signature added to the nfcee_access.xml

That signature is checked against values stored in the Isis sim.

joderme

Jun 13, 2010
Youll still likely need the other missing pieces that I've posted. Also, these apks are signed with carrier keys, so if you are using with another carrier's device, at the very least, you'll need different apk version and probably that signature added to the nfcee_access.xml

That signature is checked against values stored in the Isis sim.

It intercepts the method calls to check for root and returns false so I doubt it will be a problem cross carriers. Xposed modules have been known to work accross carriers and phones for that matter as long as the same classes and methods (in their same respective locations) are used.

Running a completely stock ISIS apk and the root check is gone when the module is enabled..

Last edited:

beaups

Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
It intercepts the method calls to check for root and returns false so I doubt it will be a problem cross carriers. Xposed modules have been known to work accross carriers and phones for that matter as long as the same classes and methods (in their same respective locations) are used.

Running a completely stock ISIS apk and the root check is gone.

Right. But separately nfcee_access.xml may need to have proper signature added to it.

Nice job on the exposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48556358&postcount=337 and http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48560885&postcount=338 for information on using Isis on the latest ROM (3.0.7)

Isis now works on the Droid DNA provided you have a SIM card that includes a NFC Secure Element (originally available only in Salt Lake and Austin, the availability is spreading throughout VZW now). However Isis won't work if you have a rooted rom (superuser and busybox) unless you take a couple extra steps:
    --------
    4.2.1 rooted roms:
    beaups has created a .zip that will install a modified isis.apk that bypasses the root checks. See this post for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44513544&postcount=165

4.2.2 ROMS:
    UPDATE: Thanks to the efforts of joder and rayjr13, there is a now a working solution for Isis on 4.2.2 Roms:

See this post by joder in the SG4 forum:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45114363&postcount=1

You can also read rayjr13's instructions below from his post:
    From post by rayjr13: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45103630&postcount=264

NOS 3.0.4 includes android 4.2.2 and a rooted ROM
    in order to use the stock play store ISIS mobile wallet app please do the following:

edit the following lines and parameters in /system/build.prop:

Code:
    ro.watch.appid=com.sdgtl.watch.m7ul_50_jb
    ro.aa.project=DLX_WL_JB_50_NOS
    ro.aa.romver=1.29.651.7
    ro.aa.skulist=401
    ro.aa.mainsku=401
    ro.build.id=JZO54K
    ro.build.display.id=JZO54K
    ro.build.version.incremental=166937.7
    ro.build.version.release=4.1.2
    ro.build.description=1.29.651.7 CL166937 release-keys
    ro.build.description=1.29.651.7 CL166937 release-keys
    ro.build.changelist=166937
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon_wwe/dlx/dlx:4.1.2/JZO54K/166937.7:user/release-keys
    ro.build.project=DLX_WL_50_NOS:312285
    These changes will allow the isis app to be visible/searchable in play store [as well as pass in-app device checks]

Install Xposed Installer, Install/Update Framework in Xposed Installer app, reboot
    Install ISIS Root Bypass [1.0] or greater (see Joder's thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45114363&postcount=1,
    activate module in Xposed Installer, (soft is acceptable) reboot

Turn on NFC (should be duh, but can't tell you how many times I forgot)
    run isis app, follow instructions for account creation or reauthorization,
    DEBIT
    I just need some time to test and ill build a flashable zip. Couple days.

Here is a recovery-flashable zip:

http://d-h.st/gS8

It contains apk modded with root-check removed, and necessary supporting frameworks and xml's. It's signed with a new key (no exploit here), so I'm not sure 100% if it will work doing it this way. I've tested on newt's GPE rom, and it does execute, but I don't (yet) have an ISIS sim to test with. Please give this a whirl and GIVE ME FEEDBACK. thanks.
    What changes did you make to the APK to remove the root checking?

I decompiled the original version and the one you posted and did a file comparison, however, nothing is popping up as different.

I am trying to get this to work on the VZW S4 with root and any help would be greatly appreciated.

well....I did it two ways. the apk I posted standalone uses masterkeys exploit, so when you decompile it, you won't see the changes.

the second way I did it (in the flashable zip), is via normal process, and then signed using my own certificate. If you decompile the apk in the flashable zip I posted, you'll see the changes. Note, that being signed with non-Verizon key may not work.

I'll have my ISIS sim today, should be able to sort through the lingering issues.
    I'm using a custom Rom probably why it's not working

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Why do I always get roped into things I don't care about? ;)

I think I found the issue for users on custom roms. Sense 5 users and also AOSP-based users can try this. Basically, this file controls what applications have access to the NFC. Verizon dna's have the file I've attached that authorizes isis to use NFC. Many custom roms (such as Newt's sense 5) use a version of this file that does NOT allow isis to use NFC. So....try this:

download and UNZIP the attached file

adb remount
    adb push nfcee_access.xml /system/etc/
    adb shell chown 0.0 /system/etc/nfcee_access.xml
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/nfcee_access.xml
    adb reboot

Let me know. I'm on stock rom so cannot test that this fixes, but I'm pretty sure this should fix the issue for many of you (especially sense 5 users). Sense-based ROM users can use this in conjunction with the modded APK I provided a few posts back, if you don't feel like hiding root/etc.