Please help me restore Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100

Search This thread

mgnycn

Apr 17, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 that has an issue, no baseband info or IMEI.
So I tried to repair it. I found a tread about EFS restore/repair here in xda-developers and downloaded this software:
N7100_EFS_Backup_Restore_WIN.zip (Please see the attachment)

First, I created a back up named "efs_ORIGINAL.img".

And searched on all forums for helps. I got an "efs repair.img" from a forum through 4 shared website and did run Restore_EFS.bat.

After that my phone no longer boot to OS.

I tried to restore it with "Restore_EFS.bat" but it failed.

I tried to restore it with Samsung Kies software (Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.). It said "emergency recovery of firmware completed but stuck on samsung logo. It looks like restored to factory settings excepts efs.

I also tried Odin to install the OS. It said "PASS" but it stuck on samsung logo. It looks like OS is installed excepts efs.

The ISSUE now is /efs is corrupt. The phone need to restore it.
I got to recovery menu (Vol up + Power + home buttons) and tried factory reset.
it said:
---Wiping Data---
Formatting /data...
E:failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.

If I go to recovery menu. I can see these at the bottom:

# MANUAL CODE#
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : unknown
Successfully Multi-CSC.

Please help me to restore efs.
Can i use ADB to restore my backup efs.img ?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• N7100_EFS_Backup_Restore_WIN.zip
    321.1 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

mgnycn

Apr 17, 2014
UPDATES

After waiting the whole day for help, I finally repaired my phone's efs partition using TWRP 2.6.3.2.
My phone does boot to OS and works all functions.

But
baseband is unknown
IMEI is null

Hope someone here in the forum could help me with it!
Thanks!

Last edited:

Mufrad

After waiting the whole day for help, I finally repaired my phone's efs partition using TWRP 2.6.3.2.
My phone does boot to OS and works all functions.

But
baseband is unknown
IMEI is null

Hope someone here in the forum could help me with it!
Thanks!

Search for correct modem files for your note 2, then download and flash it. This problem has been solved many times in the forum, please use search.

mgnycn

Apr 17, 2014
Search for correct modem files for your note 2, then download and flash it. This problem has been solved many times in the forum, please use search.

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to this. Can you please send me a link?

Can I download it form this thread?
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, N7105 > Galaxy Note II General > Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 Official Modem List

Mufrad

Sir, can you please send me the link to the fix you mentioned? I have the same issue, only that I don't have a backup.
Thanks.

No need to call me sir, we are all here to help each other, anyway, which regional stock rom did you have when it was last working? Or just tell me the firmware version?

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]

Reactions: dje20

dje20

Mar 17, 2014
Metro Manila
No need to call me sir, we are all here to help each other, anyway, which regional stock rom did you have when it was last working? Or just tell me the firmware version?

I am honestly not sure about the firmware version, but I'm sure it's from the Philippines and from the carrier sun, it must have been xtc.

Anyways, I managed to make the phone boot, now my problem is that the phone feature is gone, because it now uses the generic IMEI ane some random serial number.

Also thanks for your reply.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using xda app-developers app

Mufrad

I am honestly not sure about the firmware version, but I'm sure it's from the Philippines and from the carrier sun, it must have been xtc.

Anyways, I managed to make the phone boot, now my problem is that the phone feature is gone, because it now uses the generic IMEI ane some random serial number.

Also thanks for your reply.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using xda app-developers app

www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25553

Here is the firmware you need.

dje20

Mar 17, 2014
Metro Manila
Flashing this should be enough to fix it, if it doesn't then let me know.

sadly, it wasnt able to fix my IMEI, it still stuck on the generic IMEI number which is 499... if you have any other ideas please let me know.

Things I have tried:
*change IMEI via adb: I couldn't enter shell, says access denied.
*generate IMEI then restore via NV_read/write: the application coudn't detect my phone, when trying to set the usb setting to RPNET+DM+MODEM, the phone instatly changes back to MTP.
*try the adb code via terminal emulator: all terminal emulator apps force closes.
:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sir, can you please send me the link to the fix you mentioned? I have the same issue, only that I don't have a backup.
    Thanks.