YP-G1 (SGP 4.0) CWM Boot Loop

Search This thread

kennethac

Oct 8, 2012
All right then.

----Getting the Necessary Files------

1) Download YPG1USRetoreFinal http://download1768.mediafire.com/2f0o1c6z3w9g/aodm44hzan3jauo/YPG1USRestoreFinal.zip
2) Download Heimdall suite 1.1.1 https://github.com/downloads/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32.zip (just click the links)
3) Extract both. The restore file should be 292 mb, and the heimdall suite should be 16.2mb

----Installing device's driver for Hemidall----

4) Next put the device in download by holding volume down + power
5) Click on the heimdall folder, and click on "Drivers". You should see a file that says "zadig". Open it up.
6) Go to where it says "Options", and select "List All Devices" from the drop down menu. If you did this right under "USB Device" it should read "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device", it also show the Vendor ID, Product ID, and Current Driver.
7) Click on "Install Driver", you'll get an error saying "Windows can't verify the publisher of this device". Ignore it and click "Install this driver software anyway".
8) If you've done these steps correctly, a window should pop up saying "The driver was installed successfully"
9) You can close out Zadig and open up Heimdall-frontend

----Flashing with Heimdall---- It's very easy (well using this version anyway lol) :D

This is pretty straight forward. All we are doing is matching the files from the YPG1USRestoreFinal, to what it says in the GUI.
That means you will be only looking at "FactoryFS", "Kernel(zImage), "Param.lfs", "Cache", and "Database Data" and nothing else.

Here we go:

10) Click "Browse" under FactoryFS, and navigate to where you saved your YPG1USRestoreFinal file, then click on factoryfs.rfs
11) Click "Browse" under Kernel (zImage), and select zImage
12) Click "Browse" under Param.lfs, and select param.lfs
13) Click "Browse" under Cache, and select cache.rfs
14) Click "Browse" under Database Data and select dbdata.rfs

It should look like this.

Make sure you double, and triple check that all files are in the right places, and that your usb is firmly connected.

15) Once done doing that hit start, and it will begin flashing. Shouldn't take that long. You will have 2 progress bars (one in heimdall, and one on the player itself), after the process is done the galaxy player will reboot on its own.

----Final Steps----

You'll notice that the galaxy player is still in a bootloop, so what you have to do is boot into the stock recovery by holding "volume up + power, then letting go of power after a second"
If done correctly you'll see the player restoring the cache, and data (it should be in yellow text). After that it will reboot on its on and be like new!

Note: This ROM is already prerooted so you don't have to worry about rooting it yourself.

Can't install on Step 6 the driver. "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device" is not showing up so tried to install both "Gadget Serial Control (Interface 0)" and " Bluetooth USB Host Controller" and recceive the message "The driver installation failed".

So anyway tried to continue, installing Kies from Sansung.

Then ran Heimdall-frontend and got this message on Step 15: "Failed to detect compatible device".

Whta am I doing wrong?

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Can't install on Step 6 the driver. "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device" is not showing up so tried to install both "Gadget Serial Control (Interface 0)" and " Bluetooth USB Host Controller" and recceive the message "The driver installation failed".

So anyway tried to continue, installing Kies from Sansung.

Then ran Heimdall-frontend and got this message on Step 15: "Failed to detect compatible device".

Whta am I doing wrong?

Try switching to a different USB port and doing step 6 again. Also what OS are you running? Some else in another forum found here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52164267&postcount=5 had to download the actual samsung USB driver and disable the device signature on windows 8.

RussianTux

May 14, 2014
Phone is not booting at all....

I tried this and it didn't work. It kept giving me errors like Failed to Access device, even though its on Download mode. I tried to flash CM 9 on to my Galaxy S WiFi 4, but when I try to boot into it, it keeps going to recovery mode and keeps saying that the folders /etc or something like that is missing. I then tried to flash stock 2.3.5 on to it again, and now it won't even boot up, I'm only able to boot into Download mode. Sorry if this sounds weird, this is my first post on these forums.

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Are you making sure your using the correct restore file? The one posted is for the Galaxy Player and not S wifi

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app

RussianTux

May 14, 2014
Are you making sure your using the correct restore file? The one posted is for the Galaxy Player and not S wifi

Yes, I'm using a restore file for the YP-G1. I tried to restore it multiple times and flash a OEM kernal. But it keeps giving me a error tha the file system is missing or /etc is missing or corrupted or something like that

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Yes, I'm using a restore file for the YP-G1. I tried to restore it multiple times and flash a OEM kernal. But it keeps giving me a error tha the file system is missing or /etc is missing or corrupted or something like that

I would post a screenshot of what the error looks like. But when it boot's up, not even the samsung logo is shown. I can get into download mode, but odin dosn't recognize it. :mad:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

I would post a screenshot of what the error looks like. But when it boot's up, not even the samsung logo is shown. I can get into download mode, but odin dosn't recognize it. :mad:

Are you doing this on odin or heimdall and are you using the restore file from the link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, it's the US version.

All right then.

----Getting the Necessary Files------

1) Download YPG1USRetoreFinal http://download1768.mediafire.com/2f0o1c6z3w9g/aodm44hzan3jauo/YPG1USRestoreFinal.zip
    2) Download Heimdall suite 1.1.1 https://github.com/downloads/Benjamin-Dobell/Heimdall/heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32.zip (just click the links)
    3) Extract both. The restore file should be 292 mb, and the heimdall suite should be 16.2mb

----Installing device's driver for Hemidall----

4) Next put the device in download by holding volume down + power
    5) Click on the heimdall folder, and click on "Drivers". You should see a file that says "zadig". Open it up.
    6) Go to where it says "Options", and select "List All Devices" from the drop down menu. If you did this right under "USB Device" it should read "SAMSUNG USB Composite Device", it also show the Vendor ID, Product ID, and Current Driver.
    7) Click on "Install Driver", you'll get an error saying "Windows can't verify the publisher of this device". Ignore it and click "Install this driver software anyway".
    8) If you've done these steps correctly, a window should pop up saying "The driver was installed successfully"
    9) You can close out Zadig and open up Heimdall-frontend

----Flashing with Heimdall---- It's very easy (well using this version anyway lol) :D

This is pretty straight forward. All we are doing is matching the files from the YPG1USRestoreFinal, to what it says in the GUI.
    That means you will be only looking at "FactoryFS", "Kernel(zImage), "Param.lfs", "Cache", and "Database Data" and nothing else.

Here we go:

10) Click "Browse" under FactoryFS, and navigate to where you saved your YPG1USRestoreFinal file, then click on factoryfs.rfs
    11) Click "Browse" under Kernel (zImage), and select zImage
    12) Click "Browse" under Param.lfs, and select param.lfs
    13) Click "Browse" under Cache, and select cache.rfs
    14) Click "Browse" under Database Data and select dbdata.rfs

It should look like this.

Make sure you double, and triple check that all files are in the right places, and that your usb is firmly connected.

15) Once done doing that hit start, and it will begin flashing. Shouldn't take that long. You will have 2 progress bars (one in heimdall, and one on the player itself), after the process is done the galaxy player will reboot on its own.

----Final Steps----

You'll notice that the galaxy player is still in a bootloop, so what you have to do is boot into the stock recovery by holding "volume up + power, then letting go of power after a second"
    If done correctly you'll see the player restoring the cache, and data (it should be in yellow text). After that it will reboot on its on and be like new!

Note: This ROM is already prerooted so you don't have to worry about rooting it yourself.
    Does your power menu and lockscreen work? If it does than your efs is fine. Also check to see if your backup isn't blank and then copy it to youe pc lol. I have like 6 backups of mine lol.

i know im a little late, but just to let you know, anything beyond GB doesnt need the efs to have the lockscreen etc. thats specifically a GB thing