Android 5.0 on Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RaDiS234

Jul 9, 2011
Liptovský Mikuláš
Latest news says that there will be no new phone or tablet but there will be a new android version 5.0 with Quantum Paper and new flat design of all OS also with removed dalvik runtime so ART is default now and also deep google now integration

Odoslané z Nexus 5 pomocou Tapatalku

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
last year for example no new versione of android was announced

And in 2012 at I/O they introduced jelly bean and the first nexus 7 tablet. With jelly bean came project butter, expandable notifications, Google Now, and other new features, it was quite a big update.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raptir

May 4, 2010
Now, that said, we are "due" for a new version...

• 4.0 - October 2011
  • 4.1 - June 2012 (8 months)
  • 4.2 - November 2012 (5 months)
  • 4.3 - July 2013 (8 months)
  • 4.4 - October 2013 (3 months)

We're currently at 8 months since the last major release, and that's the longest they've gone over the past three years.

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
I don't care what it will be called. All I know its a blast getting updates so quick and first.
Had my Sammy devices and every one always cries because of updates.

forget the thanks button, I want a high five!

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
ok so my english failed right now. Am I right if I say that they won't release a new android at google i/o tomorrow ?

That's what it sounds like. He said they will "Preview" it. But hopefully the source gets released and devs here can take it and make a build for us. Hopefully. I don't want to be teased with it and have to wait until the fall to have it on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now, that said, we are "due" for a new version...

• 4.0 - October 2011
    • 4.1 - June 2012 (8 months)
    • 4.2 - November 2012 (5 months)
    • 4.3 - July 2013 (8 months)
    • 4.4 - October 2013 (3 months)

We're currently at 8 months since the last major release, and that's the longest they've gone over the past three years.
    In case someone is looking for it, here's the livestream link for today's keynote

http://youtu.be/wtLJPvx7-ys

I like how everybody's sure about their theories, while none actually have any more info than what we've all read on android police and other portals. Just chill, I/O is only a few hours away...

Latest news says that there will be no new phone or tablet but there will be a new android version 5.0 with Quantum Paper and new flat design of all OS also with removed dalvik runtime so ART is default now and also deep google now integration

SDK and early system images for Nexus 5 going up tomorrow. WoooHooo