[Tutorial][Resource][Root](Unlock S-OFF Required)Recovery-SuperSU for HTC One-Verizon

Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Sup XDA :D
I'm not a Dev and so this is my contribution to the HTC One- Verizon community. I don't own this device just trying to help out and put all the files in a single folder. :D

This is a DIY root method. By doing it yourself you will learn some basic knowledge about using cmd windows,using ADB,using fastboot.
This is also the same method used in my Guide for the HTC One - Sprint

Unlock your bootloader - www.htcdev.com Follow the instructions at HtcDev to unlock your bootloader.Verizon blocked it from working :(

Flash TWRP-CWM - (refer to the Read Me First Text on how to fastboot flash TWRP-CWM)

Flash a Superuser app of your choosing - (refer to the Read Me First Text on how to flash SuperSU)

<---- If this guide helped you buy me a coffee :p

Using this method will NOT give you S-OFF it will help you unlock your bootloader(HTC-DEV not possible without S-OFF) flash a custom recovery(TWRP or CWM) and install the Superuser app of your choice.

What's included:
Read Me Text (instructions,ADB commands, and whatnot)
ADB/Fastboot Tools
Latest HTC Drivers v4.2.0.001 and HTC BMP USB Drivers v1.0.5375(32 and 64 bit versions)
TWRP openrecovery v2.6.0.1
CWM v6.0.3.6 (Classic and Touch)
SuperSU.apk v1.51

Changelog:
First Release
09/24/13 Added a way to backup and restore apps and app data before and after HTC-Dev Unlock to post 2 Thanks Zedomax
10/07/13 Updated TWRP to 2.6.3.0
10/07/13 Updated CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.4.3
10/07/13 Updated SuperSU to 1.65
10/07/13 Added Universal ADB Drivers(May help folks using Windows 8.1)
10/28/13 Updated CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.4.4
10/28/13 Updated HTC Drivers to 4.8.0.002
01/14/14 Updated SuperSu to v1.86
01/14/14 Updated TWRP to 2.6.3.4
01/14/14 Updated CWM Classic to 6.0.4.5
01/14/14 Updated CWM Touch to 6.0.4.6
01/14/14 Added PhilZ Touch 6.08.9 as another recovery option
11/20/14 Updated SuperSU to 2.16
11/20/14 Updated PhilZ Touch to 6.48.4
11/20/14 Updared CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.5.1
11/20/14 Updated TWRP to 2.8.1.0
11/20/14 Added MDmowers Unofficial TWRP

I would like to thank:
Zedomax (this is and updated version of what he did for the HTC Evo 4G LTE)
TeamWin (for TWRP)
MDmower (for Unoffical TWRP)
Flyhalf205 (for posting CWM)
Phil3759 (for PhilZ Touch Recovery)
Chainfire (for SuperSU)
The Awesome XDA Community

Videos:
To Follow

Root Files Below
AFH
Mirror

Disclaimer:
Code:
* Standard disclaimer: 
* Your warranty is now void.  Use at your own risk.
* In other words: It is your choice to use these files.
* I am not responsible for any damage or problems you may have!

I suggest extracting it to a folder on your desktop so you can find it and start by reading the Read Me Text.

I will update this thread as updates become available.

Last edited:

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Latest HTC Drivers HERE

Backup your apps and app data before HTC-Dev Unlock:
Code:
For Mac:
cd Downloads
cd Root_HTC_One_Verizon
chmod 755 *
./adb-mac backup -apk -all -f backup.ab

For Linux:
cd Downloads
chmod 755 *
cd Root_HTC_One_Verizon
./adb-linux backup -apk -all -f backup.ab

Restore your apps and app data:
Code:
For Mac:
./adb-mac restore backup.ab
For Linux:
./adb-linux restore backup.ab

Last edited:
Reactions: -XIV- and Wool02

jfp2004

Apr 17, 2010
Might be a dumb question.

I unlocked and flashed the basic superuser through CWM. I think I've had a few problems with it though, because some apps cause a reboot when it accesses root functions - not all of them though.

My question is - can you switch from superuser to SuperSU if you've already flashed one, and how would you go about doing that? Thanks in advance.

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV

I unlocked and flashed the basic superuser through CWM. I think I've had a few problems with it though, because some apps cause a reboot when it accesses root functions - not all of them though.

My question is - can you switch from superuser to SuperSU if you've already flashed one, and how would you go about doing that? Thanks in advance.
I have always used SuperSU... I'm pretty sure you can flash the SuperSU in recovery.

Reactions: jfp2004

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus

If you are already rooted, then just download SuperSU from the market and run it. It will prompt you to update the SU binary and will automatically replace Superuser.

Reactions: jfp2004 and Sloth

jfp2004

Apr 17, 2010
If you are already rooted, then just download SuperSU from the market and run it. It will prompt you to update the SU binary and will automatically replace Superuser.

For whatever reason, when I tried that originally, it didn't work. I think something might've gotten messed up when I initially rooted, but I'm not sure what. Either that or there's just something off in my phone. It might explain certain root applications causing the phone to reboot when they try to do certain things.

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
Not sure if you're aware, but the bootloader can no longer be unlocked via htcdev.com, as Verizon caught on quickly.

I seem to remember this happening with other HTC devices (Droid DNA maybe?) but I believe JCase and/or crew figured out a way to bypass. Also, I remember him or someone on the team saying it would work for future devices that the removed from HTCdev.com.

Bottom line: I think there is still hope, provided the Devs can implore the same bypass.

EDIT: See this post-- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36976137&postcount=1 TeamAndIRC may be able to do something similar?!

Last edited:
Reactions: thecitywelivein

danielhall2689

Aug 19, 2012
Atlanta
Jcase specifically said he will not be working on this one... Although he was kind enough to give a big hint to someone who knows what they are doing with that stuff.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

davehasninjas

Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if anybody has checked or looked into the perf_event exploit to obtain root like they have for the me7 updated S4's.

Won't unlock the bootloader, but if you gain root, couldn't you edit the build.prop to trick htcdev into giving you an unlock?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda premium

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I wonder if anybody has checked or looked into the perf_event exploit to obtain root like they have for the me7 updated S4's.

Won't unlock the bootloader, but if you gain root, couldn't you edit the build.prop to trick htcdev into giving you an unlock?

Nope. Build.prop is not used for htcdev unlock. Besides, /system is write protected anyhow.

davehasninjas

Oct 2, 2009
Nope. Build.prop is not used for htcdev unlock. Besides, /system is write protected anyhow.

Gotcha, figured I'd ask, been looking into using am upgrade to grab one of these and now I'm kicking myself for waiting lol.

Thanks again for the quick answer though.

zawata

May 28, 2013
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid X
Stay strong HTC one' ers
When I first got my dna(may 15) it had no s-off method. But after a month beaups fuses and the RevOne team released an exploit...point is that the one is a big enough device and Verizon is a big enough network that someone will eventually release an exploit

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
No way to root? Holy ****... I'm regretting this purchase already.

Fastest I've ever seen Verizon lock down htcdev unlock. Let's hope s-off comes.. I'm trying to reach out to unlimited.io team see if they have time to try to help (I tested for them for rezound and inc4g)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

No way to root? Holy ****... I'm regretting this purchase already.

I wouldn't it's a great phone and I have faith on the developers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sup XDA :D
    I'm not a Dev and so this is my contribution to the HTC One- Verizon community. I don't own this device just trying to help out and put all the files in a single folder. :D

This is a DIY root method. By doing it yourself you will learn some basic knowledge about using cmd windows,using ADB,using fastboot.
    This is also the same method used in my Guide for the HTC One - Sprint

Unlock your bootloader - www.htcdev.com Follow the instructions at HtcDev to unlock your bootloader.Verizon blocked it from working :(

Flash TWRP-CWM - (refer to the Read Me First Text on how to fastboot flash TWRP-CWM)

Flash a Superuser app of your choosing - (refer to the Read Me First Text on how to flash SuperSU)

<---- If this guide helped you buy me a coffee :p

Using this method will NOT give you S-OFF it will help you unlock your bootloader(HTC-DEV not possible without S-OFF) flash a custom recovery(TWRP or CWM) and install the Superuser app of your choice.

What's included:
    Read Me Text (instructions,ADB commands, and whatnot)
    ADB/Fastboot Tools
    Latest HTC Drivers v4.2.0.001 and HTC BMP USB Drivers v1.0.5375(32 and 64 bit versions)
    TWRP openrecovery v2.6.0.1
    CWM v6.0.3.6 (Classic and Touch)
    SuperSU.apk v1.51

Changelog:
    First Release
    09/24/13 Added a way to backup and restore apps and app data before and after HTC-Dev Unlock to post 2 Thanks Zedomax
    10/07/13 Updated TWRP to 2.6.3.0
    10/07/13 Updated CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.4.3
    10/07/13 Updated SuperSU to 1.65
    10/07/13 Added Universal ADB Drivers(May help folks using Windows 8.1)
    10/28/13 Updated CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.4.4
    10/28/13 Updated HTC Drivers to 4.8.0.002
    01/14/14 Updated SuperSu to v1.86
    01/14/14 Updated TWRP to 2.6.3.4
    01/14/14 Updated CWM Classic to 6.0.4.5
    01/14/14 Updated CWM Touch to 6.0.4.6
    01/14/14 Added PhilZ Touch 6.08.9 as another recovery option
    11/20/14 Updated SuperSU to 2.16
    11/20/14 Updated PhilZ Touch to 6.48.4
    11/20/14 Updared CWM Classic and Touch to 6.0.5.1
    11/20/14 Updated TWRP to 2.8.1.0
    11/20/14 Added MDmowers Unofficial TWRP

I would like to thank:
    Zedomax (this is and updated version of what he did for the HTC Evo 4G LTE)
    TeamWin (for TWRP)
    MDmower (for Unoffical TWRP)
    Flyhalf205 (for posting CWM)
    Phil3759 (for PhilZ Touch Recovery)
    Chainfire (for SuperSU)
    The Awesome XDA Community

Videos:
    To Follow

Root Files Below
    AFH
    Mirror

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    * Standard disclaimer: 
    * Your warranty is now void.  Use at your own risk.
    * In other words: It is your choice to use these files.
    * I am not responsible for any damage or problems you may have!

I suggest extracting it to a folder on your desktop so you can find it and start by reading the Read Me Text.

I will update this thread as updates become available.
    Latest HTC Drivers HERE

Backup your apps and app data before HTC-Dev Unlock:
    Code:
    For Mac:
    cd Downloads
    cd Root_HTC_One_Verizon
    chmod 755 *
    ./adb-mac backup -apk -all -f backup.ab

For Linux:
    cd Downloads
    chmod 755 *
    cd Root_HTC_One_Verizon
    ./adb-linux backup -apk -all -f backup.ab

Restore your apps and app data:
    Code:
    For Mac:
    ./adb-mac restore backup.ab
    For Linux:
    ./adb-linux restore backup.ab

When I created this thread you guys were able to unlock your bootloader and within 2-3 hours I started see folks say they were blocked on htcdev :(
    But I did notice beaups popped in the thread so... I'm guessing him and his team are working on a solution :fingers-crossed:

Sent from? :p