[Q] Nexus 7 bricked/fried. Any ideas why?

Search This thread

lunaandres

Jan 30, 2014
Hello guys.
I have a Nexus 7, with a huge problem.
Ever since my little sister took it to Europe (and plugged it into a 220 volt instead of the 110 that we use here in the U.S), it died. Now, I've opened it and checked if the battery was somehow poorly plugged or something, but nothing.

The device will not turn on unless connected to a power source (and even then, not 100% of the time) (both my Macbook and wall work). This is what it looks like:

1_-_lUtG02F.jpg

Is this a battery problem? Or a screen problem?
Also, when I took these pictures, it was the first time I could see the "Google" logo on the screen (although barely)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
From the look of it you have either a damaged motherboard or screen. The motherboard is probably more likely. Can you check on your charger and see what the input voltage is some chargers can cope with 100-240v. What happens when you turn it on/plug it into a computer does it boot is it recognised by the computer? And lastly is there any possibility it was dropped?

Its possible that doubling the input voltage may have produced a surge in the usb voltage but it would be more likely to just fry your charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app