Help

Search This thread

Mike Tran

Jul 17, 2014
I bricked my phone when i try to install android 4.4 kitkat. Can anyone show me how to unbrick it? or i just have to buy a new phone?

Mike Tran

Jul 17, 2014
You dont have to buy a new phone! Flash the original stock firmware using odin.. follow this guide by marcussmith2626.

After I post this thread I rebooted my phone and suddenly i work (with android 4.4 layout which i have installed earlier and bricked my phone). But when i put SIM card in it, it can't startup, stuck at the welcome and keep rebooting. What should i do? Flash the original stock firmware?

marcusflint

Apr 14, 2013
After I post this thread I rebooted my phone and suddenly i work (with android 4.4 layout which i have installed earlier and bricked my phone). But when i put SIM card in it, it can't startup, stuck at the welcome and keep rebooting. What should i do? Flash the original stock firmware?

so you are stuck on bootloop.. what rom are you on ?.. it can be a kernel problem too, so give some more details

Reactions: Mike Tran

marcusflint

Apr 14, 2013

I think the rom is not installed correctly.. try installing it again by doing these steps..

1.Install the stock rom and then install percy_g2 CM #2 kernel via ODIN
2.After completion switch of phone and..go to recovery (press volume up+ home + power)
3.Go to mounts and storage and format system,data and cache
4.Go back and wipe data and cache
5.Again go to mounts and storage and mount system,data,cache and sd card.
6.Go to install zip>choose zip and select the rom
7.Wait for the installation to get completed.
8.After the installation is completed,go back and wipe data (don't wipe the cache partition this time)
9.Select 'Reboot system now'
10.Wait for the rom to get booted

Mike Tran

Jul 17, 2014
I think the rom is not installed correctly.. try installing it again by doing these steps..

2.After completion switch of phone and..go to recovery (press volume up+ home + power)
8.After the installation is completed,go back and wipe data (don't wipe the cache partition this time)
Thank, i'll try that

Mike Tran

Jul 17, 2014

I'm sorry i cause i wrote wrong, pls read again the link i gave you. Also, the link you gave me was to download kernel, wasn't it? and install via Odin mean i have to connect my phone with pc and switch to download mode, my phone work with Odin3-v1.85

marcusflint

Apr 14, 2013
I'm sorry i cause i wrote wrong, pls read again the link i gave you. Also, the link you gave me was to download kernel, wasn't it? and install via Odin mean i have to connect my phone with pc and switch to download mode, my phone work with Odin3-v1.85

Yes install the kernel that way.. then install your kitkat Rom through cwm recovery like i said in the steps

Top Liked Posts