[Q] New HTC One - S-OFF!!

Search This thread

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
Hi,

My friend purchased a new HTC One and it gave the following information on bootloader. I was surprised to see its S-OFF by default.

M7_UL PVT ship S-Off RH
CID - 111111111
HBOOT-1.54.0000
radio-4a.18.3250.15
open dsp - v31.120.274.0617
os-2.24.708.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB

and Build No is : 2.24.708.4 cl2111355 htc build

Can anyone please tell me if this is a debranded phone or anything.

If this is kept, would there be any issues for flashing custom ROMs? Like after S-off and Unlocked Bootloader. Would it still restrict that I would be able to flash only certain ROMs on it..

Please tell asap

mago988

May 29, 2010
Hi,

My friend purchased a new HTC One and it gave the following information on bootloader. I was surprised to see its S-OFF by default.

M7_UL PVT ship S-Off RH
CID - 111111111
HBOOT-1.54.0000
radio-4a.18.3250.15
open dsp - v31.120.274.0617
os-2.24.708.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB

and Build No is : 2.24.708.4 cl2111355 htc build

Can anyone please tell me if this is a debranded phone or anything.

If this is kept, would there be any issues for flashing custom ROMs? Like after S-off and Unlocked Bootloader. Would it still restrict that I would be able to flash only certain ROMs on it..

Please tell asap

:eek: i think that this phone is regenerated or phone test! You do not have any problem to flash rom! the s-off is the best thing for our phones! where did you buy it?

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
:eek: i think that this phone is regenerated or phone test! You do not have any problem to flash rom! the s-off is the best thing for our phones! where did you buy it?

He he .. Its from eBay from a known seller :D The Mobile is S-off and SID is 111111 .. That means I can flash any RUU Right? or Unlock bootloader is mandetory?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
He he .. Its from eBay from a known seller :D The Mobile is S-off and SID is 111111 .. That means I can flash any RUU Right? or Unlock bootloader is mandetory?

If your phone is S-OFF you can flash a ruu with a locked/unlocked/relocked bootloader, with s-on you need a LOCKED bootloader to flash a ruu.

You can flash any ruu that match you CID (not a problem with supercid) and MID (MID can be changed easily with s-off).
Don't forget you will not receive ota updates with super cid.

Reactions: Surlyinvancouver

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
If your phone is S-OFF you can flash a ruu with a locked/unlocked/relocked bootloader, with s-on you need a LOCKED bootloader to flash a ruu.

You can flash any ruu that match you CID (not a problem with supercid) and MID (MID can be changed easily with s-off).

So as u said, I have a SuperCID and a locked bootloader and S-OFF, I can flash any RUU (international, anything coz I wanna flash Indian RUU or atleast International) so will it work fine without bootloop etc?? ??

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So as u said, I have a SuperCID and a locked bootloader and S-OFF, I can flash any RUU (international, anything coz I wanna flash Indian RUU or atleast International) so will it work fine without bootloop etc?? ??

MID must match too

better to post a ''fastboot getvar all'' except imei/sn so we can tell if you can flash that ruu

also post a link to the ruu you want to flash.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
and you can always pull mmcblk0p6 to find the true origins of your phone ;)

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
How to do that? I dont know about that

you need a custom recovery, or a rooted ROM, do you have that?

then you open a shell and dd it out, for example:

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6_bak.img
exit
exit
adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p6_bak.img

^^ careful with "dd" commands, you don't want to write something to one of your partitions (with S-Off you can brick easily using this command)
in particular the "of=" (output file)... do not want to write something to one of your partitions!! (by mistake)

reading (and saving to /sdard) is perfectly safe, just not writing

this is what a p6 looks like:
20ucv92.jpg

the MID the system reads is at offset 0x4000, the others remain unchanged, and CID the system reads is in a completely different partition(s).... so from here you can pretty much get the all the info what your phone originally was.

Last edited:
Reactions: fenstre

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
MID must match too

better to post a ''fastboot getvar all'' except imei/sn so we can tell if you can flash that ruu

also post a link to the ruu you want to flash.

Here is the info:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.708.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN071****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3888mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-f6d46eca
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0\

Not sure of flashing any RUU right now.. as I will nt be doing it now.. But would like to know if I can flash any RUU I want...

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Here is the info:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.708.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN071****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111

Not sure of flashing any RUU right now.. as I will nt be doing it now.. But would like to know if I can flash any RUU I want...

I highly recommend you either change your MID and/or pull that partition i was talking about earlier... obviously the previous owner thought that there is something called SuperMID, which (in my very humble opinion) doesn't exist

SuperCID (CID = Carrier ID)... fine, you're just changing carrier ID

MID = model ID = hardware... not fine, thinking you can change it that easily and "get away with it", you cannot change the phone hardware simply by changing MID.

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
I highly recommend you either change your MID and/or pull that partition i was talking about earlier... obviously the previous owner thought that there is something called SuperMID, which (in my very humble opinion) doesn't exist

SuperCID (CID = Carrier ID)... fine, you're just changing carrier ID

MID = model ID = hardware... not fine, thinking you can change it that easily and "get away with it", you cannot change the phone hardware simply by changing MID.
'

Thanks a lot for that information. My question was, Secondly, I need to know if this phone can be used for development purposes? Like.. In future if I unlock the bootloader by HTC Dev method, and as its S-OFF and SuperCID already present, will I be able to flash recovery and flash any Firmware present here in dev section? Or I need to correct the MID else it wouldnt allow flashing?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
'

Thanks a lot for that information. My question was, Secondly, I need to know if this phone can be used for development purposes? Like.. In future if I unlock the bootloader by HTC Dev method, and as its S-OFF and SuperCID already present, will I be able to flash recovery and flash any Firmware present here in dev section? Or I need to correct the MID else it wouldnt allow flashing?

As long as you're S-Off you can unlock even without HTCdev.

and yes, you can flash pretty much anything for the m7_u or ul models (m7_u and ul software/firmware works for both models), the exceptions are CDMA phones (such as Sprint and Verizon), and Dual-SIM stuff.

As for the MID, (for firmware flashing) you may get MID mismatch if the android-info.txt doesn't contain "PN071****"

MIDs should be (as far as I'm aware):
PN0710000 -> international M7_UL
PN0711000 -> international M7_U
PN0712000 -> US/Canada M7_UL
PN0713000 -> US T-Mobile M7_UL
PN0714000 -> Asia M7_UL

To change your MID to one of the above (PN0710000 for example), you can use this tool: [TOOL] MID change without ENG HBOOT | Aroma GUI
which you use in a custom recovery.

And the most important part: do not go S-On!!!!!

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
As long as you're S-Off you can unlock even without HTCdev.

and yes, you can flash pretty much anything for the m7_u or ul models (m7_u and ul software/firmware works for both models), the exceptions are CDMA phones (such as Sprint and Verizon), and Dual-SIM stuff.

As for the MID, (for firmware flashing) you may get MID mismatch if the android-info.txt doesn't contain "PN071****"

MIDs should be (as far as I'm aware):
PN0710000 -> international M7_UL
PN0711000 -> international M7_U
PN0712000 -> US/Canada M7_UL
PN0713000 -> US T-Mobile M7_UL
PN0714000 -> Asia M7_UL

To change your MID to one of the above (PN0710000 for example), you can use this tool: [TOOL] MID change without ENG HBOOT | Aroma GUI
which you use in a custom recovery.

And the most important part: do not go S-On!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the info.. One more small thing.. In the HTC help and error reporting, it said that this is a test device... Will that restrict flashing new FW and all?? Also will that error message disappear if I flash a different FW or RUU? I think it shud be because of OS, but I wanna know..

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Awesome! Thanks for the info.. One more small thing.. In the HTC help and error reporting, it said that this is a test device... Will that restrict flashing new FW and all?? Also will that error message disappear if I flash a different FW or RUU? I think it shud be because of OS, but I wanna know..

That message (test device and error reporting is always on) is due to the device being S-Off (on a stock ROM)... but who cares?
--1) Do you think HTC collects more information than google, your provider, etc
--2) how often does your phone crash? cause that's when it's supposed to send the information

--->> if you are the paranoid type, and think you need to go S-On (because it won't "allow" them to collect information), you're going to get into a lot of trouble if you don't know when and how to do it (which firmware, which ROM, which CID, which MID), and you'll be seriously stuck!!

And that message won't affect your ability to flash anything.

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
That message (test device and error reporting is always on) is due to the device being S-Off (on a stock ROM)... but who cares?
--1) Do you think HTC collects more information than google, your provider, etc
--2) how often does your phone crash? cause that's when it's supposed to send the information

--->> if you are the paranoid type, and think you need to go S-On (because it won't "allow" them to collect information), you're going to get into a lot of trouble if you don't know when and how to do it (which firmware, which ROM, which CID, which MID), and you'll be seriously stuck!!

And that message won't affect your ability to flash anything.

Nah, I am not that paranoid type and not concerned about HTC Collecting informartion.. Just wanted to know about the ability to flash :D The information you gave is perfect and what I wanted to read. Thanks a lot nkk71 .. :D

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Nah, I am not that paranoid type and not concerned about HTC Collecting informartion.. Just wanted to know about the ability to flash :D The information you gave is perfect and what I wanted to read. Thanks a lot nkk71 .. :D

no problem, remember to:
1- stay s-off

2- flash things only for m7_u/ul models... if you are unsure, then better ask first!!

for example this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2626050 almost looks like for the HTC One, but it does say:
* Target device: HTC Droid DNA (PL8320000)
and it's in the:
8f71e5dbf8630025c9f465ac8c5a6b07.png
forum!!!

you flash that, and you have yourself a serious problem!!

So stick to the correct forum, and make sure what you flash is m7_u/ul

Happy flashing :)

Reactions: Rah0ol

Rah0ol

Sep 27, 2011
no problem, remember to:
1- stay s-off

2- flash things only for m7_u/ul models... if you are unsure, then better ask first!!

for example this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2626050 almost looks like for the HTC One, but it does say:
and it's in the:
forum!!!

Oh that much I am used to.. :D I was in Incredible S Dev forum earlier and have efficiently used all ROMs starting from GB to KK.. :D Just that I didnt understand the concept of CID which was not there(or I didnt have to take a look at) but after the information got from you, I think I am sufficient info to start D

I am not a Noob at flashing and Rooting but some concepts change in a higher end phones and its always better to know stuffs indepth before trying it :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to do that? I dont know about that

you need a custom recovery, or a rooted ROM, do you have that?

then you open a shell and dd it out, for example:

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6_bak.img
    exit
    exit
    adb pull /sdcard/mmcblk0p6_bak.img

^^ careful with "dd" commands, you don't want to write something to one of your partitions (with S-Off you can brick easily using this command)
    in particular the "of=" (output file)... do not want to write something to one of your partitions!! (by mistake)

reading (and saving to /sdard) is perfectly safe, just not writing

this is what a p6 looks like:
    20ucv92.jpg

the MID the system reads is at offset 0x4000, the others remain unchanged, and CID the system reads is in a completely different partition(s).... so from here you can pretty much get the all the info what your phone originally was.

no problem, remember to:
    1- stay s-off

and it's in the:
    forum!!!

Oh that much I am used to.. :D I was in Incredible S Dev forum earlier and have efficiently used all ROMs starting from GB to KK.. :D Just that I didnt understand the concept of CID which was not there(or I didnt have to take a look at) but after the information got from you, I think I am sufficient info to start D

I am not a Noob at flashing and Rooting but some concepts change in a higher end phones and its always better to know stuffs indepth before trying it :D

Yes it's always better to do some research and ask questions if you are unsure :good:
    (definitely better than having to open a "bricked phone" thread)

and CID (carrier ID) is present on all phones, it "links" your phone either to a specific carrier or an non-specific carrier.

for example, if you bought your phone from Vodafone, you would probably have a CID that's VODAPxxx (xxx depends which country), and for a list of unbranded WWE (word wide english) CIDs:
    Code:
    HTC__001 --> HTC-WWE
    HTC__016 --> VODA-Africa-South
    HTC__032 --> HTC-EastEurope
    HTC__102 --> HTC-GER
    HTC__203 --> HTC-FRA
    HTC__304 --> HTC-SPA
    HTC__405 --> HTC-ITA
    HTC__A07 --> HTC-Russia
    HTC__E11 --> HTC-Dutch
    HTC__J15 --> HTC-GCC
    HTC__Y13 --> HTC-Nor
    No I havent tried yet, I am just collecting the information before I do it. Coz this is the first time I am unlocking without HTC DEV.

Well, I had found this earlier, I saw that it needs the device to be rooted before we do it. Is Rooting Possible without Unlocking bootloader? I mean I had followed a process of unlock bootloader-install custom recovery-Flash the root zip.

Not sure about rooting without the unlocked bootloader..

With S-Off, you can use a custom recovery masked as a firmware package http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52649709&postcount=266