[ROM] Glacier Gingerbread (2.3.3) MySense 2.1 Leak - EXT3 [5-1-2011]

Search This thread

$pitacular1

Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Kernel has NOTHING to do with cell receptions. All cell receptions are handled by Radio Interface Layer (RIL) in the framework.

I see.

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have disappeared anyway. I am not having any issues at all. It must have been something with the local cell tower

But at any rate, I rescind my previous statement, the tweaked kernel and GB leak run phenominal.

youngquazy

Dec 22, 2008
Myrtle Beach, SC
DSP Manager

Can someone make a zip that we can use to flash DSP Manager with? All of the ones I've tried either don't work or don't effect sound the same way it does in CM7

$pitacular1

Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles
edit the build.prop file under /system folder

find this line

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_glacier/glacier:2.3.3/GRI40/50867:userdebug/test-keys

then make it look like this:

Code:
#ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_glacier/glacier:2.3.3/GRI40/50867:userdebug/test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_glacier/glacier/glacier:2.2.1/FRG83/277036:user/release-keys

See if this helps with missing paid apps..

How can I do this without adb? it won't let me change permissions in terminal emulator nor in file explorer

**Edit** figured it out using root explorer. r/w issue that file explorer can't solve. ahh well $3.99 for the solution.

Last edited:

dclaw_fantum

Jan 29, 2009
Gps status from market is your friend for all gps related issues.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

I was having GPS issues. Didn't realize what the screen from GPS Status looked like when it had a lock. I wasn't getting a lock at all. The bottom of the screen just had a spinning circle pattern. I updated my radio to the 26.09.04.26 version from the radio thread and now I get 9/9 sats, a bunch of vertical green bars at the bottom of the compass and actual location info where the circle used to spin.

Using GPS status did me no good until I updated the radio. The phone wasn't turning on the GPS hardware, even though it looked like it from the OS feedback. I would recommend updating the radio to anyone who is having GPS issues after flashing this ROM, just do your homework first, there are risks associated, as with any firmware updating.

Last edited:

Patato22

May 21, 2011
Miami
Hi.

I have update to this version, but i only have one problem, my haptic feedback is not vibrate and it's on how can i fix this ?

$pitacular1

Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles
my swype keyboard just told me the "trial" period is over and it wont let me use it?? Why isnt it permanent in this rom?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Reactions: MowFaux

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
just installed rom, looks great but there are some bugs i was wodering if anyone knows how to fix these, or if it is just what it is.. swype and haptic feedback are not woriking, also google voice search is not working. dragon dictation is, just not google voice search... anyone have these issues, or know how to fix them?

Google voice search
Swype
Haptic Feedback

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
ok i fugured out a workaround for swype.. apearently you can now get the beta swype 3.0 or whatever it is right from swype, you just register your email and they send you the beta directly to your phone, but it will not install beacuse gingerbread has it built into it, so i downloaded bloatfreezer from the appstore to freeze the factory swype, i then installed the swype beta from swype and bam, i now not only have swype back but the new sype with a slightly new keyboard, and it is awsome!!

but here is the odd thing.. google voice search still does not work, and when i uninstall it, swype goes crazy and force closes and will not work.. then i install google voice search and swype works again, not sure why they are working hand in hand... but i really wish i could figure out voice search... but i do have swype, and a new and improved swype at that!! you should all try it!! seems great!!

beta.swype (dot) com

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
ok sorry to keep reposting, but here is where i am at now..

now the new swype is working, i guess the orignal was not not working, but it said something like the licence had expired and needed updating, but with the freeze and the new swype install it is working fine.

haptic feedback is also working, must have had something to do with swype, once swype was working this was also..

google voice search is the only thing giving me a problem now, and its not force closing or anything, its just not understanding me.. its not the phone eaither because dragon dictation works fine, it is something maybe with compatibility with the rom or something. is anyone else experiencing this? it just dont understand me, if i take the phone further away and talk real slow it will come up with something that is close to what i am saying but not correct.. very strange..

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
ok sorry to keep reposting, but here is where i am at now..

now the new swype is working, i guess the orignal was not not working, but it said something like the licence had expired and needed updating, but with the freeze and the new swype install it is working fine.

haptic feedback is also working, must have had something to do with swype, once swype was working this was also..

google voice search is the only thing giving me a problem now, and its not force closing or anything, its just not understanding me.. its not the phone eaither because dragon dictation works fine, it is something maybe with compatibility with the rom or something. is anyone else experiencing this? it just dont understand me, if i take the phone further away and talk real slow it will come up with something that is close to what i am saying but not correct.. very strange..
You must understand that this is only a leaked rom, it's still a debugging build..It's not finally and is bound to be filled with bugs and issues for now. Wait till tmo releases the full 2.3 for our phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The LONG AWAITED LEAK is finally here:

Credit to JoelZ9614 for discovering the leak....
    Original Leak Post here!

This is STOCK.. ALL BLOATWARES included (pushed to /data/app for easy removal). I won't be updating this ROM AT ALL. ROM Chefs are WELCOME to use this as their BASE :D

[ Details of Leak ]

Sense Version: MySense 2.1
    Android Version: 2.3.3
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.10
    File System: EXT 3
    Voltage: STOCK VOLTAGE
    CPU Clock: 1024 MHz (HTC Performance LOCKED - NO OVERCLOCKING without source code)
    CPU Governor: OnDemand (Default)
    CPU Scheduler: CFS ONLY
    I/O Scheduler: Deadline (Default), CFQ is available to switch to (via su script)

WARNING: DO NOT FLASH ANY OF MY 2.6.32 KERNELS with THIS LEAK if you want to preserve 100% Compatibility. This ROM requires a TRUE 2.6.35+ Kernel...

[ Release Info ]

1. Super User Added
    2. Zip Aligned
    3. Bloatware moved to /data/app (for easy removal)

[ Download Info ]

[ primary ]

The File ==> GB-Sense-Glacier-Leak <==

[ mirror - please use primary first to preserve bandwidth for mirror! ]

[ Installation Info ]

Installation Procedures:

WARNING MUST HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING RECOVERY:
    2.5.1.2, 3.0.0.6 or 3.0.2.4

The installer will perform FULL DATA WIPE AND SYSTEM WIPE automatically!

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Install From Zip
    3. DONE.

[ Optional Kernel Tweaks ] (already... yeah.. I am like that :D )

[ Primary ]
    The File ==> BFS-Like + CFQ Tweaked STOCK KERNEL <==

[ Mirror ] - Please USE PRIMARY first to preserve Mirror's Bandwidth!!!
    The File ==> BFS-Like + CFQ Tweaked STOCK KERNEL <==

NOTE: This KERNEL IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THIS ROM!!!!

1. Boot into recovery (AFTER YOU INSTALL THE ROM ALREADY)
    2. Install From Zip
    3. DONE.

[ Tweak Details ]

- Added BFS like tweaks to CFS scheduler (more responsive)
    - Enabled CFQ scheduler for Internal FLASH (better multitasking)

NOTE: FIRST BOOT MAY TAKE UP TO 5 MINS to complete!!!!!!! BE PATIENT, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG!!!!

Enjoy the LEAK :D

[ Bugs ]

NONE SO FAR...
    T-Mobile US APN Settings: (By Elvis_Freshly)

Click on Menu
    Click on Settings
    Click on Wireless & networks
    Click on Mobile networks
    Click on Access Point Network

You will see a tab with Some provider settings,if rooted device with custom ROM.
    Ignore it for now.

Click on Menu
    Select New APN from popup menu.
    You will see a window come up with a bunch of tabs.
    Clcik on name and Name the connection as T-Mobile USA
    Click on APN and enter epc.tmobile.com
    Click on Proxy and enter 216.155.165.50
    Click on Port and enter 8080
    Username will show as (leave it alone do not touch)
    Password will show as (leave it alone do not touch)
    Server will show as (leave it alone do not touch)
    Click on MMSC and type in http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Click on MMS proxy and type 216.155.165.50
    Click on MMS port and type 8080

MMS Protocol should be WAP 2.0 if not then click on tab and select WAP 2.0

MCC should be set to 310 if not click on tab and set it to 310
    MNC should be set to 260 if not clcik on it and set to 260

Click on Authentication type and select None
    Click on APN type and enter default,supl,mms
    And then Click on menu and save it.

Now click on back button and select the Telkeia tab
    when It opens up click on menu and select Delete APN
    Now you go back and you will see a T-Mobile US Apn that we just created.
    Select that and a red circle should appear next to the Tab.

Now press back twice to go to Wireless & Networks screen
    Uncheck Mobile network tab and wait for a few secs;

Check the Mobile networks tab again;
    Now reset your phone and enjoy T-Mobile data, MMS and SMS
    You should cook a RG version of this... :p
    Allready running one :eek: :p Just need to do a few finishing touches to it. I got a little part time job so I am not unemployed still. But they have been training me full time so I havent had as much time as I would like. Last day of training tomorrow tho, so I will have more time soon.
    I added super users, zip aligned and moved bloatwares to /data/app for easy removal:

[ primary ]

[ mirror - please use primary first to preserve bandwidth for mirror! ]

thanks papi :D no homo
    All of the differences I've noticed:

-no more E/H on status bar, now it's 2g and 4g. I'm sure 3g is somewhere in there but I haven't seen it.
    - A little smoother. a LITTLE bit. I'm judging off of how smoothly the status bar can get pulled down. (Wasn't very smooth in stock 2.2.1)
    - Quick settings in pulldown bar. Kinda cool I guess.
    -Some icons in status bar (Notifications by system apps like gmail, market updates) are now gingerbread version, light gray colored
    -A few new bloatware apps on top of the old ones
    -Some basic color theme differences, like all checkboxes being filled in red instead of blue when selected. Also, icons like messaging now have a green/gray number next to them when there is a new message, as it used to be pink.
    - Some more pure sense similarities (E.g. the browser icon)
    - New live wallpaper - slide show of images on phone
    - Wi-fi protected setup is now an obvious feature (Noticed this in the doubleshot rom as well)
    - "About phone" in settings finally has an option to check for updates. Dont know how well that would work on the occasion that one is available that is newer than this leak.
    - Some basic gingerbread stuff, like the battery use graph. No scroll animations or screen of animations, though.

EDIT:
    -so I just noticed that the phone looks better. It's pretty much the same one as the doubleshot leak.

Oddly similar:

-The opening video upon fresh installation still shows the phone depicted with 2.2.1 (The H data icon at the top)
    -Mysense is literally no different. Which pisses my off because it has a lot of room for improvement.
    - Same indicators at the top (Excluding data indicator letters)

They didn't change near enough to constitute a gingerbread update. I would love to find out this was just a testing version still in development.