[ROM] ICS 4.04 for u8800pro - Version 4.1 .35 Kernel

Search This thread

bronxitas

Jan 19, 2010
Palanga
We found workaround for unlocked pink screen ;) but still have few troubles with some hardware things. For now it's the early stage when we finish doing stock maybe someone could do aurora mod. Yes kernel 3 and ril working very well.

Sent from my ragelis

Reactions: huawhat

huawhat

Jun 2, 2012
Last edited:

billy51ve

Jul 22, 2012
Failed to change the language

Error when I switch to Spanish says: Unfortunately, the application's UI system is stopped, I can do paea fix this?

mm231982

Jul 27, 2010
Error when I switch to Spanish says: Unfortunately, the application's UI system is stopped, I can do paea fix this?

Same thing happens to me,when i select my native language Slovenian. Can someone fix this, i am using the Aurora_4.0_4.0.4_moded,it has english input on default...i would like to try this new build....

SpaceKiller

Jan 1, 2012
Santiago
Same thing happens to me,when i select my native language Slovenian. Can someone fix this, i am using the Aurora_4.0_4.0.4_moded,it has english input on default...i would like to try this new build....

I created a fix for this rom, now you can use other languages (i use spanish without problems).

Link: mediafire.com/?1thjl949ubgek3f

Copy the link and paste into your browser.

mm231982

Jul 27, 2010
I created a fix for this rom, now you can use other languages (i use spanish without problems).

Thanks man,will try as soon as i backup my stuff, will report back...

EDIT: It works,but i need the input language...al least english
EDIT2: Got it working with the LatinIME.apk from h t t p s ://code.google.com/p/pikachukaki/downloads/list

Last edited:

billy51ve

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks

Thanks for the solution, another thing that does not work is the data and the lights touch the buttons, the touch screen is slow, the rest I liked this rom, I have a U8800-51 of Huawey certainly I can uninstall that application in Chinese applications, Thank you for your work. excellent

data did not work and the SD gives some problems, but it works, wifi if you work

Last edited:

mm231982

Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for the solution, another thing that does not work is the data and the lights touch the buttons, the touch screen is slow, the rest I liked this rom, I have a U8800-51 of Huawey certainly I can uninstall that application in Chinese applications, Thank you for your work. excellent

Yea,it doesn't work with me also,if i change the brightness to auto there's a little light behing the buttons but not enough...

Michalisx5

Jan 28, 2012
Thessalonikh
For me tha latest update is super!!!! I change the rom yesterday and i have no prob!!!!!!
I also o/c the cpu to 1200 and it runs very well!!!! And for even more better performance i use nova launcher pro where u can hide the icons too!!!!
Very good job for now !!!!!!

Can u tell me if the gapps are MUST for the rom??

Last edited:

billy51ve

Jul 22, 2012
and the data?

For me tha latest update is super!!!! I change the rom yesterday and i have no prob!!!!!!
I also o/c the cpu to 1200 and it runs very well!!!! And for even more better performance i use nova launcher pro where u can hide he icons too!!!!
Very good job for now !!!!!!

Can u tell me if the gapps are MUST for the rom??

and i have no prob!!!!!!
Hello, my question is:do you have have data or only wifi?

_Pimple

Jul 20, 2012
problems with facebook and gmail

this rom is great, the only problem is with tethering and one annoying bug that causes facebook and gmail content goes blank. (tested in u8800-51)

is there a fix for this problems?

thanks and congratulations for your work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version: DZO-the latest of Aurora_4.1_4.0.4
    Kernel: Geno - using the latest CAF Source: M7630AABBQMLZA404030I
    Review: Sakura suza
    ROM size: approximately 110Mb
    ROM name: Aurora_4.1_4.0.4.zip
    Recommendation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FULL PACKAGE

1) Download the zip file of the rom with your pc;
    2) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
    3) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 5.0.2.7);
    4) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
    5) At the new recovery boot go to "mount and storage";
    6) Mount usb storage;
    7) Plug in your usb-microusb cable;
    8) Copy the downloaded zip file into the external sdcard;
    9) Wipe data/factory;
    10) Wipe cache;
    11) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
    12) [OPTIONAL if you experience a huge battery drain only] Wipe Battery Stats;
    13) Go to "mount and storage", then "format /system";
    14) Install zip from sdcard;
    15) choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
    16) Install complete!
    17) reboot system now.

[GAPPS]
    http://goo.im/gapps/
    ---------

DOWNLOAD :http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/files/Aurora_4.1_4.0.4_Sakura_120719.zip

Unwanted apk's to free the system...CAUTION!!!Careful what you will delete this list is about what i delete if you see an apk that you need or don't know what it did don't delete it!!Those are from MIUIV4 some they exist on aurora some don't!!!
    Antispam.apk
    Backup.apk
    BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
    BugReport.apk
    CloudService.apk
    Galaxy4.apk (Keep this if you want ICS gallery)
    GuardProvider.apk
    HoloSpiralWallpaper
    LiveWallpapers.apk
    LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk (Keep this and the 3 above if you want Live Wallpapers)
    MiuiHome.apk (Keep this if you wont change launcher)
    Monitor.apk
    NoiseField.apk
    Notes.apk (Keep this if you want notes)
    Phasebeam.apk
    PicoTts.apk
    PrivInit.apk
    Protips.apk
    Provision.apk
    Quicksearchbox.apk
    Sharedstoragebackup.apk
    Soundrecorder.apk (Keep this if you want sound recorder)
    SuperMarket.apk
    TelocationProvider.apk
    UserDictionaryprovider.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    VoiceDialer.apk (Keep this if your using voice dialer)
    VoiceSearch.apk
    VpnDialogs.apk (Keep this if you use VPN...for some reason)
    Wappushmanager.apk
    Modif

Hi people, this is slightly modified version of Aurora_3.1_4.0.4.

I replaced stock huawei launcher with Zeam launcher, stock browser with Dolphin browser HD,"better keyboard" and google apps (as gmail, talk) are also included.

http://code.google.com/p/my-first-mod/downloads/list

Installation process are the same as is write in first post. Please follow instruction as are written. No need to install gapps.

Tested and work good, if you have any problem please send me PM, I will try to help you.

If your backlight on buttons is not working try Automatic brightness, backlight is lit slightly but it works.

(Uploaded with the consent Pikachukaki :) )

(apps.rar include some useful apps, no installable with CWM, if you want try the apps you must unpack, copy to SD and then classic installation process )

Regards

ps: i am not a developer, i only replace some applications
    uploading the aurora_2.05_8800pro.zip :) stay tuned

EDIT: enjoy :) http://www.2shared.com/file/LJGICH-w/aurora_205_8800pro.html
    There are so many new process and system apps, I'm sure most of them may be safely deleted, but which exactly? No one wanna find out? :)

I'm running 2.07 and I could swear that removing Wiper.apk has re-enabled the use of my Camera again (either that or the switching of the /system/lib/ folder with the 2.06 one and then back again)...

2.06 search button behave like power button o_O

Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl and change "key 217 POWER" to "key 217 SEARCH"
    Prople! Before installing new ROM, open zip of this rom with winrar, find build.prop copy it to your desctop and delete original one from archive. Then open build.prop with Notepad++, find:
    ro.product.locale.language=
    ro.product.locale.region=

and change it to your.
    For me it is
    ro.product.locale.language=ru
    ro.product.locale.region=RU

Put build prop into zip where it was and flash it with CWM

Than after flashing you will get rom started with your language running on :)