Charging EVO 3D

Search This thread

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
Anyone know if the charging on the 3D will be like the 4G where when you take it off the charger it drops immediately? Would be nice to see if HTC fixes this to where it's something like a trickle charge.

aimbdd

Jul 27, 2009
PA/MD
There will be no trickle charge because it wears down a battery faster. what they need is two charging circuits. On for charging, and one to run the phone on after the battery is charged

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

fmedina2

Sep 6, 2010
Orlando, FL
There will be no trickle charge because it wears down a battery faster. what they need is two charging circuits. On for charging, and one to run the phone on after the battery is charged

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

I agree. There has been some reports on here by people running the trickle charge kernel that have seen their battery burn up or explode. :eek: I am sure people will still develop this kernel for the 3D though.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I agree. There has been some reports on here by people running the trickle charge kernel that have seen their battery burn up or explode. :eek: I am sure people will still develop this kernel for the 3D though.

6 reports out of thousands of people using SBC kernels. And the problem was pretty definitively traced down to cheap Chinese knock off batteries. I never saw a report, or even heard of a report, where someone using a decent battery ever had any kind of problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

NewZJ

Aug 27, 2010
Seattle, Wa
There will be no need for SBC kernels for the 3d. The reason they were created was to fix a charging problem that was in the n1, incredible and Evo only. HTC has fixed the bug in the most recent phone lineup. Don't worry SBC haters and lovers, it wont be needed

Reactions: Samzebian

sidepart

Nov 8, 2009
No man's land
www.thesidepart.com
I also wonder if the chargers (car and wall) from the orginal evo 4g will work with the evo 3d.

If it uses micro-USB (like it should) then of course they would.

Here you go! Go nuts, buy a million of each of these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=4867&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10826&cs_id=1082602&p_id=6765&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10826&cs_id=1082602&p_id=3526&seq=1&format=2

amzp88

Jul 11, 2009
Charging Problems

Hey guys, pretty new to this but here's the story;

My Evo 3D has been rooted and now has the latest version of leedroid (all done by my cousin) but now I'm having issues with the Charging.

I leave the phone to charge overnight but when i wake up, the light is green but the battery is only around 70-80%, I then have to leave it to charge until 100% and then unplug.. is this a software or hardware issue? it seems it stops charging when reached 100% but then doesnt remain active.

I've had a look around the forums but can't find any fixes.. please help!

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
Hey guys, pretty new to this but here's the story;

My Evo 3D has been rooted and now has the latest version of leedroid (all done by my cousin) but now I'm having issues with the Charging.

I leave the phone to charge overnight but when i wake up, the light is green but the battery is only around 70-80%, I then have to leave it to charge until 100% and then unplug.. is this a software or hardware issue? it seems it stops charging when reached 100% but then doesnt remain active.

I've had a look around the forums but can't find any fixes.. please help!

Maybe ask in the leedroid thread

THISIS50.com if its hot its here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There will be no need for SBC kernels for the 3d. The reason they were created was to fix a charging problem that was in the n1, incredible and Evo only. HTC has fixed the bug in the most recent phone lineup. Don't worry SBC haters and lovers, it wont be needed