Modified ROMs. Please Read

Search This thread

re_ipsa

Mar 15, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Hie guys.

I'm new user... am trying to install the updated rom... thanks to pug(pray for it to be successful). Btw, clustered, u seemsto be quite an expert. Then now i can have a local O2 guru

xdanoobie

Mar 6, 2006
backing up origanal rom

I must seem very stupid to some people, but bear with me cos i'm a slow learner.

Is there a way to back-up my original rom so that i can try the ones on the ftp site without losing the original (poss active sync) :oops:

Have managed to change roms and unlock country id and sim locks on xdaii(himalaya i think) xda2i (alpine i think) and xda-mini-s (wizard i think).

goal is to have good rom with all my progs installed, for when i'm daft enough to let my batttery go flat. it will just go to how i have it when i've put it all back on (would be really nice)

t3chsupp0rt

Mar 24, 2006
AT LAST I FOUND THE RIGHT THREAD :D

@all: any info on how to backup the existing rom? :D thanks!!!

@xdanoobie: any luck on this? :D thanks!!!

@re_ipsa: yeah he's an expert alright see the stars over there :D he's like a 10 star general :D

seatone

Nov 10, 2005
t3chsupp0rt
for backup:
Code:
http://en.pdamobiz.com/en/forum/PDAforum_posts.asp?TID=370&PN=1

jahirul

Dec 9, 2005
Lonodn
Hi All.

How do I enable smart dialing feature on the phone pad. I've installed pug's 162 rom (camera fixed and o2 stuff stripped)

Thanks

jahirul

Dec 9, 2005
Lonodn
jahirul said:
Hi All.

How do I enable smart dialing feature on the phone pad. I've installed pug's 162 rom (camera fixed and o2 stuff stripped)

Thanks

Don't know how it just reappeard couple of days ago once agian. The option to turn it on went missing after the upgrade but now it's all ok.

D

Deleted member 297295

Rom Upgrade

Hi Pug,

I upgraded the rom/radio version on my qtek 2020i (which I bought second hand from the UK, an original Vodafone), using your image , so that I could hopefully get TT5 to work. Why? Cos I checked out several sites and most deemed it necessary to be using radio version 1.04 and a MMC plus card (which I have) for TT5.

The upgrade went ok, but now I can see that the the Windows image is a Pocket PC one and I no longer have Windows Mobile 2003SE. Secondly, this has done nothing to get TT working.

So basically, I want to go back to the original rom & radio versions and the original operating system on the Qtek 2020i.

Do you know where I can get an official Windows Mobile 2003SE OS, ROM, Radio version etc to put back on the Qtek2020i? I've tried looking everywhere, inlcuding Microsoft fot WM2003Se but to no avail. Du to the lack of official Qtek support.

Thanks,

tatoos_sj

Apr 25, 2006
lost radio version on my XDA lls please help

I certainly upgrade the wrong file for my XDA lls, and now it's
lost the radio version, how could I install back..

please help
be thankful

afterlife

Nov 6, 2004
Singapore
Blackberry

Pug> Do u think it's possible to cook a rom with blackberry??

162 ROM with O2 crap removed, Radio 1.04, improved camera and extra Bluetooth profiles:

Thanks.

dror.dahan

Mar 19, 2006
ROM update for XDA IIi - need help

Hi Pug,
I have failed to install your ROM from the following links:

162 ROM with O2 crap removed, Radio 1.04, improved camera and extra Bluetooth profiles:
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...2_Radio-1.04_O2stuffstripped_Camera_Fixed.rar

Standard 162 ROM, Radio 1.04, improved camera and extra Bluetooth profiles:
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...Upgrade_v1.11.162_Radio_1.04_Camera_Fixed.rar

I have also tried from:
http://www.my-xda.com/xda2i_soft3.html

The failure is right at the beginning of the ROM setup: while it's tring to figure what kind of PPC, it declines by saying it's not the correct device for this ROM update setup.

What do I need to do to make it work?
Do you know where I can get a setup that will work for my XDA IIi?

I realy appreciate your help.

p.s.
I have bought my o2 XDA IIi in Thailand.
more details:
ROM version: 1.11.00 WWE
ROM date: 01/27/05
Radio version: 1.00.00
Protocol version: 1337.39
ExtROM version: 1.11.923 WWE

christopherwoods

Sep 26, 2005
The NORTH
chriswoods.co.uk
Sounds like you're not using the patched no_ID firmware updater (it doesn't check for the right device ID before it initiates the update). Download MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe from the XDA-Developers FTP (ftp://xda:xda@xda-developers.com/Magician/Tools/MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe) and use that in place of the original Upgrade app (for instance, the default AlUpgradeUt.exe updater won't work with German O2 phones because the country ID is different, and the patched Magician Updater - MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe - doesn't look for a country ID... so, problem solved).

wyco

Apr 22, 2006
London
firstoffthetube.co.uk
Hey,

I have 2 quite basic questions, but I just wondered...
My device is a Qtek 2020i (not O2, not Tmobile, no nothing :))

Rom v. 1.11.00 WWE
Date 2005/1/27
Radio: 1.02.00
Protocol 1337.41
ExtRom: 1.11.112 WWE

First. Which one of your ROMs should i download? I figured Standard 162 ROM, Radio 1.04, improved camera and extra Bluetooth profiles.
Second and more importantly, why should I d/l the file? I mean what extra will I get to have? Does it worth it?
Thnx

dror.dahan

Mar 19, 2006
ROM update failure again - need HELP

christopher - thanks for your help but it didn't work out.

I have replaced the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe file from ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...Upgrade_v1.11.162_Radio_1.04_Camera_Fixed.rar and replaced it with ftp://xda:xda@xda-developers.com/Magician/Tools/MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe as you said.

Unfortunatly I got the same failure.
Here are more details about the failure:

1. I made hard reset before starting the process.
2. I placed the XDA IIi in the cradle.
3. run MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe
4. The XDA IIi screen became gray/black with "USB" writen on it.
5. On the computer a window appear telling me that it checks my device.
6. A window with my ROM version details apear and with the new version it is about to install. -> next
7. A window appear telling me that it checks my device again.
8. Error window apear (Device Software Update Utility R100 01500-CB1.01 -1) with the following message:
error 120: country ID error 25-25-22-22-17

What am I doing wrong?

brownpiggies

May 9, 2006
Singapore
help needed

hi all,
i just finish upgrade my IIi ROM to PUG's rom.
at first it was ok , i was playing with the o2 active user thing.
den i restore my data from xBackup,and everything goes back to my old IIi.
but i checked the radio version it has changed to 1.04.
can someone tell mi if i have successfully upgraded?

another thing, bottom left of the screeen on the command bar suppose to have 3 icon,
bluetooth, wifi , screen rotation.
but even after soft reset,
the scrren rotation icon disappear.
HELP!!!

.G.

Jun 5, 2006
omg plz help i just tried to use one of the upgrading roms and now my alpine is dead i get nothing no restart nothing i can faintly see serial writin at the top and v1.01 at the bottom what can i do i put it in craddle etc and it is not picked up to stnc it to try to upgrade again what do i do

christopherwoods

Sep 26, 2005
The NORTH
chriswoods.co.uk
Re: help needed

brownpiggies said:
hi all,
i just finish upgrade my IIi ROM to PUG's rom.
at first it was ok , i was playing with the o2 active user thing.
den i restore my data from xBackup,and everything goes back to my old IIi.
but i checked the radio version it has changed to 1.04.
can someone tell mi if i have successfully upgraded?

another thing, bottom left of the screeen on the command bar suppose to have 3 icon,
bluetooth, wifi , screen rotation.
but even after soft reset,
the scrren rotation icon disappear.
HELP!!!

If you use xBackup to restore your old data, you're restoring everything - including the old registry - which will overwrite the new, fresh registry and all the new configuration settings that the rom upgrade brings to the device.

Basically, you should reflash the device again from scratch, and only use ActiveSync to restore your contacts (use something like smsBackup to backup and restore your contacts, or you can pay for a program from somewhere like handango but smsBackup is free so I use it)

In a few words, never use xBackup to restore your device after you've upgraded the firmware, because you'll totally mess it up.

christopherwoods

Sep 26, 2005
The NORTH
chriswoods.co.uk
.G. said:
omg plz help i just tried to use one of the upgrading roms and now my alpine is dead i get nothing no restart nothing i can faintly see serial writin at the top and v1.01 at the bottom what can i do i put it in craddle etc and it is not picked up to stnc it to try to upgrade again what do i do

We need more details - what ROM did you use? Did you have any problems like the computer crashing after you started the upgrade? There are instructions on this thread for how to recover a 'bricked' device (as yours is, currently) by using the right combination of patch program and just redoing all the steps as you did first time.

Go read the threads and then give it another go. This post: http://xdaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=297383#297383 may help you (follow the instructions exactly and you should be alright).

Top Liked Posts