Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] upgrade to wp7 / flash wp7 rom/ downgrade from wp7 to 6.5 WM OS

Tip us?

Ccuong_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MironV View Post
Thank you!

I do not own an external charger. Can i charge it via PC?
I tried to plug it in the PC: it shows me the red light for a while, then the led turns off, the phone is trying to boot WP7, it doesn't, the red light turns on. And this reapeats and reapeats.
if you have complete flash to wp7 then bettery empty, let's it conect to charge. after few time reboot, i will boot to wp7
if not, you have to charge bettery outside the phone and reflash
good luck

alexakos35
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy tg01 dead

I will try to put a wm 7.5 and my phone dead.Black led,not charge and not open.Please help me!!!

MironV
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccuong_ View Post
if you have complete flash to wp7 then bettery empty, let's it conect to charge. after few time reboot, i will boot to wp7
if not, you have to charge bettery outside the phone and reflash
good luck
I don't think it completed the flash. After plugging it into the PC, I only got a red light for a couple of minutes, then no light, then a red light, and so on. Thought it might charge in noncontinuous steps or something.

I'll try an external charger.

Thank you Ccuong_

hlov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The selected file is different from the following model

Hi all,
I got the above error when I tried to use the downloader with the wp7boot.bin. I have tried all the combinations TG01W TG01C TG01W-DCM. I have the spanish version of the TG01.
Can I safely ignore this message or am I doing something wrong? the phone is detected on the downloader.
Thanks
If u like my work please Donate
Cheers,
Hlov

revomat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down win 7 to win 6.5

problem has come back to win 6.5 with 6.5 TG01 boot not turn on after the mailing of boot6.5 not white light and also turns on what to do

goqsane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everybody.

Unfortunately I find the instructions here very unclear.

You're referring to things that do not exist in the files you're linking us to. Could anyone write a guide how to flush a ROM for COMPLETE newbies? Mind you, I've had years of experience with Linux, FreeBSD, etc, but am just not getting it in this case. Might have to do with the language.

Things I've done:

Downloaded FLASH_TOOLS and the ROM file.

Things I'm struggling to understand:

Quote:
2. copy flash the wm6.5 rom with 0321 radio to SD card PRG folder. Copy tg_ssdl.exe + tg_ssdl+.exe in the same folder
Where do I get the 6.5 ROM file from then? Also, there is no tg_ssdl.exe and tg_ssdl+.exe files. There is only fxdjtg01_sddl+.exe found in FLASH TOOLS.

Also, what does it mean to copy those files to the PRG folder? I do not have any knowledge about it.

Quote:
3. press on tg_ssdl+.exe to start the download

4. after 20 min. you have wm 6.5.x OS with 0321 radio.
3. Press on tg_ssdl+? What do you even mean by that? I suppose you mean to run it? If so, where from? Should I run it from the device or not?

4. ??? I thought I already was supposed to COPY it...?

Quote:
9. select over browse the file from wp7bootloader folder
Which file is it?

Really, I'd appreciate it a million if somebody wrote this guide in an intelligible way...

Many thanks and hope to see you soon.

Ccuong_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goqsane View Post
Hello everybody.

Unfortunately I find the instructions here very unclear.

You're referring to things that do not exist in the files you're linking us to. Could anyone write a guide how to flush a ROM for COMPLETE newbies? Mind you, I've had years of experience with Linux, FreeBSD, etc, but am just not getting it in this case. Might have to do with the language.

Things I've done:

Downloaded FLASH_TOOLS and the ROM file.

Things I'm struggling to understand:

Where do I get the 6.5 ROM file from then? Also, there is no tg_ssdl.exe and tg_ssdl+.exe files. There is only fxdjtg01_sddl+.exe found in FLASH TOOLS.

Also, what does it mean to copy those files to the PRG folder? I do not have any knowledge about it.

3. Press on tg_ssdl+? What do you even mean by that? I suppose you mean to run it? If so, where from? Should I run it from the device or not?

4. ??? I thought I already was supposed to COPY it...?

Which file is it?

Really, I'd appreciate it a million if somebody wrote this guide in an intelligible way...

Many thanks and hope to see you soon.
-there's many hyperlink on the guide. you can click and download thing you need there
eg:http://www.4shared.com/zip/MOvoBKH2/...ootloader.html to download a rom with 0321 radio

-tg_ssdl.exe and tg_ssdl+.exe files you can download here
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/trisc.../SDDL.rar(this link is right in this topic)
you copy a WM6.5 rom with 0321 radio to phone memory card, in a folder name PRG
disconnect your phone from usb, go to a file explorer app on phone and run tg_ssdl+.exe. it's will flash the rom you have copy in prg folder then your phone's radio will be 0321

goqsane
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for your help. I managed to flush the WP6.5 with the radio you mentioned.

I'm running on Win7 64 bit and am now trying to download the bootloader, but it keeps saying "port not found." Did anybody have the same problem?

wyemarn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have sucessfully flashed my locked Softbank X02T to WP7.5 and it is unlocked now. A lot of functions is not working so I'm thinking to flash back to WM6.5. I wonder if I can flash back to WM6.5 and will my phone be locked again? Thanks.

MironV
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goqsane View Post
thanks for your help. I managed to flush the WP6.5 with the radio you mentioned.

I'm running on Win7 64 bit and am now trying to download the bootloader, but it keeps saying "port not found." Did anybody have the same problem?
Go to page 19 and check my post from there, regarding this. Sorry this is 4-5 days late..

Hope it works!