[Q] Kindle App shortcut

Search This thread

Martimus

Nov 24, 2010
My NC was rooted using the 12/25 Autonooter app! Pretty darn easy process to say the least! Thanks guys!

After completing all of the steps I went into the Android Market and downloaded the Amazon Kindle app. The app downloaded and installed onto my NC but it doesn't look like it created a shortcut in the Extras folder. Is there a defined process to do this?

I can launch the Kindle app from within the Market app but am hoping to find a way to launch it from somewhere other than the Android Market. I really don't want to install a third party launcher onto the NC so I'm hoping for a different solution. Anyone have any suggestions?

wvcachi

Jul 20, 2010
Chicago
My NC was rooted using the 12/25 Autonooter app! Pretty darn easy process to say the least! Thanks guys!

After completing all of the steps I went into the Android Market and downloaded the Amazon Kindle app. The app downloaded and installed onto my NC but it doesn't look like it created a shortcut in the Extras folder. Is there a defined process to do this?

I can launch the Kindle app from within the Market app but am hoping to find a way to launch it from somewhere other than the Android Market. I really don't want to install a third party launcher onto the NC so I'm hoping for a different solution. Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you reboot, and then see if it shows up in Extras?

Reactions: Martimus

KeithRVA

Jun 4, 2010
Richmond, VA
Install a custom launcher like LauncherPro and your apps will appear instantly in the app drawer without rebooting. Not to mention that it will make your NookColor much more awesome in every way.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Install a custom launcher like LauncherPro and your apps will appear instantly in the app drawer without rebooting. Not to mention that it will make your NookColor much more awesome in every way.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

I love ADW on the Nook. With all the scaling options it has, you can pack in quite a bit of information on each home screen. The app launcher is also very customizable, and the widgets can be manually scaled. It's almost like it was made for the Nook Color.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you reboot, and then see if it shows up in Extras?