Power Reset or Unknown Upload Mode When flashing modems or google apps

Search This thread

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
I'm running CM9, before that CM7, and before that I had a problem with my 3-button recovery I believe I was on stock 2.2 I had used a fix somewhere in the forum for the 3 button fix and it worked. But now for example if I flash a different modem and or Google apps it does flash but then I get Power Reset or Unknown Upload Mode error screen. I have to pull the battery out and it will reboot. I think this may have something to due to the boot loaders? Any help would be helpful thanks.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
I think it's a product of that 3 bottom fix, which you should never flash again. To be sure, you should probably just get on gingerbread bootloaders

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Reminder, probably can't flash bootloaders while on cm/ics. I think the framework difference in that and Samsung causes problems. Also, try reformatting your internal memory sd card, just back everything you want to keep up first.

dave1977nj

Aug 24, 2010
Well it was a pain in the a$$ went to stock UCKK4 2.3.5 had to root that then had to change the kernel to corn for CWM recovery and flahed CM9 back. Took me like 2 hours :eek: the problem is now fixed

sriram_mech86

Apr 14, 2012
I flashed my captivate out of box having 3-button issue and installed cyanogen mod 9 which did not detect my PC so I tried to downgrade to cm_captivatemtd_full-179 from which I could not boot. Its continuously rebooting from bootloaders screen. Can you please help me fixing it..?

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
I flashed my captivate out of box having 3-button issue and installed cyanogen mod 9 which did not detect my PC so I tried to downgrade to cm_captivatemtd_full-179 from which I could not boot. Its continuously rebooting from bootloaders screen. Can you please help me fixing it..?

To clarify, are you only seeing the white AT&T World Phone screen?

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

sriram_mech86

Apr 14, 2012
I can see the At&T white screen....after that its goes into cyanogen mod screen and then cwm mode pops and again restating...

kira99

Oct 17, 2009
cant go back to stock rom galaxy i897 at&t

hello can someone help me please? i have a samsung i897 captivate it turns on but dont starts logo at&t pass google logo pass then a multicolor image appears and thats all, i try with the hard reset but fail the only thing that appears its this,

modem booting...
end modem booting.
now start usb upload.

an android image Power reset or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE,

i only want the stock rom from at&t :( help me please