Desk Dock

Search This thread

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
I used my X2 as a night clock, and I dropped the $20 on a dock and loved it. Now that I have the HD, I would like another dock.

The Moto flip stand deal is $40 with cable, and that sounds awful.
Do you guys have generic docks? What do you use?

This is what I'm looking into. As long as I can charge Landscape, I don't really care.

Thanks in advance

JSternke

Oct 28, 2012
Eden Prairie
I'm also looking for a nice dock. The BlueLounge one looks slick, but I don't like it that I would have to separately attach my charge cable. I don't think one exists yet for the HD so I'm just waiting. I'm sure they'll release something that has charging built in. (and it will be expensive I'm sure... :()

GeorgeHahn

Sep 15, 2010
Find someone with a 3D printer and make one....:)

I'm actually doing just that. Partial prototype turned out nicely, I'm printing the full version right now. Files will be on Thingiverse and GitHub as soon as I've verified the design.

Now I only need to find someone who can measure the resistances on the USB cable so it will go into dock mode automatically.

Reactions: lucidvtec

syntrix

Nov 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I'm actually doing just that. Partial prototype turned out nicely, I'm printing the full version right now. Files will be on Thingiverse and GitHub as soon as I've verified the design.

Now I only need to find someone who can measure the resistances on the USB cable so it will go into dock mode automatically.

Please post the link, I have friends with printers, and I'd love a dock where I don't have to worry about a cable to plug into when everything is dark!

GeorgeHahn

Sep 15, 2010
Please post the link, I have friends with printers, and I'd love a dock where I don't have to worry about a cable to plug into when everything is dark!

Here you go: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34668

The USB spacing is good but I can't verify that it is perfect, I'm holding off assembly until I can find the proper ID pin resistance.

I'm also going to start a thread here momentarily -> tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jimmy_Ste

Jan 12, 2009
I found a dock on Amazon that should work
Google Motorola HD Dock with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black

syntrix

Nov 10, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I found a dock on Amazon that should work
Google Motorola HD Dock with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black

Most of the HD docks were for the OG razr, not the "razr HD".

The pins are reversed, so you'll have to dremel it, hack it, hot glue it, cyanoacrylic it, duct tape it, etc.....

Let us know how that works out!

tatsujin

Jan 16, 2005
Most of the HD docks were for the OG razr, not the "razr HD".

The pins are reversed, so you'll have to dremel it, hack it, hot glue it, cyanoacrylic it, duct tape it, etc.....

Let us know how that works out!

I had a razr XT910 before and at least for the european device, the direction of the pins are the same as on the XT925. For example, a customized atrix lapdock for use with a razr does also fit for the razr hd.

Last edited:

mmm.waffles

Feb 1, 2011
BC
My apologies if this has been covered many times before but for those using it as an alarm clock, are you worried about / have you ever dealt with burn in? I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy Captivate (i896) with an amoled screen and after two years there was a distinct swiftkey layout that remained (most notably on black or white). Brightness spent the majority of its time at the minimum and time outs were short.

Last edited:

EdwardN

Jan 31, 2008
I use my phone as an alarm clock, just with the screen off. It turns the screen on again when the alarm goes off anyway.

mmm.waffles

Feb 1, 2011
BC
My question was not so much about enabling the screen to stay on while docked but if anyone has had screen burn in issues with later generation AMOLED screens (since I had troubles with that on first gen Samsung Galaxy).

RayLovesick

Apr 10, 2012
Houston
Been using mine as a night clock since I got it, no problems. The clock fades in and out of different parts of the screen to avoid burn in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

EdwardN

Jan 31, 2008
For what its worth, amazon dropped the price on the HD dock to $18.99

Be aware that the RAZR HD-dock is not for the RAZR HD, but rather for the RAZR to output HD. Confused yet? The dock for the old RAZR has the connection on the top of the phone, not the side. Might be able to mod it to work, but won't work stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Find someone with a 3D printer and make one....:)

I use the generic Motorola HD dock for my D4, and I was really disappointed at how dim the actual clock was in night mode. What I mean by that, is that the contrast between the actual numbers and the background is so small that I can sometimes not read the time at night without getting my face really close to the phone. How does the RAZR HD do in night mode? Pics would be helpful! Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm using the RAZR dock app and my otter box defender's clip actually doubles as a stand portrait and landscape, and it charges just fine and clock can be bright enough to read in sunlight.

Droid RAZR HD (current)
    LG Optimus One P-504 (For Sale)