[Q] Nexus 5 "My Apps" Google Play Problem

Search This thread

rianxeira

Jan 6, 2014
When I bought my Nexus 5 (Android 4.4) I had no problems with Google Play.
I could see the preinstalled system apps under "My Apps", it updated automatically... All O.K.
Then I updated to Android 4.4.2, unlocked bootloader, root and it still works fine.

A few days ago I decided to do a Hard Reset (Wipe Data/Factory Reset "Fastboot Mode").
When it was done, I decided to create another Google Account to buy apps, sync chrome, etc. because I use the other one as work email.
When I entered Google Play to see why preinstalled apps (Hangouts, Gmail, Play Music, etc.) wasn't updating automatically, in "My Apps", under "Installed" there's a loading wheel that never ends, and under "All" there's no app listed.

If I install an App, it appears on both lists (Installed and All), but the others don't.
When I search manually system apps, it says that it's installed and let me update, and after that, it appears on both lists.

I want to fix that: Apps not appearing in "My Apps" unless that I update those Apps, despite I have them installed in my Nexus 5.

Thank you, and sorry for my english :confused:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
When I bought my Nexus 5 (Android 4.4) I had no problems with Google Play.
I could see the preinstalled system apps under "My Apps", it updated automatically... All O.K.
Then I updated to Android 4.4.2, unlocked bootloader, root and it still works fine.

A few days ago I decided to do a Hard Reset (Wipe Data/Factory Reset "Fastboot Mode").
When it was done, I decided to create another Google Account to buy apps, sync chrome, etc. because I use the other one as work email.
When I entered Google Play to see why preinstalled apps (Hangouts, Gmail, Play Music, etc.) wasn't updating automatically, in "My Apps", under "Installed" there's a loading wheel that never ends, and under "All" there's no app listed.

If I install an App, it appears on both lists (Installed and All), but the others don't.
When I search manually system apps, it says that it's installed and let me update, and after that, it appears on both lists.

I want to fix that: Apps not appearing in "My Apps" unless that I update those Apps, despite I have them installed in my Nexus 5.

Thank you, and sorry for my english :confused:

Have you tried clearing the Play Store data?

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
...I want to fix that: Apps not appearing in "My Apps" unless that I update those Apps, despite I have them installed in my Nexus 5....
"All" apps shows only those installed under the presently signed-in account. To access the old account's apps, you need to add that account back onto your phone. Then you'll see that both accounts will be available in a drop-down in the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 5