turn old device into Chromecast

Search This thread

irish-sid

Aug 18, 2011
I have a note 2 with a cracked screen that's too expensive to fix at the mo and was wondering if there's a way to turn it into a Chromecast for my kitchen TV?
I will order a HDMI dongle if it's possible. I'd like it to have Chromecast functionality rather than manually using the device to select stuff.

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
I have a note 2 with a cracked screen that's too expensive to fix at the mo and was wondering if there's a way to turn it into a Chromecast for my kitchen TV?
I will order a HDMI dongle if it's possible. I'd like it to have Chromecast functionality rather than manually using the device to select stuff.

You can turn it in to a dlna device using bubbleupnp. Install it on the note and on the device your gonna stream from.

It's not the same as chromecast (cast function in apps won't work). But you can stream movies, music, SoundCloud and youtube with it.

Reactions: irish-sid

irish-sid

Aug 18, 2011
You can turn it in to a dlna device using bubbleupnp. Install it on the note and on the device your gonna stream from.

It's not the same as chromecast (cast function in apps won't work). But you can stream movies, music, SoundCloud and youtube with it.

Cool. Does it all render on the device I'm steaming from or does it pluck it from online like the Chromecast?

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Cool. Does it all render on the device I'm steaming from or does it pluck it from online like the Chromecast?

Both, i got an old android tvstick with bubbleupnp installed in my bedroom and i stream stuff from my server, tablet and showbox (last one is a internet stream).

You need to choose a external video player in bubbleupnp on your note to watch movies. I use Archos video player and the free codecpack in the playstore

Reactions: irish-sid

irish-sid

Aug 18, 2011
Both, i got an old android tvstick with bubbleupnp installed in my bedroom and i stream stuff from my server, tablet and showbox (last one is a internet stream).

You need to choose a external video player in bubbleupnp on your note to watch movies. I use Archos video player and the free codecpack in the playstore

Well thanks for the help. I'll test it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.