i am confused between LG NITRO HD and HTC VIVID 4G !-- pls help me decide ! :)

Search This thread

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
hey guys !!
gonna buy a device soon !

but i am confused between the lg nitro hd and the htc vivid 4g ?

pls help me decide !

what i would mainly consider

hardware (mainly for gaming and videos)
custom roms (ics mainly :D )
battery life
build quality
any other thing i would've missed :p

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
You're asking this in the Vivid forum so obviously we're going to the Vivid. Even if I wasn't biased, I'd say the Vivid over the LG. But might as well wait a week for the One X release at this point.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
You're asking this in the Vivid forum so obviously we're going to the Vivid. Even if I wasn't biased, I'd say the Vivid over the LG. But might as well wait a week for the One X release at this point.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

The One X might be a step down - no micro SD card, no removable battery. Yes, it will come with ICS and Sense 4, but the new Vivids being sold now probably have ICS (with Sense 3.6), or should.

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
The One X might be a step down - no micro SD card, no removable battery. Yes, it will come with ICS and Sense 4, but the new Vivids being sold now probably have ICS (with Sense 3.6), or should.

the one x is completely out of my interest ! and budget too :D

so i am only comparing the vivid vs nitro !

what would prefer ?

austin4913

Mar 30, 2012
College Station, TX
I have had the Vivid since the day it was released and have no regrets. LG makes some products very well...I have LG washer and dryer, DVD player...in my opinion they are far behind in comparison to HTC..but I am somewhat biased towards HTC after having an LG phone after my departure from the iPhone...I thought iPhone was the bomb until I tried android...no comparison..I too am not interested in the One X, not because of price but the battery and sd card issue..if I wanted that I would have stayed with apple...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Reactions: aaki_rocker

ccb101

Nov 11, 2011
Clinton Ct
i'd say vivid we have a batter camera in my opinion and we have better roms also in my opinion. also we have ics. i am also a fan of the sense UI over any other android UIs. also LGs history with phone updates is pretty terrible. The Nitro HD wasnt even a option when choosing the Vivid.

zacgoesrawr

Mar 4, 2012
Bay Area, CA
i've actually owned both the nitro and the vivid.
First i had the vivid. then i read up on the nitro's specs and decided to exchange it. i regretted it within a day and ended up getting the vivid again.

the camera is terrible (like really terrible, worse than 1st iphone terrible)
the phone is plain
the screen is the only thing the phone has over the vivid, and it's not a significant difference.
if you want the 1.5ghz clock than use a kernel that puts it to it's default value (htc underclocks for battery life) an hey you can go to 1.7 if you wanted to as well.

get the vivid, trust me lol

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
I have had the Vivid since the day it was released and have no regrets. LG makes some products very well...I have LG washer and dryer, DVD player...in my opinion they are far behind in comparison to HTC..but I am somewhat biased towards HTC after having an LG phone after my departure from the iPhone...I thought iPhone was the bomb until I tried android...no comparison..I too am not interested in the One X, not because of price but the battery and sd card issue..if I wanted that I would have stayed with apple...

i'd say vivid we have a batter camera in my opinion and we have better roms also in my opinion. also we have ics. i am also a fan of the sense UI over any other android UIs. also LGs history with phone updates is pretty terrible. The Nitro HD wasnt even a option when choosing the Vivid.

The Vivid has a stronger dev community than the Nitro. Plus I would prefer HTC Sense anyday over LG's interface.

LG is trash go with HTC!

Sent from my HTC PH39100

First i had the vivid. then i read up on the nitro's specs and decided to exchange it. i regretted it within a day and ended up getting the vivid again.

the phone is plain
the screen is the only thing the phone has over the vivid, and it's not a significant difference.
if you want the 1.5ghz clock than use a kernel that puts it to it's default value (htc underclocks for battery life) an hey you can go to 1.7 if you wanted to as well.

thanks a bunch guys !! :D

definately getting the vivid now !!

and is there anyone who had any issues with the device (software, hardware) any bricks or so ?

and also i would like to know whether vivid supports .mkv in the ics update (i know gb doesnt :( )

thanks... :)

zacgoesrawr

Mar 4, 2012
Bay Area, CA
i don't know if it natively does.. but you can get MX Player or something like that, and it'll play it. Also, i've never actually "bricked" my device i've messed everything up seriously multiple times but very easy to come back from it :)

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
i don't know if it natively does.. but you can get MX Player or something like that, and it'll play it. Also, i've never actually "bricked" my device i've messed everything up seriously multiple times but very easy to come back from it :)

yeap mx player does the job ! :D

but you know it is always better to have default video encoding support !

anyways, i am going for the vivid ! :D

is my choice legit ?

ccb101

Nov 11, 2011
Clinton Ct
My only suggestion is to not use cwm recovery or twirp recovery and use wcxrecovery. Wild child was on the phone with a guy for a few hours trying to get cwm recovery off this phone because it bricked it. After a while he got it off the phone. I have heard people are having issues with the twrip recovery as well so I've stayed clear of that myself

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
My only suggestion is to not use cwm recovery or twirp recovery and use wcxrecovery. Wild child was on the phone with a guy for a few hours trying to get cwm recovery off this phone because it bricked it. After a while he got it off the phone. I have heard people are having issues with the twrip recovery as well so I've stayed clear of that myself

+1

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown

It's a huge step up in development though. :D

Of course that's only speculation considering the AT&T version isn't out yet. Looking at the current development community, it's intriguing.

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
It's a huge step up in development though. :D

Of course that's only speculation considering the AT&T version isn't out yet. Looking at the current development community, it's intriguing.

There could be 1000 devs for the One X and I still wouldnt want the phone lol. No expandable memory kills it hard for me.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Vivid has a stronger dev community than the Nitro. Plus I would prefer HTC Sense anyday over LG's interface.
    LG is trash go with HTC!

Sent from my HTC PH39100

the phone is plain