Stock Original Official I717r Rogers Note Firmware

Search This thread

shikotee

Nov 14, 2006
Toronto
None of the links for 3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip seem to be working.
Any suggestions for alternate sources?

shikotee

Nov 14, 2006
Toronto
Did you look here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25566706

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I did...

I am unclear if "pda-odin-rogers-stock-system-boot" is the same as "PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00". Can anyone confirm? The sizes appear to be different.

Am noobish at this, and just wanted to make certain.
Lots to read, and so many subtle differences.

Offhand, can anyone recommend the best method for rooting an i717r that already has been upgraded to ICS?
Reading up on things, but have some uncertainties...

Edit - this thread was exactly what I needed - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775263&highlight=rogers+root

Last edited:

remyb25

Jul 27, 2012
Surrey
Hey guys I am unable to get the link 3 to work (3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST

the first link claims the server has been down for maintenance but it said the same thing yesterday and the rest of the download links all seem to be expired now =| .....help lol

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
I'll try to put it on another server today

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

Deliximus

Jan 22, 2010
i used opera mobile from another device to download the 3rd file. It first went to a pop up, so i closed that. clicked on it again, it went to a separate download page. I clicked download there and it worked.

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
I hope this isn't too unrelated, but I (stupidly) flashed this full rogers suite to my AT&T model i717. It no longer recognizes any of the sdcard storage (internal or external).

I was wondering if anyone has the AT&T pit file so I can hopefully restore my phone back to normal?

Wannago

Sep 8, 2012
Works as Advertsied!

Just to pile on...

I have a Bell Note that I unlocked and am using on Rogers. I have been running various JB Roms, but can't seem to get LTE connecdtivity here in Calgary. I have called Rogers several times, and they assured me my account etc. is all properly configured for LTE.

I decided to try this and full convert my Note to Rogers, to see how if the LTE issue would work with a "stock" Rogers Note.

The process/files worked perfectly and my Note looks just like a Rogers Note fresh out of the box.

I live just outside of their LTE coverage area, so I can't speak to my LTE issue (that is a separate matter), but I can confirm this does work as advertised. I've set it all up to my liking and made a Nandroid backup, so I can now toggle back and forth between various ROMs as well as back to stock Rogers.

Many thanks to the OP!

gooksoo

Dec 3, 2010
Hi, Thanks for this thread. I'm a Noob but trying to learn. I just have a one question. I have an AT&T I717 but I am with Rogers in Canada. If I follow these steps, would this allow me to receive ICS OTA from Rogers?

The reason I'm asking (I saw someone mention that yes this would work) is because I've already used another Rogers firmware (Stock and working) but when I check for software updates, it doesn't find any updates. I realize I haven't used these steps to go to Rogers stock, but mine seems to work in everyway with no errors. I just want to move from GB to ICS.

Thanks.

Wannago

Sep 8, 2012
Hi, Thanks for this thread. I'm a Noob but trying to learn. I just have a one question. I have an AT&T I717 but I am with Rogers in Canada. If I follow these steps, would this allow me to receive ICS OTA from Rogers?

The reason I'm asking (I saw someone mention that yes this would work) is because I've already used another Rogers firmware (Stock and working) but when I check for software updates, it doesn't find any updates. I realize I haven't used these steps to go to Rogers stock, but mine seems to work in everyway with no errors. I just want to move from GB to ICS.

Thanks.

It did with me. This gave me stock GB, and immediately after I got the OTA update to ICS.

mich083

Apr 27, 2012
Toronto
www.laimayer.ca
Getting pretty tired of individuals posting links on XDA-DEVELOPER that lead to you to download sites that are full of bloatware, ads and misleading download links. Get professional people and post your downloads to quality download sites / Clouds. You are wasting a lot of people's time with your false download links.

djkid

Nov 14, 2007
Well sorry if this is of no help to you. I can only use resources available to me. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I717r using Tapatalk 2

Sage Pourpre

Oct 20, 2012
Thanks !!
A lot !!!

I was stuck with GB and couldn't update my phone since it was not stock anymore.
Finally I can download my ICS update !

gurvir19

Oct 8, 2006
I have downloaded the files a couple times now and keep getting the following using odin 1.85

<OSM> ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> PHONE FILEI717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Wannago

Sep 8, 2012
I'm no expert, but my guess is that the download is corrupt. Delete if from your computer and try it again, maybe using a downloader like J Downloader to get it?

I just flashed a new JB ROM and got a similar message the first time. I did a fresh new download and the next flash worked perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

y2k-inc

Feb 20, 2011
Anyone got problem flashing this ROM into a AT&T i717 note? i always got error about the "SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT" file (showed in the Phone Download mode screen) with Odin 1.85 & 1.87
It flash OK with Odin 3.07, but the modem and bootloader still show i717 model not i717R.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have read through various threads and couldnt find it but i know someone who was able to get me the original official Rogers i717r Firmware for people who want to revert Back to Stock, Unrooted, Like brand new.

PHONE: I717RUXLA2
    PHONE:I717RUXLA2
    CSC: I717RRWCLA2
    Build info jan 6 2012

This firmware is to be Used with ODIN only. This is test by me personally running Rogers i717r Samsung NOTE

1, RWC_signed_Q1_USA_1221.pit (3.89 KB) PIT FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/GUEL1DIAMF

2. ABOOT_SGH-I717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.md5 (1.54 MB) BOOTLOADER FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/XSP4X7SU5O

3. PLATFORM_KERNEL_AMSS_SGH i717R_I717RUXLA2_user_CL875155_REV00.tar.zip (536 MB) PDA FILE UNZIP IT FIRST New Link http://www.multiupload.nl/U72CE005WL

4. I717RUXLA2_phone_secure_Q1_ROGERS_REV_00_CL870799.tar.md5 (26.09 MB) PHONE FILE
    http://www.multiupload.nl/0KV4DII0X1

5. SGH-I717R-CSC-RWCLA2.tar.md5 (9.19 MB) CSC FILE http://www.multiupload.nl/3EZMLXNY08

All the above files are in order. Just plug them in ODIN and put your phone in download mode by holding Volume down and power button. Get the Green Guy and your are set. press start.

Enjoy.
    Say Thanks if you like it. and If anyone need Samsung firmware i can help. PM me.
    No I don't have a link. It is just something you learn to do. Most that install custom ROMs do so to get away from these branded apps like Rogers Live. All build.prop files are different. Some give you different IDs and some define how and what your phone will do in certain situations.

What Rogers Live looks for I am uncertain. Possibly others will know better. And if you are not careful what you change in this file your phone may not boot or run without errors. The build.prop can be found on a rooted phone in the system folder. I use root explorer to edit mine but you may find build.prop editors on google play to do this for you. Below is part of the gingerbread build.prop from this thread. You will see all the instances of I717R in red.

ro.build.host=SEP-65
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.device=SGH-I717R
    ro.product.board=MSM8660_SURF
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.changelist=875155
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=CA
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=msm8660
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=SGH-I717R
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=SGH-I717R-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD 248 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I717R/SGH-I717R:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/248:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I717RUXLA2
    ro.build.changelist=875155
    ro.tether.denied=false
    ro.flash.resolution=1080
    # end build properties

Try changing your build.prop to show these instances as I717R instead of I717 and change region to CA and see how Rogers Live functions now. It may or may not work for you. Make sure you do some investigating on changing your build.prop first.
    Thanks! keeping these bookmarked for future reference
    Hi,

I have an ICS ROM, Can I downgrade to GB?

Also, How can I root the device after installing the stock rogers ROM? without flash the counter(if it possible) :)

Thank you very much.

i believe you can downgrade using the the rom givin and flash a different kernal that wont increase counter. quick search "flash counter reset roger" in this forum. and root wise there are alot of them. i personally havent found anything that i found stable on my phone. so i am staying away from it. until i do more research. sorry cant be help there.
    How can I get i717r firmware after flashing a custom ROM to get Rogers Live on my device. It says "device not compatible", and I see i717 instead of rogers model i717R