HTC DLX Spec and Speculation Thread

Search This thread

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
Plus my friend on the inside says he's heard of of two dates for release Oct 25 & Nov 15 cause they wanna try to get it out first before the other phones coming out to get sales up and get the most attention on it since it's gonna be Droid branded.

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Rezound

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
I still think it's gonna have an SD card slot cause in the pics you don't see the place were the SIM card goes or the charge port but if you look close at the this picture you see at the bottom a little thing popping out which could be a SD or SIM card slot cover like the Razr has or like some phones have port covers. So it still might. I think people are saying it won't based on the pictures not showing one.
htc-dlx3.jpeg

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Rezound

If it does end up having an sd slot them I'm all in. I got too much on my sd card.

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
I really need micro SD, I can't fathom how pones get launched without user removable storage, when it is so key. Non-removable battery is odd, I've never used a device with one, won't start now. 5 inches? 4.3 is almost too big when I'm using my Rezound with one hand.

Okay, the only thing this phone has going for it are the CPU and GPU. I'm not impressed by the Adreno 225 in the SGS3, it only outperforms our 220 by around 5 fps in my testing. But the 320 is supposed to be like having 4 225's. Have you guys seen a video for GLBenchmark 3.0? The 320 will be required for that type of quality at high resolutions. GLBenchmark 3.0 and phones like this will be out around the same time this fall.

On a related note, sucks to bee OUYA right about now, stuck using a Tegra 3. Sure it was a smart move since that chip is cheapo now, but it will be outdated by a huge margin when it launches.

Reactions: wlmeng11

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
One benefit a non removable battery has is that it usually feels better built. I can't speak for all phones, but my Rezound was a little squeeky with the stock door and is really creeky with the extended door.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
The real reason that OEMs are using non removable batteries is because you can make a battery much bigger in the same space as a removable one.

If the Rezound had a non-removable battery, they could make it have a 3200 mAh battery in the same space as the 1600 it actually has

Reactions: famouscollin

tehknics

Sep 17, 2010
True, and in that case I see no reason to not go with a non removable battery other than being able to pop your battery out if your phone locks up.

tehknics

Sep 17, 2010
All non removable ones do. Razr phones do power and volume down for like ten seconds. My HTC evo view tab is the same thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info. I figured there was a way, I just haven't messed with any.

quepaso

Jul 10, 2010
I was going to get this till news of no MicroSD + Non removable battery showed up. HTC isnt apple, they cant get away with crap like that.

I carry a spare battery with my rezound every single day and i have a 64 gig microsd i use, would never give up either features no matter what the phone.

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
I was going to get this till news of no MicroSD + Non removable battery showed up. HTC isnt apple, they cant get away with crap like that.

I carry a spare battery with my rezound every single day and i have a 64 gig microsd i use, would never give up either features no matter what the phone.

Thing is, 90% of the population could care less about removable batteries and microsd cards

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
Thing is, 90% of the population could care less about removable batteries and microsd cards

and we really don't know whats going on yet. most likely will have a non removable battery, but if they're getting as good batterywise as like the S3 with a built in battery, then i don't care.

SD card, however, i would enjoy. 16 isnt enough for me, as i put ALL my pics on it and music

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
and we really don't know whats going on yet. most likely will have a non removable battery, but if they're getting as good batterywise as like the S3 with a built in battery, then i don't care.

SD card, however, i would enjoy. 16 isnt enough for me, as i put ALL my pics on it and music

If it doesn't have an SD slot, it should always have at least 32GB

Tag798

Feb 9, 2011
Dayton
Lets just remember the inc4g that was also rummored to have a non removable battery and no SD card slot...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Squirrel1620

Oct 13, 2011
If it has good battery life, I wouldn't care about removable battery.

Sd card, on the other hand.....

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Yep sd card is a killer for me, after movies and music even my 1TB hard drive on my 1week old computer is almost full :/

Sent from my Rezound using xda app-developers app

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
Damn, reading this sucks since I'm only 5-6 months into my contract. Anyone ever gotten an extra early upgrade out of Verizon to upgrade phones? I'm sure I'm **** outta luck on this phone :banghead:

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts