[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

Search This thread

tapiov

Jul 27, 2013
Espoo
tapiovalli.wordpress.com
The apparent IMEI loss due to different recovery is strange. I think that there's nothing wrong with the baseband or efs, just that the wrong recovery fails to flash the system correctly and then the faulty system is unable to read those data.

This has been shown to be the case when these S4 IMEI losses have been solved through using a different recovery.

androidjack5

May 2, 2009
Brooklyn
Hi Im new here I Flash Gt-I9505 GE V2.1 on my T-mobile S4 M919, and i check the HD Voice and its Disable. and i read only Work with the modem ME2, Its Safe Flashing DXUAME2 on my M919 to Activate HD VOICE ? Please thanks

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
hello! i bricked my phone!
first time for everything right?

ive flashed modems tons of times before on sgs2 and also this one, so i decided to upgrade modem and non-hlos bin to latest . MH1.
flashed non-hlos.bin as modem, and modem.bin as modem #2 in Mobile Odin.
phone rebooted into download mode. i then restarted phone. maybe too soon?

anyway now it wont go past the sgs4 bootlogo.

i tried using real odin to flash it again, but it still wont go past the bootlogo.

okey, so i flashed back the MGA modem and nonhlos.bin, STILL wont go past bootlogo.

tried flashing as PDA, same thing.

so yeah, its bricked allright. any tips on how to unbrick? i really dont want to flash the full FW again..

bobdoblo

Apr 26, 2012
hello! i bricked my phone!
first time for everything right?

ive flashed modems tons of times before on sgs2 and also this one, so i decided to upgrade modem and non-hlos bin to latest . MH1.
flashed non-hlos.bin as modem, and modem.bin as modem #2 in Mobile Odin.
phone rebooted into download mode. i then restarted phone. maybe too soon?

anyway now it wont go past the sgs4 bootlogo.

i tried using real odin to flash it again, but it still wont go past the bootlogo.

okey, so i flashed back the MGA modem and nonhlos.bin, STILL wont go past bootlogo.

tried flashing as PDA, same thing.

so yeah, its bricked allright. any tips on how to unbrick? i really dont want to flash the full FW again..

That happened to me, coming from S2 to S4 has certainly been an eye opener:eek::D

Unfortunately mate, flashing full stock FW was the only way i got out of it.

Wait till you lose your imei number too, another S4 trait:(

NeatROM S2 Mods + Battery Guide

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
That happened to me, coming from S2 to S4 has certainly been an eye opener:eek::D

Unfortunately mate, flashing full stock FW was the only way i got out of it.

Wait till you lose your imei number too, another S4 trait:(

damn. the internal sdcard will it be wiped too, when installing the FW? that really sucks if so. not that i have any super important stuff, but some app data i would have liked to keep :/

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

damn tried to flash stock recovery, stock kernel, nothing helps..
what the hell happened?

just flashed a freaking modem, how can that do this to the phone?
i understand if flashing incompatible stuff, or doing some wierd settings in odin, but just normal modem.... brick...
never thought it was even possible.

at least flashing it again should solve it..

could i try flash something else? to clear it up? seems like its just stuck and feels like a complete FW reinstall is way overkill :/

Last edited:

bobdoblo

Apr 26, 2012
damn. the internal sdcard will it be wiped too, when installing the FW? that really sucks if so. not that i have any super important stuff, but some app data i would have liked to keep :/

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

what the hell happened?

i understand if flashing incompatible stuff, or doing some wierd settings in odin, but just normal modem.... brick...

could i try flash something else? to clear it up? seems like its just stuck and feels like a complete FW reinstall is way overkill :/

Exactly how i was mate, it really did my head in.
I've flashed hundreds of modems on S2 and first one on S4 breaks the phone.
Just bite the bullet, wipe it and flash FW.
At least then you know you have a clean system.

Have you tried flashing original modem?

Try flashing XXUBMG9 modem first before you do FW.

Last edited:

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
Exactly how i was mate, it really did my head in.
I've flashed hundreds of modems on S2 and first one on S4 breaks the phone.
Just bite the bullet, wipe it and flash FW.
At least then you know you have a clean system.

Have you tried flashing original modem?

Try flashing XXUBMG9 modem first before you do FW.

isnt the xxubmg9 for i9500 only? should i still try and flash it?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

btw, is there a way to access my files from the computer, while phone is in download mode?

cdzo72

what the hell happened?

Won't touch inner SD unless you choose to repartition. And flashing full ROM doesn't even wipe data, so what's the big fear if doing it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
Won't touch inner SD unless you choose to repartition. And flashing full ROM doesn't even wipe data, so what's the big fear if doing it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

okay. wasnt sure if reinstall FW through odin factory resets the entire phone. (including all data/internal sd card) hence, it is why I asked.
Thats very comforting. Will go ahead and do the flash :):highfive:

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Not sure, but if you can get to CWM recovery, could you use Mount USB storage to get access from PC?

Never tried this though

I WISH i could get into recovery :p
But I cannot. hehe.

tapiov

Jul 27, 2013
Espoo
tapiovalli.wordpress.com
I WISH i could get into recovery :p
But I cannot. hehe.

Use the Download mode to re-flash the recovery then try again? Other, you might have to do full FW, which sucks ofc.

NON-HLOS.bin is connected to your other partitions, using digital signatures, I believe. I would refrain from flashing it, without clear understanding and matching parts from full FW.

Reactions: bobdoblo

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
Use the Download mode to re-flash the recovery then try again? Other, you might have to do full FW, which sucks ofc.

NON-HLOS.bin is connected to your other partitions, using digital signatures, I believe. I would refrain from flashing it, without clear understanding and matching parts from full FW.

Ive tried flashing EVERYTHING except the full FW. nothing helped.
but I am downloading the full FW now (takes FOREVER from speedshare, damn you sam-mobile!!) and will flash it after

yep i will stay away from unmatching non-hlos.bins from now on (i.e flashing MH1 non-hlos.bin onto MGA. That was obviously a no-no):laugh:

aliendna999

Jul 31, 2013
well

i reinstalled the FW and all is well, all data and apps seem to be all working :D

thats kinda awesome that everything remains and working after a FW reinstall.

:good::good:

Reactions: bobdoblo

Vivigens

Apr 26, 2013
Kassel
I9505_XXUDMGG has been added..

enjoy

I`ve flashed the XXUDMGG and got a Bootloop! The first time with FW-Trubble.... :(

Can`t warn anybody, cause i`m not a Developer..... Such a F****

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I will use the stock MGG to get out from.... Hope that works!
After that, I will flash back to the latest working Pre-Rootet FW!

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
I`ve flashed the XXUDMGG and got a Bootloop! The first time with FW-Trubble.... :(

Can`t warn anybody, cause i`m not a Developer..... Such a F****

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I will use the stock MGG to get out from.... Hope that works!
After that, I will flash back to the latest working Pre-Rootet FW!

Its a piece of sh@#$ fw from samsung which decided to up their security bullcrap in an attempt to become more fruity.... IDIOTS!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts