Noob trying to flash Kitkat on T-mo S2

Search This thread

grifter024

Dec 23, 2008
Hey guys. Coming from Win-mo where everything is just straight forward so this stuff is pretty new. I am trying to find a Kitkat rom for my T-mo S2. I can't seem to find any threads specifically talking about branded phones.

Can anyone help me out here? Info

The phone isn't rooted and on stock jellybean 4.1.2.

If you can direct me to some step by step threads or even better actually telling me what to do step by step it'd be appreciated. Thank you.

grifter024

Dec 23, 2008
Yeah I realized that after I posted, I just couldn't figure out what the differences were. Thank you for the help.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Hey guys. Coming from Win-mo where everything is just straight forward so this stuff is pretty new. I am trying to find a Kitkat rom for my T-mo S2. I can't seem to find any threads specifically talking about branded phones.

Can anyone help me out here? Info

The phone isn't rooted and on stock jellybean 4.1.2.

If you can direct me to some step by step threads or even better actually telling me what to do step by step it'd be appreciated. Thank you.

Cyanogenmod 11 runs Kit Kat. You can download it from the official page. As for the actual flashing, you need to have root and the latest Clockworkmod installed, as I have read about some issues if you try to flash it with other custom recoveries or older versions of it.

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
You don't need to root. Just flash the recovery and flash the rom. The rom itself is rooted. If you want to root your stock rom flash the su zip in recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app