RUU 155 error

Search This thread

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
I messed up when going to sense 6 and am trying to ruu back and apply the updates. Well I did RUU earlier today and it worked fine. Now I can't for some reason. Running rooted stock from Android Development forum and adb and fastboot both work fine. I get error 155. Tried relocking the bootloader, rebooting both phone and pc. Don't know what else to do. Sprint btw. Using the exe file. Worked fine hours ago.

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
I messed up when going to sense 6 and am trying to ruu back and apply the updates. Well I did RUU earlier today and it worked fine. Now I can't for some reason. Running rooted stock from Android Development forum and adb and fastboot both work fine. I get error 155. Tried relocking the bootloader, rebooting both phone and pc. Don't know what else to do. Sprint btw. Using the exe file. Worked fine hours ago.

I've tried the zip as well and errors out as well...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\platform-
target reported max download size of 1542111
sending 'zip' (1271680 KB)...
OKAY [ 49.560s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) rom parsing start ...
(bootloader) rom parsing finish ...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) Read zipped android_info fail
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 56.335s

I am at a loss. The stock rom I downloaded won't let me update to 4.4.2 or sense 6. I have both updates downloaded I just need to get back to stock so I can take the updates or a rom that will allow me to. The stock roms available are missing files that are needed for the update.

BTW: Hboot 2.49.0000 Perhaps I have to downgrade Hboot or something really could use some help here. Pretty much stuck on this for 24 hours.

Last edited:

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Sorry I keep bumping but I am at a loss and may have to return. I can find way to take OTA. RUU fails after it says erasing user data and gets to about 2% and then says sending till it fails. I've done just about everything I can think of really could use some outside ideas here...

EDIT: At worst could someone upload a stock nandroid with all the apps so I can take the OTA?

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sorry I keep bumping but I am at a loss and may have to return. I can find way to take OTA. RUU fails after it says erasing user data and gets to about 2% and then says sending till it fails. I've done just about everything I can think of really could use some outside ideas here...

EDIT: At worst could someone upload a stock nandroid with all the apps so I can take the OTA?

Are you s-off?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Yes sir.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

Did you try putting that ruu.zip on a fat32 formatted sd card and letting the phone attempt to ruu from boot?

Md5 of the zip matches ?

Can you post a copy of the output of
Fastboot getvar all

Edit out your serial and imei....

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Did you try putting that ruu.zip on a fat32 formatted sd card and letting the phone attempt to ruu from boot?

Md5 of the zip matches ?

Can you post a copy of the output of
Fastboot getvar all

Edit out your serial and imei....

No ex SD card laying about. Flyhalf just sent me a ROM to try and help me out. I'm gonna download it and give it a shot. Either way thanks for calming me a bit. I rarely get into these situations lol

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
No ex SD card laying about. Flyhalf just sent me a ROM to try and help me out. I'm gonna download it and give it a shot. Either way thanks for calming me a bit. I rarely get into these situations lol

Yeah I told him you were stuck. Let us know how you make out. One way or another I'm sure you can get er back as long as you remain s off.

Reactions: cstrife999

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Yeah I told him you were stuck. Let us know how you make out. One way or another I'm sure you can get er back as long as you remain s off.

Yea I took a walk to get some LTE its literally a block away lol almost done with the download I'll reflash twrp and get right back at your. Thanks so much man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.