[Q] How do you get rid if "SD card is inserted" notification?

Search This thread

OKAstro

Mar 5, 2011
Edmond, OK
On GT-5210 after KITKAT update and root, all is working great, except for a recurring Notification. Every time I reboot I get a notice that "An SD Card has been inserted". I have to clear it each time. My SD card has been "inserted" since the day I got the Tab 3...and never removed.

I have no problems writing to and from it. Almost seems that upon reboot, it gets unmounted and then remounted, thus generating the notification.

Does anyone else have this too, and is there anyway to fix it? Googling turns up a number of other users with different devices asking the same question...but no solution yet. They say it started with KITKAT too

:confused::confused:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
On GT-5210 after KITKAT update and root, all is working great, except for a recurring Notification. Every time I reboot I get a notice that "An SD Card has been inserted". I have to clear it each time. My SD card has been "inserted" since the day I got the Tab 3...and never removed.

I have no problems writing to and from it. Almost seems that upon reboot, it gets unmounted and then remounted, thus generating the notification.

Does anyone else have this too, and is there anyway to fix it? Googling turns up a number of other users with different devices asking the same question...but no solution yet. They say it started with KITKAT too

:confused::confused:

It is a new "feature" of Samsung's KitKat roms. The only way to disable it is decompile SystemUI to modify the smali code. Not something a normal user would be able to do.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Can you tell me what you did in Notify clean exactly? I highlighted "preparing sd card" & "sd card unexpectedly removed" red under System UI, but still get the annoying popup every time I wake up the tab s. :(
You shouldn't be getting a 'sd card unexpectedly removed' notification anyway.
The only notification I have disabled is 'An sd card has been inserted' notification

Screenshot_2015-02-28-19-55-27.png

p0k3y

Mar 25, 2011
You shouldn't be getting a 'sd card unexpectedly removed' notification anyway.
The only notification I have disabled is 'An sd card has been inserted' notification

View attachment 3188051
Thanks, that would be too intuitive, wouldn't it? :) Except that I don't see that item listed under System UI group. All I see is "preparing sd card" & "sd card unexpectedly removed". I am going to try "all notifications" under system UI to see if that helps.

p0k3y

Mar 25, 2011
I am actually getting a popup message, not a notification. That's probably why NotifyClean doesn't work for me. Annoying because it comes up when the tab s comes back from sleep too. Does anyone get the same and know how to kill it?