New!! WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 "23017 R2" SYS/XIP ROM ~ Updated: 8/6/2009

Search This thread

jpcookfl

Jan 22, 2010
sms

i'm using the 6.5.3 build and the sms locks up ever time i try to send it. Does anyone have a fix

rhodes_treo

Feb 4, 2010
task manager

Yah mine too, , the Ok button does not open the task manager using taco's 6.1 even though its being assigned under Settings>Buttons

Any Suggestions?..

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
If I remember correctly there are 2 differently located Task Managers present in Taco's ROM, it might have fallen into the same bug the 2nd Office Mobile folder clone has, and that the one listed in Button Mapping is not pointing to the right location. How I mapped it was using AEbutton plus and map to an application (in this case, Task manager).

libal

Feb 24, 2008
Hey guys, just wanted to say sorry for the lapse in my timing for posting the link for tacoman's 6.1 for the treo 750. So guys here it is http://www.sendspace.com/file/xijmkk

thanks
i tried it and i have a question :
how do you setup the mms conection ?
as i remember there is an option in messaging - menu - options - advance to setup the mms , but i can not find the option advance in this rom ... maybe there is an other option to do it ...

jhnstn00

Oct 5, 2008
South Texas
thanks
i tried it and i have a question :
how do you setup the mms conection ?
as i remember there is an option in messaging - menu - options - advance to setup the mms , but i can not find the option advance in this rom ... maybe there is an other option to do it ...

I didnt recall needing to set up mms settings like in nav's rom. I just flashed 6.1 and mms works out of the box. Sent myself a picture then a voice recording. Both worked. Media player just needs a skin. above post has my solution.

bmwtreo750

Mar 3, 2009
Detroit
how to get to mms,in taco's rom

first,open up your messaging. Then click the menu softkey on bottom right of screen. scroll down to where "options" is then select. At the bottom of the screen, where the tabs are located, and select advanced tab. It should be called network configuration. Select the manual option, then click edit. That should take you to the " Edit network configuration" screen, then all you have to do is plug in the settings from your service provider. Happy messaging people.:)

libal

Feb 24, 2008
thanks to you both. i will try...

edit :
well i know the way , but i can not find advance option ...

edit again :
i solved the problem by installing the messaging software again and now i can see the advance option .

Last edited:

fernandoguama

Oct 3, 2009
You can find the WM 6.5 in the thread 714.
i'm using the full version and i have a problem with the ringtone. When i get incoming call the phone wont ring. I now that is the same problem of other people... Can some one help me? Thanks

fernandoguama

Oct 3, 2009
a Bug...

If i install the full version the ring will not work. Like i've told, you can't change the ringtone and hear any sound. But, if i install the base version this problem will not exist. I realy would like to use the full version with this problem solved... :(

I hope someone can fix it...

libal

Feb 24, 2008
If i install the full version the ring will not work. Like i've told, you can't change the ringtone and hear any sound. But, if i install the base version this problem will not exist. I realy would like to use the full version with this problem solved... :(

I hope someone can fix it...

as i remember, you need to choose another ring option - for example unknowing call , and choose the rington, and then return to the regular ring, and then you can choose the rington...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Connect your device to a USB port.
    -Run RUUWrapper.exe
    -Follow what the program says.
    -Select an "Update" button when you see it, then "Next".
    -Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
    -Load "cheeimg.nbh" onto the card after formatting.
    -On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

BUT IT NEVER REQUIRES THE RED BUTTON... THE I'VE PRESSED ANYWAY... BUT NOTHING

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
    Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.
    All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.