Android 3.0.X Launcher / Welcome

Search This thread

DVD2955

Mar 21, 2011
First let me say "Hello", I have been using another Android 2.0 tablet/e-reader device for 18months but kept having WiFi issues so when Dell offered the Streak-7 w/Android 3.0.X installed at close out {and rumors of a user created 4.X being tested} I purchased one and have been learning about its quarks...

The main question I have right now is.. can I add launching windows from the current stock number (5?) to something else (7) with out having to load a different "Home" launcher? (Had been using ''LauncherPro'' on my other device.) or can I add "Folders" which would open up as a launching window?

I have not rooted or other wise changed the basic factory shipped version other than getting most of my apps moved over.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The stock android launchers are very inflexable, pretty much the only thing that's adjustable at all are the size of widgets in 3.2+. Anything else is pretty much what it looks like and not changable.

If it's important enough you're gonna need to use a different launcher like launcherpro previously mentioned.

Reactions: DVD2955

DVD2955

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks

The stock android launchers are very inflexable, pretty much the only thing that's adjustable at all are the size of widgets in 3.2+. Anything else is pretty much what it looks like and not changable.

If it's important enough you're gonna need to use a different launcher like launcherpro previously mentioned.

Thanks for the fast reply! I really like the blue glow of the current launcher, and have always disliked the idea of paying of skins, but may just have to go that route.

:David

cdzo72

First let me say "Hello", I have been using another Android 2.0 tablet/e-reader device for 18months but kept having WiFi issues so when Dell offered the Streak-7 w/Android 3.0.X installed at close out {and rumors of a user created 4.X being tested} I purchased one and have been learning about its quarks...

The main question I have right now is.. can I add launching windows from the current stock number (5?) to something else (7) with out having to load a different "Home" launcher? (Had been using ''LauncherPro'' on my other device.) or can I add "Folders" which would open up as a launching window?

I have not rooted or other wise changed the basic factory shipped version other than getting most of my apps moved over.

In the beginning there weren't any launchers compatible with tablets, but now I think all the best ones are... My personal favorites are ADW EX and GO Launcher, so if you hate to pay, then I would go the Go Launcher route, it's what I run on my Streak 5 since I got it and they are constantly making it better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.