Headphone port not working

Search This thread

iArvee

Apr 23, 2014
Manila
So I used the phone in the pool earlier. (Pics and vids were great!) allowed it to fully dry before using the headphone port. It just doesn't work anymore. Could my headphone port be broken? Or should I put it in rice?

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
So I used the phone in the pool earlier. (Pics and vids were great!) allowed it to fully dry before using the headphone port. It just doesn't work anymore. Could my headphone port be broken? Or should I put it in rice?

let it sit in a container of rice over night switch the mobile, open flaps, and remove sd,sim and let the flaps open

Strangeland16

Apr 24, 2014
get a piece of kitchen roll coil it up so it fits in the jack and dry it off also use some compressed air if you have it. I had the same problem and this fixes it every time

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
Does it can't work after you put it into pool?
It is possible it happens due to software problem.

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
I know this sounds strange, but run it under more water. I'm currently on holiday and been using it in water loads, almost every time I get in the pool, my headphones stop working. I thought maybe it would be crap in the pool water or something so switched it off, ran clean tap water directly into the port, blew the excess out and voila! Worked again. Not sure why but it's happened 3 times now and it's been spot on after a CLEAN water rinse and quick dry.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app