CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Search This thread

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Get the betterbatterystats app from xda forums, search for it online. It'll tell you what apps keep the phone in "partial wake locks." I have no problem with the equalizer app.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

Ehmm is this correct? Never used this app before so correct me if I'm wrong. N please explain to me what I'm seeing here.

41c4340a-713a-b8c1.jpg

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
Ehmm is this correct? Never used this app before so correct me if I'm wrong. N please explain to me what I'm seeing here.

It's showing that your Equalizer app is keeping the phone in a "wake lock" which means that it doesn't allow the phone to sleep, which is necessary to not drain the battery while the screen is off.

Either uninstall the Equalizer app, or see if changing a setting in the app fixes it -- because clearly it shouldn't be doing that.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It's showing that your Equalizer app is keeping the phone in a "wake lock" which means that it doesn't allow the phone to sleep, which is necessary to not drain the battery while the screen is off.

Either uninstall the Equalizer app, or see if changing a setting in the app fixes it -- because clearly it shouldn't be doing that.

Yup u got it drumist. The app apparently has a wake lock option in the settings to avoid stuttering. I just disabled it. Lets see how the battery is now. Thx guys :) rly appreciate all the help n advices.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
That's a lot of screen on time though.

Yeah it is. I constantly look at the phone when I get text messages or looking at what song is playing on Pandora.

Btw guys, I just updated to the latest nightly last night, and for some reason, I can't make or receive phone calls. Every time I dial or answer a call, no sound can be heard both ways, they can't hear me n I can't hear them. the screen where you can choose the number pad, the speaker n mute etc, also goes through a severe lag and when I select speaker, the mute button goes on too and I can't hear through the speakers. If I press the mute button to turn it off, the speaker button also goes off. I'm not sure what's going on, I've cleared dalvik n cache and it's still the same.

cakemanofdoom

Mar 31, 2012
I've had the same issue, sounds just doesn't seem to work. Music doesn't work using any app, videos play without sound, etc. The best I've gotten is a a few seconds of playback here and there. I flashed a random nightly from a few days ago (7/26 I think) and that solved the issue, though.

On a side note, has anyone else tried the TouchWiz launcher? I find it way smoother than anything else I've tried, even though it has no customization.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I've had the same issue, sounds just doesn't seem to work. Music doesn't work using any app, videos play without sound, etc. The best I've gotten is a a few seconds of playback here and there. I flashed a random nightly from a few days ago (7/26 I think) and that solved the issue, though.

On a side note, has anyone else tried the TouchWiz launcher? I find it way smoother than anything else I've tried, even though it has no customization.

Oh thank god, I thought it was just my phone. I'm doing the exact same thing, gonna flash the 07/27 one and see if that will fix the bugs for now.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I'm downloading something (in this case a nightly) on the phone, n I turn the screen off, the download pauses. Only if I wake the phone will the download resume. In that case, I have to keep the phone awake just yo finish downloading. Weird.

Note: tried 07/27, still borked, any app involving sound will freeze after a few seconds with no sound. Trying 07/26. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Note 2: yup cakemanofdoom is correct, 07/26 will fix the issues of the latest nightlies. Thx man, u saved my day from disaster lol.

Last edited:

hereric

Oct 27, 2010
Oh thank god, I thought it was just my phone. I'm doing the exact same thing, gonna flash the 07/27 one and see if that will fix the bugs for now.

Another thing I've noticed is that when I'm downloading something (in this case a nightly) on the phone, n I turn the screen off, the download pauses. Only if I wake the phone will the download resume. In that case, I have to keep the phone awake just yo finish downloading. Weird.

Note: tried 07/27, still borked, any app involving sound will freeze after a few seconds with no sound. Trying 07/26. Hopefully that will take care of it.

It seems the number of commits for CM9 has gone down DRASTICALLY since the release of JB source. I'm loving the CM10 preview, and it seems the most recent nightlies do nothing but mess things up.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It seems the number of commits for CM9 has gone down DRASTICALLY since the release of JB source. I'm loving the CM10 preview, and it seems the most recent nightlies do nothing but mess things up.

I will try cm10 preview tonight or maybe later in the day. I didn't even notice it was out until this morning. Like I've said before, I've been stuck on this thread ever since it was released lol. I rly should venture back into the other threads :rolleyes:

Anywho, just a quick question, to install cm10, do I need to wipe data, or just install it like I do nightlies?

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
I will try cm10 preview tonight or maybe later in the day. I didn't even notice it was out until this morning. Like I've said before, I've been stuck on this thread ever since it was released lol. I rly should venture back into the other threads :rolleyes:

Anywho, just a quick question, to install cm10, do I need to wipe data, or just install it like I do nightlies?

Wipe everything.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

rsalan

Jan 11, 2012
Boston
Anyone know why my touch and screen unlock sounds don't work? My volumes are all up, they're checked off in settings, and I tried a fresh wipe/reflash.

lionman229

Jan 1, 2012
Does anyone know the solution/the way to tell RC the bug where the screen stays on while charging? It is very dim and you can only tell in the dark. In the thread about it (in General) and many users are reporting the same problem so I dont think it is user error

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
It almost seemed that everyone has abandoned this thread in a blink of the eye lol. No love here anymore :D

Jack Wolfe

May 23, 2012
Still plenty of love for CM9 from me. This is my only smartphone, and I'm loathe to jump on the CM10 early alpha releases because I need my phone to be functioning and largely reliable. I'm still on the 7/26 nightly since I haven't seen a commit in the changelog that addresses the audio problems. I'd submit a bug report myself, but that would mean having a crippled phone for a longer period than I can afford right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we have our first CM9 nightly for the Nitro.

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=p930
    If anybody is curious what Ricardo appears to be excited about, this is ION and what it brings to the table :D
    If you are using windows 7 and you get MTP USB Device failed driver installation, go to device manager, portable devices, MTP USB device (double click on it), Driver, update driver, browser my computer for driver software, let me pick, click usb mass storage device. Should install and work instantly, and then activate usb mass storage on the phone.
    Same thing works for USB tethering, except pick the other driver.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

My Flash is fine and I did install from the Google Play store. There is something odd I noticed about these nightlies so far. It seems like every time I open Google Play I drop my network connection. If I stay in the store and wait for it to come back I can successfully install apps. It doesn't seem to happen every time when I'm on Wifi.

I would say try to install it from a Wifi connection first. If it doesn't maybe you can install a version from a Titanium Backup then update it.

The dropped data connection in market happens to me too.
    Anyone else having this issue? I seem to have no lighted buttons :( I hated that they turned off before on 2.3 but now I have nothing...
    I had the same problem. Go to Settings->Display->Brightness and enable Automatic brightness and that should fix it.
    um how do i use usb storage on cm9?
    Go to Settings-> Storage->USB computer connection and enable MTP