[NOW PUBLIC] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee for Bell, Rogers and Telus

Search This thread

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
Thanks, I figured it was a partitioning change or something similar. If there's anything I can do to help let me know, and thanks for your continued efforts to get us running a proper ROM on this hardware.

For anyone else who semi-bricks their phone this way, this is the way to recover: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010624 NOTE: you'll need to download the correct firmware for your IMEI from LG (later in that thread).

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Mine was a black (not sure if they sell any other colour) Bell Optimus G bought last night from a Best Buy Mobile. It's had no OTAs that I'm aware of, the first thing I did with it was root and try to unlock. EDIT Just figured I'd mention SW Info lists it as build IMM76L and SW ver E97310f on kernel 3.0.21 but apart from that (and even if that's different) I doubt there's much of a way to tell them apart before buying.

Interesting. My telus E973 is E97310e, and I wonder if the initial batch of bell phones were the same. Might indicate a slight version bump as part of that misc partition modification.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Mangala_Dharma

May 24, 2011
Montreal
hey tracky, your telus phone, did you got it unlocked ? I'm planning to buy the Telus optimus G and bring it to koodo, to keep my excellent plan.

Sent from Somewhere using my Dog

slayp00n

Jun 2, 2010
Hi Guys, I cannot get adb to see this phone, I have installed the drivers multiple times, maybe I am installing the wrong driver? Is their a specific one for the 971?

slayp00n

Jun 2, 2010
Yeah I have debugging enabled, I am a nexus guy so using a branded phone is annoying lol, where are the drivers on the phone?

dpvu

Oct 13, 2010
Yeah I have debugging enabled, I am a nexus guy so using a branded phone is annoying lol, where are the drivers on the phone?

The drivers should install if you switch the connection mode on the phone from charge only to the driver mode (or whatever it's called).

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Joyok

Nov 15, 2012
Hey everyone, i have a Rogers E971 and I downloaded the freegee app and unlocked my phone. It unlocked my phone flawlessly. Today I wanted to bring it to the dealership so i wanted to lock it back up and unroot the phone. However, when i press the "restore with backups" button within the app, the app simply crashes every time. Whats going wrong? I checked the phone and the backup files are still in the freegee folder. I'm just wondering, is there a manual way for locking the phone again?

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Hey everyone, i have a Rogers E971 and I downloaded the freegee app and unlocked my phone. It unlocked my phone flawlessly. Today I wanted to bring it to the dealership so i wanted to lock it back up and unroot the phone. However, when i press the "restore with backups" button within the app, the app simply crashes every time. Whats going wrong? I checked the phone and the backup files are still in the freegee folder. I'm just wondering, is there a manual way for locking the phone again?

I'm sorry about the crashes, I'll look into it tonight. In the mean time to manually relock, do in adb shell:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/freegee/aboot-Rogers.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

Note replace the if=/sdcard with the actual backup location and do the same for recovery and boot also. I've got to run but get on irc if you need further help. Also make sure you reinstall any google apks you deleted.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

pro2oman

Sep 13, 2012
this is only a unlock for the boot loader, not sim unlock correct?
is there anything for sim unlock on this phone yet? (I know its a new phone..)

avink

Jan 25, 2012
this is only a unlock for the boot loader, not sim unlock correct?
is there anything for sim unlock on this phone yet? (I know its a new phone..)

probably not the response you are looking for but the unlock code is attainable for ~$1.50 online (ebay).. free is always better though :)

brunes

Dec 9, 2006
CWM Backups do not work????

So when I first unlocked my phone, the very first thing I did was take a CWM backup. Now, I have done a bunch of things to my phone, and want to go back to stock.. so I try restoring the backup I took on day one, and it says "MD5 sum mismatch". What? These have not been touched at all.

Checking in the backup directory, there are *no* .md5 files present. Are they supposed to be there?

Is there any way to work around this problem so I can restore my backup?

Also.. how come the time for the backups always starts at 1970 ?

EDIT: So I worked around the md5 problem by doing this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=714114

Still seems weird to me that this seems broken out of the box.

Last edited:

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
Last edited:

Staz87

Dec 22, 2007
RH
Thanks for this, had a few problems with "Device not found" followed the nexus guide on installing the ADB drivers :)

Last edited:

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
Has anyone had it *not* work? If so let me know

I have the Rogers w971 and I messed up and unlocked it with the ATT freegee 0.5 instead of the rogers version. Phone seems to work fine, I dont notice any problem. I am wondering if I created some partitioning problems that will haunt me later. Please advise.

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
I have the Rogers w971 and I messed up and unlocked it with the ATT freegee 0.5 instead of the rogers version. Phone seems to work fine, I dont notice any problem. I am wondering if I created some partitioning problems that will haunt me later. Please advise.

You are fine. I the only difference is the boot.img, and recovery and in those the only significant difference is the kernel. The kernels work fine on any device but each are tuned to the specific device. Like att includes sd card support which everyone else doesn't. In the end you won't notice a difference.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: brownsmell

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
Shelnutt2, thanks. I feel like I got away with one this time :D

Is it possible for me to use the correct version of freegee 0.5 and "re-unlock" my phone's bootloader again? Maybe the proper kernel would be a gain me a bit more battery (eg. no sd card lookups) or maybe it will save me problems later if I do an over-the-air update- so I get the correct provider software.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts