My HTC 8S Updated today!

Search This thread

cromourso

Oct 11, 2008
Portugal
Hi!!

I just wanna to tell you that my HTC just updated its firmware to 1030.54. 20002 .401 (previously 1030.54. 10,403 .401). It also Updated it's Radio software version to 1.13b.3054.31_10.18.30.54 and the Bootloader Version to 0.0.1030.54 (164172).

I'm from Portugal, and I've an unbranded phone. The update was available just after I Hard-reseted the phone due to the lack of free space. After that, it started to Update. The update is about 420 MB, therefore most probably only possible by deleting numerous files / apps.

For now the only improvement is that the device now runs a little smoother. May it be a pre-Apollo Plus?

P.S.: I have screen captures of the process.

77xel

Nov 19, 2009
craiova
FW revision number: 1030.54.11002.411 - says "my phone is up to date" :(
and it is unbranded (east europe) & more than 1GB free

shame.

You can make free space after you "check for updates". I checked , it say new update was found, but when i tried to download it said it needed extra free space. I made the extra free space (420mb) , and it updated nicely :) the only bothering thing is that it didn't say on its own that an update was available.

bloomkvist

Jun 4, 2012
This update has been long available. I have a HTC 8S three weeks and at the beginning of this update has downloaded.

cromourso

Oct 11, 2008
Portugal
One thing I noticed with this Update is that the problem with the "other" storage is much better managed by the OS. Not entirely solved, but way better though...

Cheers

surgula

Mar 29, 2013
Delft
I've also install the update and except the SMS length problem I don't find any differences. I also try to find something like a change log but without any luck. Does somebody know what else got fixed ?

thETImo

May 18, 2011
Kotikaupunki
What's the 'other stuff' there is in the phone storage? Not system, not pictures, not music, not apps but something else? :confused:

There is a lot of it and the phone needs 406 megabytes free space for update whereas I only can get 330 megas after removing apps. Is it possible to remove this 'other stuff' somehow?

trizzo

Oct 8, 2007
Bratislava
www.data-info.org
What's the 'other stuff' there is in the phone storage? Not system, not pictures, not music, not apps but something else? :confused:

There is a lot of it and the phone needs 406 megabytes free space for update whereas I only can get 330 megas after removing apps. Is it possible to remove this 'other stuff' somehow?

This folder is for system, some applications cache and other stuff. There is no way to manually flush this folder. System manages this itself.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

thETImo

May 18, 2011
Kotikaupunki
This folder is for system, some applications cache and other stuff. There is no way to manually flush this folder. System manages this itself.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. Really? There is something worth more than 1 GB. Factory reset is probably the only way to reach the 400+ MB target of free space?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. Really? There is something worth more than 1 GB. Factory reset is probably the only way to reach the 400+ MB target of free space?
    Hi. Unfortunately, it is the only way how to get some free space. This is well known bug. Hopefully, Microsoft will solve it soon.