MIME Feather Glass (Screen Protector)

Search This thread

IINexusII

Nov 8, 2010
nice, at least a company who doesnt desert htc one like SGP, and they ship to UK. ill be getting one soon :)

naturecannon

Oct 27, 2007
Portland Oregon
Ha my Ghost just arrived today and I love it. If I only knew a few days ago I may have waited but it Looks like the only difference is $27.95 and .15mm compared to the original $24.95 @ .32mm. No biggiie.

Comparing my ghost to the zagg which I had for months. The zagg is like rubbing fingers across my hairy legs, the ghost is like rubbing my beautiful wife's silky smooth thighs and butt :good:

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
Damn, wish I saw this thread first before replying to the Ghost Glass thread lol, but yeah, just ordered one to replace my broken Ghost Glass (I tried re-applying it after removing the review unit of the Mongrel Glass screen protector I received a few months back). MIME actually gave me a 50% off coupon for the Ghost but I noticed that they just released the Feather Glass so tried to use the coupon for that, and BANG. It worked! So now I'm just waiting for this new baby to arrive and hopefully it is just as good (or even better) than the Ghost Glass.

jmotyka

May 19, 2009
Right behind U!
I ordered mine today as well. I'm very excited. IMHO I think tempered glass screen protectors are the smartphone innovation of the year! Im so glad I don't have to use that orange peel rubber feeling zagg crap anymore! I will give my thorough review here when I receive it.

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
I've got Feather Glass on the way as well. A case (Ballistic SG) should be waiting for me when I get home this evening. I'm trying to decide whether to put the case on or just wait until the screen protector arrives and do them both once and for all.

bignil05

Jan 16, 2013
chicago
Got it!!

So I recieved my Feather glass screen protector over the weekend. It is amazinggg

I cannot stress it enough. I dont know how to take good pictures right now since all I have is my phone.. which the glass is connected to..so yup haha

But I will say this

1) packaging is secure and very neat.
2) It comes with:
1 lint wipe thing
1 Anti dust screen applicator ( for before installation to remove dust off the screen)
1 Glass screen protector in its own slip to ensure no scratching or breaking
1 box with a cool mime face on the front

The instructions are decent in providing application pictures and is really not hard as long as you make sure to remove all of the dust off the screen. I used a alcohol based wipes which reallly help with removing the dust and making sure dust stays off while you place the protector on. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006CRYSZ8/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I placed the screen protector on very carefully and was nervous but as soon as it went on it started to natureally adhere to the screen. I got it in pretty good position and saw one bubble in themiddle of the screen. I sort of like pushed it out with my fingers and now the screen protector has no bubbles! The corners all stick down and it really feels smooth. The edges are not sharp and are rounded so has not to cut your fingers. The protector just feels like there is a ridge where the speaker grill and meets the phone. I had some gap there in the first place (zero gap my ass!) But it isnt a big deal at all

The screen is responsive and very smooth and really is great. Ive been searching for a screen protector for quite awhile and never wanted anything that wouldnt feel smooth like glass. This is so thin that it is barely noticeable and I cant say enough how great it is (so far! mind you)

PLUS I have a UAG black case and I put it on and it meets right where the sides of the protector meet so it is perfect even with the case.

sorry for no pics but if I can do it later I will :)

major_works

Mar 27, 2011
My Feather Glass was waiting for me when I got home. Maybe I just got lucky but for me, it went on almost perfectly. I say "almost" because of one tiny bubble that's not visible when the screen is on. I didn't experience the problems with getting the corners to stick as some other posters have mentioned.

So with a Ballistic SG case and the screen protector, my One is swaddled up tight. I think I'll go throw it down a flight of stairs just to see what happens (yeah, right!).

Reactions: bignil05

jackpollard

Aug 17, 2013
I had the glas slim screen protector for the last few months and it eventually gave its life up to rubbing along sand at the beach. It had a long gash and time for a new protector. I picked up the mime feather glass from the company's website and put it on last night. I've used many protectors but none has had a separate dust sheet that the feather had. I washed my hands, laid out the dust thing and glass. I cleaned the glass with the supplied cloth, then use the dust sheet. I worried it would leave something sticky, but nothing but a dustless glass. I pealed the protector off the feather and just placed it on the HTC. It's pretty cool the way the feather adhesive flows from the middle out. But I goofed up, I was off on the bottom. So I carefully pulled it up, careful not to touch the sides. Tried again and perfect. No bubbles and perfect fit with a Poetic atmosphere case. So the verdict? Love the touch of the feather, just like the naked HTC screen. Smooth and great feel. I feel confident it will protect my screen and keep it as its meant to be, smooth.

I saw some folks asking for a pic, hope this helps.

u7uzaqeb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
HTC One (m7)
Google Pixel
Yep. It's pretty, pretty, pretty..... pretty thin. These guys say they're glaziers so I suppose they are adept at lapping the glass to this level.

yea i was telling a coworker i ordered it and as i was explaining it, it kicked in that it was .15mm and i was like WTF. looking at a ruler i just couldnt imagine .15mm of glass...

now im afraid i will snap it in half while applying it to the phone. haha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the glas slim screen protector for the last few months and it eventually gave its life up to rubbing along sand at the beach. It had a long gash and time for a new protector. I picked up the mime feather glass from the company's website and put it on last night. I've used many protectors but none has had a separate dust sheet that the feather had. I washed my hands, laid out the dust thing and glass. I cleaned the glass with the supplied cloth, then use the dust sheet. I worried it would leave something sticky, but nothing but a dustless glass. I pealed the protector off the feather and just placed it on the HTC. It's pretty cool the way the feather adhesive flows from the middle out. But I goofed up, I was off on the bottom. So I carefully pulled it up, careful not to touch the sides. Tried again and perfect. No bubbles and perfect fit with a Poetic atmosphere case. So the verdict? Love the touch of the feather, just like the naked HTC screen. Smooth and great feel. I feel confident it will protect my screen and keep it as its meant to be, smooth.

I saw some folks asking for a pic, hope this helps.

u7uzaqeb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Ha my Ghost just arrived today and I love it. If I only knew a few days ago I may have waited but it Looks like the only difference is $27.95 and .15mm compared to the original $24.95 @ .32mm. No biggiie.

Comparing my ghost to the zagg which I had for months. The zagg is like rubbing fingers across my hairy legs, the ghost is like rubbing my beautiful wife's silky smooth thighs and butt :good:
    Great screen protector. Much better than SGP Glas.t Slim AND Glas.tR

Dont think the edges are rounded, but it doesnt matter. The glass is so thin you dont notice a sharp edge. feels almost as a normal plastic screen protector around the edges.

Best investment for your HTC One

IMG_6214_zps815936d0.jpg

IMG_6213_zpsb7900f59.jpg

IMG_6212_zpsffac1b7a.jpg

IMG_6210_zpsc529e9fe.jpg

IMG_6209_zps811662d9.jpg

IMG_6207_zpsa8783326.jpg
    Just applied my feather glass which was replacement for my ghost glass that died. And I have to say it is incredibly thin (even the ghost glass was thin but this is just nuts!)

Installed perfectly the first time with no bubbles or anything and all 4 corners adhered perfectly.

I must say, I don't know if it's just me, but the soft touch layer feels so much smoother compared to that of the ghost glass. Very happy with my replacement purchase.

Note: the product listing may not say that it has curved edges but trust me its so thin that the edges don't catch your thumb/finger at all. I actually do think there is some sort of curve to the edge.

Edit: added some pics. Apologies about the quality (another camera phone)

e8azypeh.jpg

e4amy8es.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    ordered!!!

Thanks for the update on the feather screen protector. I ordered it and I will be sure to update this thread when I see how it is!