Votes: 223 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 150 40.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

D3vr04

Jan 24, 2008
Need info....

Will killing the SetCPU task with Advance task killer, kill the 1152mhz overclock that I set OR/AND the Profiles setting?

arayba

Oct 24, 2009
Patton PA
I am very happy

I would like to say that this Rocks This has Improved my battery life Ive had this Phone running all day used the net downloaded some apps Listened to some music from 8.00AM and its 4.27 and i still have 32% battery life when before i had next to nothing when it came to battery life THANK YOU :D

JTCGiants56

Jun 13, 2010
So when we install this kernal it is already overclocked/undervolted without use having to mess around in setcup - correct? After installing this I am ranging from 6.5 to a max of 7.0 Mflops just like I was getting before. Not really seeing any improvements in that regard.

Edit: Nevermind. I just had to do a restart and now it is picking up the new speed. Very stable so far for me.

Last edited:

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
well i asked bc there has been many proven cases that running a ATK makes battery worse since its always running vs letting android take care of the processes

Cronus1995

May 11, 2010
I would kill it with ATK to the most memory as I can. Memory helps with the processing right and battery life?
but if killing it would undo my Setcpu overclock, i will just leave it running...

ATK isn't something you should need with the incredible. it kills your battery faster.

with that said, setcpu isn't something you need to use in order to have the overclock kernel work. I have it on my device purely for the profiles. I like the idea of being able to overclock when I have a lot of battery and underclock when I'm low on battery or when my phone is not being used (i.e. when it's sleeping or in standby) I also like the failsafe you can use that can throttle down the phone when it's getting hot.

JETC86

May 17, 2010
The kernel listed earlier today (2.6.29-cc1c2268-dirty-212162a9 alex@android-builder #3 PREEMPT) was more stable than the one that is currently linked at the new first page of this thread.

I am not sure if the #3 PREEMPT is undervolted or not but this one: hydra_ocuv_n_v04_signed.zip just keeps rebooting on me. Don't want to overvolt since battery life is poor enough on the incredible as it is.