Fix WP7 HD2 Battery Indicator Level

Search This thread

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
I like your concerns! Still now my phone has 30-40% and it's going to the limits...Yesterday with 80% i surfed the Internet at the Cafe..i was connected about 1 hour!
Then went home and leave it connected to my home WIFi since yesterday night and still 40% or something! I've just Made 2 calls and send 2 sms...Everything works just fine guys!

Before this tweak my phone last utleast 1 day...But now it's going even better!
Just think about it...if i wasn't connected to any wifi and leave it on standby until today maybe the battery will reads about 55-60% or so??

I will test it more today fully charged! I will not connect to any wifi..i will just make my calls,sms, and leave it on standby...I want to test the stanby time of the device!:cool:

Last edited:

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
i think to be clear though, from my observations whilst this does make the OS see a battery with its full capability and thus doesnt show low battery so soon im still noticing charging errors, to get a full charge its still taking repeated attempts of unpluging and replugging especially on the last 50mA does anyone know what the battery was on the device this ROM was pulled from?

Ive also got a 1350mA battery that only shows 1250mA but im guessing thats driver issues but the battery still has the capacity and thus the 1250 isnt just getting old and wont charge that last bit, think i will have to do some math and charge a spare battery directly, and just swap them out as they empty

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
My phone is charging right now..I will let it get full Juice and will report back! Yesterday when i performed the tweak and charged it it was just fine..Fully charged 100%

jemaho

Apr 7, 2009
Waregem
I confirm that this tweak works on my side too, tho the icon never changed as stated. Anyway, using battery tool, I follow my usage and I see a huge improvement!

Reactions: arkatis

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
I confirm that this tweak works on my side too, tho the icon never changed as stated. Anyway, using battery tool, I follow my usage and I see a huge improvement!

Glad it worked for you also mate! :cool:

Edit: It's been 1 and a half hour on the charger..Green light didn't showed up yet! Battery is 90% and charging normally! :D

Last edited:

kdskds

Oct 1, 2009
Thank u but didnt work for me.
The value was 11 for me at first, i did what u said, but no changes were made, and after reseting it shows 11 again...

Same for me. But now i put in a second batterie, its ca. at 90%, and the registry now shows 10.

Hi arkatis

What do you think? Do i have the same reg-Hack after every battery-Change?

:)

Last edited:

schlei

Dec 4, 2009
all right ?

hi, i have now installed the registry tool and on my hd2.
here is also a value of 11 shown.

i changed it to 20 then to 80 but i cant see any change on the battery icon.

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
hi, i have now installed the registry tool and on my hd2.
here is also a value of 11 shown.

i changed it to 20 then to 80 but i cant see any change on the battery icon.

me too, totally same. First 1 is 11, after change to 20, didnt see any change, go to change to 80, still the same. After i restart, nothing change :D
What s wrong with mine T_T

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Hey guys..Ok for those that didn't work here is a hint..

Note: Charge your battery until the green light shows up!!!!!
To give you to understand..11 value means that the battery is fully charged...10 value means that battery at 90%, 6 value for 60-70%...I think!

Anyway, if it shows 11 then your icon will be at maximum battery right???
So go edit the value to 3 or 4...Now you will see that the battery shows about 40%;;;; Now again edit the value to 10/OK (battery shows full), 20/OK, 80/OK,(80 will lock the value imo)
restart! Charge again, report here! ;)

Again note that the value is dynamic and changes to default after the tweak but in some strange reasons this tweak works!

I charged mine today; finished @ 2 o clock full battery...now it's 24:30 and i have about 70%..Will post again my stats tomorrow when i go to work!

Last edited:
Reactions: jenzy1985

LuckTR

Apr 20, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Battery life increase despite Reg Value change

I performed the exact tweak as described in the first post by member Arkatis, and even though my value essentially always returns to "11" on full charge I am left pleasantly surprised with my battery life somehow affected by tinkering with the value in the registry. My phone is still half way full since yesterday's tweaking. That's under more than average usage which I've put in place to test my new battery life. Needless to mention that my phone would be already on charger under similar load without the tweak :D.
Not saying my value changed from 11 on full charge...it's just my battery life, that's doubled ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: arkatis

Shahab2500

Dec 31, 2009
Tabriz
mobile99.net
i waited until the light turned to green, did exactly what u said, No changes were made. battery life is not affected too. still i have a very high consumption as before...

Last edited:

LuckTR

Apr 20, 2010
Yuma, AZ
i waited until the light turned to green, did exactly what u said, No changes were made. battery life is not affected too. still i have a very high consumption as before...
At this time it's whole day including last night off charger with elevated usage...still have juice left. Not much, but the led did not come up yet :). This is only thanks to tweak presented by Arkatis...
However, before I came over this tweak, one thing that got me off charger for bit longer was RADIO FLASH from 2.15 to 2.12. If you have unbearably short battery life, flashing to 2.12 is very first step you should take.
Refer to below link for further references:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=924059
Hope this helps ;)

Shahab2500

Dec 31, 2009
Tabriz
mobile99.net
I tested the 2.12 radio too, it has the same consumption for me.

I agree with Daniel. this registry only changes the Battery Icon levels (graphically), i think.

godwinvandamme

Jun 28, 2008
ancona
Huston we have a problem....
did everything as describe...and i must admit that my batter lasted much longer than usual....HOWERVER... once the battery was almost done.. i charged it overnight...
green light on indicating battery is fully charged.. but battery icon only showing 3/4th of the battery charged....
whats wrong....??

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk

you using the battery tool to check usage?

try unpluging teh device when the light goes green, plug it straight back in, the charging light will return, if you keep the screen off it will charge some more.

It appears to me that it has some kind of memory effect, each time its not charged fully takes that value as its max.

This tweek appears to make the icon show the correct % but ive still noticed myself having to do the unplug then replug on charger.

Shahab2500

Dec 31, 2009
Tabriz
mobile99.net
you using the battery tool to check usage?

try unpluging teh device when the light goes green, plug it straight back in, the charging light will return, if you keep the screen off it will charge some more.

It appears to me that it has some kind of memory effect, each time its not charged fully takes that value as its max.

This tweek appears to make the icon show the correct % but ive still noticed myself having to do the unplug then replug on charger.

Battery toll shows -212 and sometimes -343

when i unplug and plug again, it charges for less than a minute and again turns to green.

Last edited:

timmy1980

Nov 16, 2006
I followed the instructions posted and it seems to have made a difference.. I first did what was detailed in the first post and then what was suggested later on which was to change the value to a lower number and then up to 20 and 80 and the icon did indeed change as the value increased and now battery life does seem better today. I'm on radio 2.12 by the way. We'll see I guess!! Thanks for this! It was battery life that made me change back to android!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i have found a way to fix battery indicator to show the battery level as it should be...
    1) First of all charge your phone
    2) After that go to registry editor on your phone and go to
    Code:
    [B]Local machine/system/state/batteryux/MainIntervalIndex[/B]
    and change the value from 6 (or any value it shows there) to 20...now press OK! You wil see that the battery level on top has been changed!
    Now again edit it and go from 20 to 80 and press OK
    RESTART YOUR PHONE AND THEN CHARGE IT!
    Now you will see that the battery level has changed and shows the battery level like it should be...
    Until now it seems like its working... Will leave it unti later to see if the battery will continue to show the correct level...
    Try it and tell me your thoughts!
    You can find the registry editor attached.

DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK..MESSING WITH REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE!

Find more registry tweaks here:
    Code:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971[/URL]
    Confirm me this is working.
    and i post it in WP7 registry thread.
    Thanks

i've just apply it i don't know yet if this work.
    I am puzzled...my phone's led turns green, next I unplug it, open reg editor, my value is @ 11. Next I change it to 20, confirm OK (no change on batt indicator btw), then change it to 80 and restart. Cell boots up with full batt indicator. I plug it in, it's charging for couple mins, and again hits green light. When I view the registry key, value is back on 11 :confused:.
    Any suggestion or correction regarding my description would be appreciated;)

Good Question mate! As i said the value is dynamic and it can change to anything!
    This is weird though cause when i made the tweak and checked back in registry my value were 6 again! But....no battery drainage after that! I don't know why but still my phone's juice is above the middle! (which is logical because i fully charged my HD2) So make the tweak, test it a couple of hours,check if the battery "drainage" it's logical and report here! :cool:

I Confirm that this is working real nicely!:D
    Ok after some tests it seems like the value changed by its self... From 10 to 5 and level shows less than the middle.. I tried to change it to 80.. Will test more until i find the correct one
    It doesn't work for me :(

Can u post a screenshot to see how it looks like?

Ok here is the thing:
    1)charge your phone until the green light shows up
    2)unplug it from A/C and open registry editor
    3)go to the reg path
    4)edit the value from 6 to 20...press ok..Now you will see the battery indicator level has been changed! Again go and edit the value and from 20 go to 80..press ok! Restart and enjoy!

To see that this is working.. go and edit the value and put number 4 or 2! The indicator will show you that you have 40%-50%..
    So if you edit it again and follow the instructions you will see that the battery level will now show 80%-90% which is correct because you charged your phone before!

I can't see any " virtual battery drainage" anymore because the indicator now shows the correct batt level! :rolleyes::D

Tell me your results!