[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Skidiver

Dec 10, 2010
Hi,
I just installed android and verything was fine...I turned the phone off...turned it back on and windows OS appears...how can I keep android as my default?...Thanks in advance!!!

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hi,
I just installed android and verything was fine...I turned the phone off...turned it back on and windows OS appears...how can I keep android as my default?...Thanks in advance!!!

This is installed on the SD card... so WinMo is still present on internal memory.

As was stated, you can flash it - but be warned, this is much more dangerous than running it off of the SD. It seems to work pretty well (I've used it for a while, but always jump back to help test on HaRET) but like I said you can mess up your phone permanently by flashing it incorrectly. You can't do that with the SD card install... Nothing is being flashed ;).

vo_danh

Jun 26, 2010
Sorry to be a noob but.... WHAT AND WHERE is the file manager..... I need to browse and edit files on my sd card while in GB...

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
Welcome to Android, take your pick. Go search the Market; there are several suitable apps out there. GBX0B ships with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself... Don't download this unless you know you want to update!!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root (base) of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for RHOD/TOPA) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**If you have issues with the above file, you must calibrate manually. To start manual calibration, just delete any ts-calibration files and boot. Sometimes this doesn't work, and you have to use an older kernel from GIT (I found 1225 works well) and generate the ts-calibration file by booting and pressing the 5 zones. Once you have a good calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a really good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel from the autobuild service! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe... Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins or so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them ;).

See Incremental Updates for more information on this topic of updating!!

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
    Things broken in this build:

• libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location). I think this also breaks the stock browser, I recommend using Dolphin Mini!
    • HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.
    • Data - very flaky - CDMA users have data break for them after every phone call, and GSM users seem to have better luck but it's not flawless. Even seen reports of wifi having issues with data not going out to the WAN. There is a bug filed on this issue.

Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build. Although what is interesting, I noticed that in this build I don't have the landscape-on-boot issue that I get with Froyo...
    Changelog
    March 25, 2011
    • Further tuned keyboard sizing to be useful on VGA (also made the key labels bigger)
    • World-phone settings support (very important for future RIL enhancements especially on CDMA)
    • Enabled HSPA icon (someone on GSM please let me know if it actually works)
    Evening everybody. Got another testing image for you.

Changes:
    • Google apps should all be fixed now (tested with gmail particularly) -- we've switched javascript engines and are now using V8
    • The accelerometer driver I've blogged about is now included in this build
    • Android codebase sync'ed to latest 2.3.3
    • Not included in this build is some preliminary work on GPS. It crashes Android (and freezes my RHOD400) so it's been removed from the system image.
    • Proper hardware 3D driver provided in this system. Neocore still doesn't work.
    • Gallery3D added to the build to test a possible fix for rotation issues. I'm mainly interested in results on RAPH.

Thanks again for everybody testing and providing feedback on these releases. This is signed so old data.img from our previous Gingerbread tester release may work. Again, if you have any problems, we suggest clearing out data.img before reporting them.

The system image is available for immediate consumption at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing-20110227.zip.

I really wish you wouldn't just randomly spam every thread with this link... Kinda rude if you ask me, especially since you created another thread...