Bootanimation collection + Bootsounds

Search This thread

mikeheissen

Jan 5, 2013
I want to offer you here self created boot animations.
There are all adjusted for the Note 2 (resolution 720 X 1280).
On request I can adjust the resolution for other devices.

If it is possible for me, I can try to take requests for special animations as well.

The preview (.gif files) are shown reduced in size and compressed. For this, the quality of the preview may vary from the actual boot animation.
There are also some bootanis with different parts, in some of those bootanis (f.e. C64, Android Skater) the last part runs in a continuous loop. This is not shown in the .gif preview.

How you will get the boot animation to run on you rom, depends on your used rom.

For tw roms 4.4.2:
  1. You have to download this file: View attachment bootanimation-enabler.7z then unpack it and copy and overwrite ´the "bootanimation" file to system/bin (you may backup the old "bootanimation" file first, but then you have to take care to set the permissons to -rwxr-xr-x)
  2. Next you rename your downloaded "bootanimation-xxxx.zip" you want to install to "bootanimation.zip"
  3. Now you copy the just renamed "bootanimation.zip" to system/media and set permissions to -rw-r--r--
  4. reboot

For tw roms 4.3:
  1. Flash this file: View attachment CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip with recovery.
  2. Next you rename your downloaded "bootanimation-xxxx.zip" you want to install to "bootanimation.zip"
  3. Now you copy the just renamed "bootanimation.zip" to system/media and set permissions to -rw-r--r--
  4. reboot

For tw roms until 4.1.2:
betoNL“ wrote a nice tutorial for that. :good:

For some bootanimations, there are bootsounds aswell:
  1. Download the "PowerOn-xxx.7z" of your choice, unpack it and rename the .ogg file to "PowerOn.ogg".
  2. Overwrite it to: system/media/audio/ui (maybe you want to backup the old "PowerOn.ogg" first)
  3. Set permissions of "PowerOn.ogg" to -rw-r--r--

If you want to create a boot animation yourself, there is also a great guide from „<JohnCarter>“.:good:

Bootanimation's

More to come.....

Last edited:

mikeheissen

Jan 5, 2013
think it will work like this. did not tryed it myself, because still on 4.3
can anyone report if this is the way?
For "Kit Kat TW Rom"
  1. You have to download this file: View attachment bootanimation-enabler.7z then unpack it and copy and overwrite ´the "bootanimation" file to system/bin (you may backup the old "bootanimation" file first, but then you have to take care to set the permissons to -rwxr-xr-x)
  3. Now you copy the just renamed "bootanimation.zip" to system/media and set permissions to -rwxr--r--
  4. reboot

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
think it will work like this. did not tryed it myself, because still on 4.3
can anyone report if this is the way?
For "Kit Kat TW Rom"
  1. You have to download this file: View attachment 2750818 then unpack it and copy and overwrite ´the "bootanimation" file to system/bin (you may backup the old "bootanimation" file first, but then you have to take care to set the permissons to -rwxr-xr-x)
  3. Now you copy the just renamed "bootanimation.zip" to system/media and set permissions to -rwxr--r--
  4. reboot

worked :victory:

Reactions: mikeheissen

mikeheissen

Jan 5, 2013
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts