[Q] Avi files on storage card not visible

Search This thread

Rev22

Dec 15, 2010
Hello Guys,

glad to finally open my first thread :) Now the problem:
Recently i installed the Nexus Android Build on my HD2/Leo and everything worked fine for the last days. Today, I tried to get an .avi movie running. The problem is, not a single player i tested [all the popular ones] is able to find the files on the sd card. Furthermore, all file managers like astro have the same problem. I can not see any of the avi files i copied onto my sd card. It doesnt matter whether i copy them on the root folder or in a subfolder.

Has anyone an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance for any hint!

Regards, rev.

hookguy

Oct 4, 2010
Have you tried restarting your phone after putting the files on? This sort of thing sometimes happened to me, the files would not appear on the sd card until I rebooted the phone. I think its an issue with some builds.

Sent from my HTC bravo using Tapatalk

Rev22

Dec 15, 2010
Hello,
thx for this hint. Now i can at least see the files in the explorer. Unfortunately, i still cant play them. Whichever player (arc, mix, yx, meridian) i chose after tapping on the file i get wn error massage stating that the file can not be played. Any further suggestions?
Thx so far!

jose makalolot

Aug 21, 2009
Florida
Hello,
thx for this hint. Now i can at least see the files in the explorer. Unfortunately, i still cant play them. Whichever player (arc, mix, yx, meridian) i chose after tapping on the file i get wn error massage stating that the file can not be played. Any further suggestions?
Thx so far!

Try vplayer beta, it's free in market. I use it to play avi movies.

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

Rev22

Dec 15, 2010
Hi, vplayer aint working aswell. Do i have to install any codecs first or is there anything else i have to do to get avi running? Anyone here how has an androis build on its hd2 an can watch avis?

Rev22

Dec 15, 2010
Hey,

i already did that. negative.....

I dont think the problem are caused by the players but by the build.