[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hccompany

Nov 20, 2011
Somewhere
BTW after my first restart that i mentioned, the phone was lagging a looot. I had to manualy restart it to get it to normal. What I am saying is that after some usage (19 hours in my case) the phone starts lagging. Looks like some memory overflow or some kind of garbage collector is needed. I'm just sayin

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
I confirm this... But not after 19 hours it happened to me after like 4 hours... And it still happens sometimes... The phone gets so laggy and becomes sooooo slow... More like unusable... Plus the previous kernel with chainfire gave me better performance than this one. I think we should fix gpu before anything else...

Last edited:

gontadu

Dec 27, 2010
Pretoria
My phone suddenly decided to forget what google account it was linked to. Restored some settings from titanium backup and then a couple restarts later it was ok. Also every restart it forgets i have set the network to 2G only.

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
My phone suddenly decided to forget what google account it was linked to. Restored some settings from titanium backup and then a couple restarts later it was ok. Also every restart it forgets i have set the network to 2G only.

Did you flash gapps before this happened?
It's the only thing I know this happens.
About forgetting the settings for 2g, guess it's linked with the cm overclock forgetting settings.
I'm putting it on the list ;)

Ps, camera not working yet, but I made progress, camera libs are loading, but won't keep running...
So need to find out why.

kinurabi

Jun 21, 2008
Actualy I wouldn't say it is a kernel issue. I think it is related to the ROM. This kernel is much stable and fast for me. But I would let the devs decide that. Probably they are familiar with these probs. I'm waiting for the final version, untill then ill try to help us much as I can

tenea

Oct 12, 2009
If I'm not wrong paolo's sources should be out there: in the discussion mentioned earlier Roqu3 says that he added some patches to paolo-kernel-v6 and successfully compiled it, so he must have got paolo sources.

The first link in quote block points to a file named kernel_2.6.35.14-V6-source.tar.gz. I don't know if these are the sources of original paolo-v6 or if they are the sources of Roqu3. In any case we can simply ask Roqu3. Probably the are paolo sources, but in any case we know what are the patches applied by Roqu3, so we can easily revert them if needed

Edit: just checked on the italian forum, PaolO-V6 sources are here http://www.multiupload.com/18Y712HS9G

Well, maybe it can be worked out for ICS compatibility

Sent from my LG-P500H using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
I feel the stock kernel was smoother
Is Kernel_KGSL_TEST_3.0 or FRANCO_3.0 better ?

I think it's because latest franco.kernel uses a touch screen driver that doesn't ramp up the CPU as much as the stock drivers from LG kernel on touch, so the rendering of scrolling and thing like that are not that smooth.

lupohirp, could you make the kernel use the stock touch driver again? (has franco kept the old code after he wrote his own driver?) This way, it would be much smoother.

Thanks anyway. Marvelous job!!! ;)

paul678

Sep 20, 2011
Craiova
I think it's because latest franco.kernel uses a touch screen driver that doesn't ramp up the CPU as much as the stock drivers from LG kernel on touch, so the rendering of scrolling and thing like that are not that smooth
Could you please test before asking for something..try the new kgsl franco and you will see that is not using the latest touch driver,prove me wrong;)
-since i'm here quick one:can you wake your phone while offline charging?i sure can't

L

LastStandingDroid

I will flash a rom which can add and delete APN's backup all of those, and see if i can restore to ics :D

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Could you please test before asking for something..try the new kgsl franco and you will see that is not using the latest touch driver,prove me wrong;)
-since i'm here quick one:can you wake your phone while offline charging?i sure can't

Franco kernel doesn't support offline charging...

lupohirp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Avellino
great news :

in gralloc enabled rgba in framebuffer.cpp but maybe i've fixed color banding issues :)

if you see in kernel /drivers/video/msm/msm_fb.c
BITS_PER_PIXEL_DEF is 16

this override my first indication in gralloc/framebuffer 'cause at hardware level set 16bpp automatically...now i'm going to set 24bpp and see what happens :)

ok guys situation is this

case MDP_RGB_565:
fix->type = FB_TYPE_PACKED_PIXELS;
fix->xpanstep = 1;
fix->ypanstep = 1;
var->vmode = FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED;
var->blue.offset = 0;
var->green.offset = 5;
var->red.offset = 11;
var->blue.length = 5;
var->green.length = 6;
var->red.length = 5;
var->blue.msb_right = 0;
var->green.msb_right = 0;
var->red.msb_right = 0;
var->transp.offset = 0;
var->transp.length = 0;
bpp = 2;
break;

this is our case rgb 565....look at bpp = 2 ...at the end of cases code multiply *8 bpp 2*8 =16 bingooo!:) now i'm going to set 3 :)

Last edited:

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil

No need to be rude, man...

1. I am testing the beta2+franco3.0.
2. Since the FRANCO_3.0 is based on franco.kernel .35, I assumed it was using the touch driver from franco's sources.
3. I looked the last 50 posts of lupohirp and found not a single mention to reverting touch driver to stock on the FRANCO_3.0.
4. Searching for "touch" on the thread also revealed no answer to this matter.

This is a very active thread, so I may have missed something. Could you please show me where you saw it's using the stock touch driver? Thanks in advance.

Until then, I will keep thinking the FRANCO_3.0 has the rewritten touch driver by franco. Now "prove me wrong;)" (if there's anybody who knows the answer, please tell us if you can :))

Snickers

Dec 26, 2010
No need to be rude, man...

1. I am testing the beta2+franco3.0.
2. Since the FRANCO_3.0 is based on franco.kernel .35, I assumed it was using the touch driver from franco's sources.
3. I looked the last 50 posts of lupohirp and found not a single mention to reverting touch driver to stock on the FRANCO_3.0.
4. Searching for "touch" on the thread also revealed no answer to this matter.

This is a very active thread, so I may have missed something. Could you please show me where you saw it's using the stock touch driver? Thanks in advance.

Until then, I will keep thinking the FRANCO_3.0 has the rewritten touch driver by franco. Now "prove me wrong;)" (if there's anybody who knows the answer, please tell us if you can :))

BTW guys i've no forgot you...do you want some icy biscuits to test? here the franco.kernel with KGSL 3.0 drivers! testing from this morning with overclock (played also fruit ninja seems smooth) no kernel panic! also shutdown fixed test and let me know

it was written by Lupo on page 193 :cool:

k2wl

Apr 19, 2008
great..

great news :

in gralloc enabled rgba in framebuffer.cpp but maybe i've fixed color banding issues :)

if you see in kernel /drivers/video/msm/msm_fb.c
BITS_PER_PIXEL_DEF is 16

this override my first indication in gralloc/framebuffer 'cause at hardware level set 16bpp automatically...now i'm going to set 24bpp and see what happens :)

ok guys situation is this

this is our case rgb 565....look at bpp = 2 ...at the end of cases code multiply *8 bpp 2*8 =16 bingooo!:) now i'm going to set 3 :)

great going..

i'm trying to port kernel 3.0 for your ICS.

hope so i'll be suceed...it will take time...as i'm no developer...just learning online and trying to help...
keep up...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT'S TIME TO BRING SOME ICY BISCUITS TO OUR BELOVED OPTIMUS ONE!!!!!!:D

This is cyanogenmod 9 compiled from source :)

What works:
    • Full HWAcceleration
    • Bluetooth
    • 3D(??????) TESTT ITTTT :))))
    • Sensors( tried accelerometer)
    • Electron Beam OFF
    • Audio
    • GPS(????)
    • GSM
    • JIT
    • Offline charging
    • Another thing that i forgot now :)
    • USB (mass storage switch doesn't work flash superuser to resolve it next release i will try to resolve it natively :))
    • TOUCHSCREEN!!!! big thanks to arjien that pointed me to that patch :)
    • Another thing that i don't remember now :p
    • Screenshots
    • Had the time to patch system to work with all recoveries (no more asserts problem)
    • Fixed data
    • Fixed wifi
    • Fixed hardware lights
    • FIxed brightness settings
    • Fixed google sync (but with gmail you can't see email for the same reason for the browser
    • Fixed market
    • Overclockabkle
    • Browser
    • Gmail
    • Can browser internet with opera
    • Fixed native usb (UMS still doesn't work anyway)
    • Another thing that i don't remember :p

What doesn't works:

• Camera
    • and other things :)

in other words a fully functionally rom!:D

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR DEVS AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR A DAILY USE!!!!!ROM WILL BE ONLY NEW BASEBAND 'CAUSE CYANOGENMOD SUPPORT IT NATIVELY!IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH F***G ASSERTS PROBLEM REINSTALL BUGGY CLOCKWORKMOD 5.0.2.7 VIA ROM MANAGER

HERE THE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?baf1hv6ebr813zz

Funny-sim version: http://www.mediafire.com/?r546oasa6vyksh0 (HIGH RISK!!! I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORK OR BOOT 'CAUSE I DON'T HAVE DATA PROBLEMS!!!TEST IT AND LET ME KNOW!!BASED ON GINGERBREAD CODE!!!)

TESTING KANG VERSION : http://www.mediafire.com/?dacmafj39csh7mj

Sources :http://github.com/lupohirp

CHANGELOG

BETA 2
    • BATTERY DRAIN FIXED
    • ADDED APEX LAUNCHER INSTEAD OF TREBUCHET 'CAUSE IS LIGHTER AND MORE SMOOTHER
    • LATEST CM SOURCES
    • DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE NAME BETATESTING IS BETA2

BETA3
    • FULL OPENGL RENDERING
    • MIC FIXED (TESTED WITH MY GIRL :D)
    • ENABLED GENLOCK SUPPORT IN KERNEL FOR CAMERA (?)
    • CPU SET ON BOOT FIXED (WAS MY FAULT)

BETA4
    • Fixed v8 virtual machine7
    • Fixed youtube
    • Fixed facebook sync
    • Camera partially working (we can take pictures but we have no preview)
    • improved stability (had no freezes anymore)

PLEASE STOP TO ASKING TO DEVELOP FOR NEXUS ONE!!!IF YOU WANT THAT I DEVELOP FOR THIS DONATE ME ONE!:)

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANKS TO MY DONATORS!!!!!

Hope that we bring stable cyanogenmod 9......and let me say something: ICS is beautiful!

THANKS TO:
    • Andy572
    • Arjen
    • Bytecode
    • Adfad666

Without them and their precious advices/sources this couldn't be possibile!

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK PLEASE DONATE ME A BEER :)
    Okay everybody, good news!
    Camera is working!!! We can take pictures soon :D
    Already send some info to Lupo.
    Cleaning up my code now so I can upload it to GitHub.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i did itttttt!!!!we have full opengl hardware acceleration guys!!!!!!!!i'm so happyy!!!!!!!realllyyyy!!!!!wowwwwww!!!!!!so happyyyy!!!
    sorry guys for offline i've been five days not at home and i'm returning...tomorrow i will resume the work!!!:)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
    ok building with latest cm sources + a fix for facebook sync + a fix for system partition to get more space....if all goes good i will release beta4 :) after that development will be stopped for 1-2 day but only for one reason: i want to make this official as i received an offer to make this official also to become cm-member :) and i need 1-2 days to rebase my work on official cm-sources (also use cm-kernel with genlock,kgsl and KSM(new memory feature of ICS))...i'm using totally cm code so....it is a gift that i want to give you for helpin me a lot with moeny problems guys....hope that i will can do this :)