AOKP | vigor | September 24 | Milestone 6

Search This thread

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010
I have boot manager installed and I cannot access ext sd

Which firmware do you have? ICS changed the mount location of the SD card and if you're running the Gingerbread firmware then the rom won't see the external card. There were a lot of backports made when they first started releasing ICS roms where the devs would put in support for both.

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Which firmware do you have? ICS changed the mount location of the SD card and if you're running the Gingerbread firmware then the rom won't see the external card. There were a lot of backports made when they first started releasing ICS roms where the devs would put in support for both.

so i need to be on ics firmware for it to work?

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6

Regardless of the firmware the rom will not see the external SD

As far as back ports.. no
All the firmware patches were is a audio lib and a modified vold.fstab to compensate for the mount changes

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010

All the firmware patches were is a audio lib and a modified vold.fstab to compensate for the mount changes

I just meant that they backported the mount point change to the gingerbread firmware through the patch. Thanks for explaining that better. If the fstab patch works then we should get dmeadows to add it to OP with the gapps link.

Last edited:
Reactions: superchilpil

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman

When you say that what do you mean? I can see all my files on my SD card and my ringtones as well. Under storage it isn't listed though.

sent from my rezound running AOKP

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Just giving some insight as I'm mainly a themer just getting back into themeing/devving again. I wonder if looking into the pcsc.apk from sense roms would help with USB mounting. Again could just be speaking outta my butt, giving .02 to check out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

pwned3

Jul 23, 2011
Cullman
Your external mounts? I'm not running this rom so I'm not sure
So if I'm wrong I'm sorry, just trying to help

My pictures on my SD card, files and music are all visible using es file explorer. Are others not able to see their SD card? I did install using boot manager if that helps

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010
My pictures on my SD card, files and music are all visible using es file explorer. Are others not able to see their SD card? I did install using boot manager if that helps

This sounds like the firmware, either update the firmware to one of the ICS leaks or try to find a firmware path for any other ICS rom.

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6

Possibly since most of boot manager does is modify your boot img
So it would mean that the sd not mounting is a kernel issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you are HTC Unlocked and S-Off'd WITH LATEST GLOBAL OTA
    2. Make sure you're on the latest TWRP/CWM/AmonRa
    3. MAKE A NANDROID
    4. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    5. flash ROM
    6. flash latest CM9 Gapps
    7. flash kernel if you are S-On
    8. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find Milestone 6 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Me
    Donate to Chad0989
    Donate to Romanbb
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on Github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage. Also check out the Vigor source.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    -Bluetooth
    -Camcorder
    -Boot takes a while :)
    -Chad0989: He got all this with the RIL working. Without him, this wouldn't be here.
    -ProTekk: Worked out some original kinks, gave me the patch to get Chad's CM stuff working with AOKP source :)
    -Conap: Helping me to create our first device tree way back in February
    -Joelz9614: Always being on Gtalk when I had a really noobish question
    -WildStang83: Stang inspired (And helped) me to create my first rom over a year ago
    -The AOKP Team: For kanging :p
    -The CM Team: For allowing us to kang :p
    -Google: Source
    -HTC: Device
    -All of those who support me and encourage me to continue this work
    -Anyone I'm forgetting :p
    Well meadows & I got the 3.x kernel booting. Should open up the door for camera & other fixes.
    One more just cause