X-Note Questions - New to such Android modding.

Search This thread

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Hey guys
I just installed xnote and found that i can mod sooo much but i dont have any idea lol.

1)
I can change DPI for some apps in particular or of the whole system.
Why should i do that?
What dpi do you have overall?
How will custom dpi affect particualar apps?
Can i unlock some tablet features in e.g. chrome with it?
Will it affect play store?

2)
What is viperFX (i saw the thread but i dont rly see the benefits, and it does not seem to make any differnce for me)?
What are your settings u use, and what should i set?
Do you hear any changes?
Will this affect my Battery?

3)
I dont understand the pie gesture control app :0
What does it do and any tips?

4)
Can i disable the OGBattery mod?
I want my circle battery which is included in wanam exposed back.

SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Last edited:

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hey guys
I jsut ibstalled xnote and found that i could change dpi of apps or the whole phone.

Why should i do that?
What will custom dpi make bette4 for particualar apps?

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2

ive never bothered with it far as i can see just makes your phone more like a tablet

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Yeah its quite cool actually

I set to 420dpi overall and its cool, but music app looked horrible, so i changed it to 480 in particual and its normal again.

SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2

Last edited:

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
Hey guys
I just installed xnote and found that i can mod sooo much but i dont have any idea lol.

1)
I can change DPI for some apps in particular or of the whole system.
Why should i do that?
How will custom dpi affect particualar apps?
Can i unlock some tablet features in e.g. chrome with it?
Will it affect play store?

2)
What is viperFX (i saw the thread but i dont rly see the benefits, and it does not seem to make any differnce for me)?
What are your settings u use, and what should i set?
Do you hear any changes?
Will this affect my Battery?

3)
I dont understand the pie gesture control app :0
What does it do and any tips?

4)
Can i disable the OGBattery mod?
I want my circle battery which is included in wanam exposed back.

SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2

Hi,
1: you can change dpi for apps individually or for the full system. For xnote if you you change the dpi for the system the apps will wont look bad because the developer added the main dpi values to the app. For example I am using it on 320 which is the lowest. Its looks better for me. Tablet version is not available at the moment because samsunk has removed the tablet framework from all of his roms even from the tablets... if you want to change dpi you could use the included app in the rom or use romtool box and inside that there a build prop editor, search for density and change it to 320 or 330

2: viper zis an audio mod. Like Acid audio engine. I think viper is better. Install it and you can configure it in the viper app. First you need to install the driver. Press the menu button in the app. I installed the medium driver.. it is good made a couple off changes like +17db of added bass etc. Sound awesome!

No ide about 3 and 4

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Hi,
1: you can change dpi for apps individually or for the full system. For xnote if you you change the dpi for the system the apps will wont look bad because the developer added the main dpi values to the app. For example I am using it on 320 which is the lowest. Its looks better for me. Tablet version is not available at the moment because samsunk has removed the tablet framework from all of his roms even from the tablets... if you want to change dpi you could use the included app in the rom or use romtool box and inside that there a build prop editor, search for density and change it to 320 or 330

2: viper zis an audio mod. Like Acid audio engine. I think viper is better. Install it and you can configure it in the viper app. First you need to install the driver. Press the menu button in the app. I installed the medium driver.. it is good made a couple off changes like +17db of added bass etc. Sound awesome!

No ide about 3 and 4

Thanks for answering. I am quite happy with 390, this is quite cool and i wonder why i dont have this since i am rooted :p
Some apps like music, dialer contacts... look awful on lower dpi so i have an xposed app to cange them back to 480(is the standart dpi, right?)

For viper in installed the driver in the middle, but i dont seem to see an improvements, only that my speaker does some noise if no sound played and "4va speakerFX" for speaker enabled.
I think i will play around a bit.

SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2

Last edited:

mR.fR34ky

Dec 26, 2011
Leuven
Thanks for answering. I am quite happy with 390, this is quite cool and i wonder why i dont have this since i am rooted :p
Some apps like music, dialer contacts... look awful on lower dpi so i have an xposed app to cange them back to 480(is the standart dpi, right?)

For viper in installed the driver in the middle, but i dont seem to see an improvements, only that my speaker does some noise if no sound played and "extra loud" for speaker enabled.
I think i will play around a bit.

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 0x0 X-Note7 ML2

Modify something! Add extra bass and tick some options in the app not that difficult ;)

Top Liked Posts