SD card unexpectedly removed...

Search This thread

Kensai

Jul 6, 2010
I've been running on stock rom, s-off n w xposed. Everthing has been going great for a month now. I haven't really been tweaking anything but this morning. I woke up w the notification saying my sd card was unexpectedly removed.

It's a SanDisk microSDXC 64GB. I've even popped it out n tried it on the computer thinking my sd card burnt out but it's fine. I cleared dalvik n cache... Restarted... Opens to checking sd then sd card unexpectedly removed. I tried restarting xposed bc I do have HandleExternalStorage mod. I even turned it off to try that out. I have to admit that since the beginning of receiving this phone, the access to data on my sd card has always been laggy.

So do u guys think it's a hardware problem? Or anyone else w any ideas on how else to determine if it's a hardware or software problem?

flyinj54

Sep 14, 2011
Ohio
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6T
I've been running on stock rom, s-off n w xposed. Everthing has been going great for a month now. I haven't really been tweaking anything but this morning. I woke up w the notification saying my sd card was unexpectedly removed.

It's a SanDisk microSDXC 64GB. I've even popped it out n tried it on the computer thinking my sd card burnt out but it's fine. I cleared dalvik n cache... Restarted... Opens to checking sd then sd card unexpectedly removed. I tried restarting xposed bc I do have HandleExternalStorage mod. I even turned it off to try that out. I have to admit that since the beginning of receiving this phone, the access to data on my sd card has always been laggy.

So do u guys think it's a hardware problem? Or anyone else w any ideas on how else to determine if it's a hardware or software problem?

I had a similar issues with my headphone jack. I've never used it but found the device thought the headphone were always plugged in causing the problems of no sound from speakers and all calls trying to push audio through headphones. I ended up cleaning the headphone jack with a q tip and rubbing alcohol and after a half hour finally got the jack to release. Def hardware problem here. My guess is the same for you. You could always backup your Rom and flash a fresh rom just to see if it's possibly software. If not try cleaning inside the sdcard slot with the same combination. Could be dirt or dust inside.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kensai

Jul 6, 2010
Thanks for the tip. I actually tried a couple of things, cleaning included. Eventually it was my SanDisk 64GB microSDXC card that was running funny. I moved it from my rezound n never reformatted it to the m8. I popped in a Samsung 64GB microSDXC, brand new, n it worked like a charm.

The odd thing is I don't understand y it just kept saying microsd unexpectedly unmounted. Maybe it it just needs to be reformatted or maybe my sdcard is dying. Gonna reformat the SanDisk and try it again on phone later. If not gonna send it back for warranty

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Try a different card?????