[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

Search This thread

captainblue

May 10, 2010
Couple of questions?

I just have a couple of questions? How do I change the word Sprint on the lock screen? I edited the eri.xml and pushed it back but did not fix it. Do you have a ETA on usb tethering? And does anyone know what the bluegrass cellular MMS settings are for the apns-conf file? Also are there any future plans on having epst.apk somehow in the rom? The only reason is to change the phone number.
Otherwise nothing but a solid rom as always. Thanks!

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
Originally Posted by maderf
Hi.. Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I'm hoping somebody would help me out. I've adb pusehd things before and haven't had any problems. This time I do the command "adb push camera.apk /system/app" and it tells me "failed to copy 'camera.apk' to '/system/app/camera.apk' :read-only file system"

What am I doing wrong? Forgive my I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff.

So far this rom is pretty sweet though.

Let the phone go to sleep (or press the end button) and then push it.

No no....

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6827183&postcount=191

When the phone is awake, its not taking any pushes or pulls. For me at least.

Last edited:

realmrealm

Sep 6, 2009
Lake In the Hills, IL
Hi.. Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I'm hoping somebody would help me out. I've adb pusehd things before and haven't had any problems. This time I do the command "adb push camera.apk /system/app" and it tells me "failed to copy 'camera.apk' to '/system/app/camera.apk' :read-only file system"

What am I doing wrong? Forgive my I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff.

So far this rom is pretty sweet though.

The file that was provided has a capital C in it. Linux cares about capital and lowercase letters. try again using Camera.apk

If you are doing this while the phone is booted up you need to run a
Code:
adb remount
before pushing

Also because you are just running
Code:
adb push Camera.apk .....
this means that you are pushing the file from within the tools folder within your sdk folder.(same folder abd is in) So make sure the file is there.

Last edited:

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
are you first doing an
Code:
adb remount
before trying to push while the phone is awake?

I do. And ive also done it with out. The first time i tried to push it acctually, it mounted it self then said read only. I tried doing it a couple times. then saw the phone go off as i did it one more time and it worked. i had to reflash and went through the same thing and tried to push while phone was awake, no go. put it to sleep and it worked. plus...i have android manager.

realmrealm

Sep 6, 2009
Lake In the Hills, IL
I do. And ive also done it with out. The first time i tried to push it acctually, it mounted it self then said read only. I tried doing it a couple times. then saw the phone go off as i did it one more time and it worked. i had to reflash and went through the same thing and tried to push while phone was awake, no go. put it to sleep and it worked. plus...i have android manager.

hmmm, I pushed my the Camera.apk while phone was awake. (I know this because I actually saw the icon disappear from my screen after the push said it was successful)

I have no idea what android manager is but I assume it like droid explorer. I just push from command line or terminal

strange stuff, happy you got it to go though

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
hmmm, I pushed my the Camera.apk while phone was awake. (I know this because I actually saw the icon disappear from my screen after the push said it was successful)

I have no idea what android manager is but I assume it like droid explorer. I just push from command line or terminal

strange stuff, happy you got it to go though

huh. quite. not to mention i did a full wipe of everything on the second go and didn't have to reinstall googlebits cause it was all there...

yeah its just a file manager on windows basically. but you can like 'almost' drag and drop apk's and it was freezing. but as soon as the phone went to sleep it worked so iunno...it works.

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
thank you for the post...

To daporkchop..

I was posting the link for this guy so it didnt have to deal with any pushing files.

Also you will always be able to read and write to system while the phone is awake. As long as you mount the system partition. (This isnt the Evo- which is now fixed anyways.)

adb remount

or

adb shell
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

daPorkchop

May 13, 2010
To daporkchop..

I was posting the link for this guy so it didnt have to deal with any pushing files.

Also you will always be able to read and write to system while the phone is awake. As long as you mount the system partition. (This isnt the Evo- which is now fixed anyways.)

adb remount

or

adb shell
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

i was mostly joking when i said no no...

still can't get mine to push while awake though but it dosen't matter. i can put it to sleep if i must.

edit: oh...and it was to the zip not the apk one you posted :) mah bad

maderf

Dec 7, 2009
Ok so everything is there that I used except for software to check mail via a pop3 mail server. Can we bring back the old mail software?

D3FAULT

Jun 13, 2010
Got VVM and 5mp camera working.. I'm a happy guy right now. This ROM is fast!

I think it kills my battery pretty fast though... any suggestions for that?

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Got VVM and 5mp camera working.. I'm a happy guy right now. This ROM is fast!

I think it kills my battery pretty fast though... any suggestions for that?

It's because you have been so overjoyed and giddy that you still haven't allowed to phone to sleep yet.

Set it down. Walk away. Normal use.

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
Can you disable/enable jit from terminal emulator?

If the only reason you are doing it is for xda.. I can post my .9 xda that works with JIT.

Other then xda i cant think of any reason why it should be disabled. Everything will work in the AOSP rom.

But the real answer to your question.. Pull the build.prob and change "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit" to "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast"

Last edited:

Mdawg112

Apr 1, 2010
I know, I was just wondering =]

Can't someone be curious around here... :cool:

Btw, I don't use xda app any more =]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My battery with this ROM still seems to drop fast compared to my stock 2.1, even with my "normal use" so far today. I'll try calibrating it probably today and see if that helps.

Also, my the phone part of my phone is acting weird. I had my brother call and leave a voice mail to test VVM, and my phone NEVER rang or even acknowledged that he called until he left the voice mail. That showed up but it still never rang or showed I had a missed call.. weird?

Well I just tested this after flashing the VVM, and it worked for me. Including ringing.

Try messing with your sound settings, ringtones, blah.

I've never had a problem with Darchdroid in that regard.
    everything working fine for me..

but VVM is the only thing i have issues with ...cuz i get the text message to my mms app as well......and i don't want to use handcent lol

who knows another fix for that?
    I Have a Question..

Every time i try to take a Picture, the Camera just Freezes Up and i says i took it but it doesn't save it, So i was wondering if it was possible to switch cameras 1. Because this camera only give 3mp And not like other cameras that give 5mp 2. If freezes up and it doesn't save the picture i took

Thankx =]

Look at the 2nd post on this thread.. try that and see what happens.
    CM 5.8 was released.. Darch, will you be updating this with the new source?