[Q] Root i9505 ML1 4.3 without void KNOX

Search This thread

cezaralboiu

Apr 18, 2012
Bucharest
Hi there. Do you know any way of rooting galaxy s4 i9505 Ml1 4.3 without voiding Knox? I tried with vroot and safe root but my phone says that it has a protection. Do you know if it works with ML6 or ML9? Thanks in advance :D

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi there. Do you know any way of rooting galaxy s4 i9505 Ml1 4.3 without voiding Knox? I tried with vroot and safe root but my phone says that it has a protection. Do you know if it works with ML6 or ML9? Thanks in advance :D
Protection? Maybe is a KNOX message telling u -> Error: An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device?

Reactions: cezaralboiu

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Yes this is the message. What can i do? :(
- First ROOT CHECKER app ->HERE. This will help ya for know if ur phone is rooted or no
- Install Root explorer app (only for rooted devices) then -> HERE and delete this apps:

KNOX in System/App folder:
ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk

KNOX in DATA/DATA folder:

com.sec.knox.containeragent
com.sec.knox.eventsmanager
com.sec.enterprise.knox.attestation
com.sec.knox.app.container
com.sec.knox.seandroid
com.sec.knox.store
com.samsung.klmsagent

More KNOX remains:

Folder = Data/clipboard/knox
Folder = system/containers
Folder = system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
Lib = libknoxdrawglfunction.so
File = system/tima_measurement_info ---- TIMA is a Trust-Zone of KNOX

Solved ;)

costag

Jan 13, 2014
I'm also looking for an option to root an I9505 with ML1 without triggering the Knox flag and tried saferoot. But after the batch sends the files to the device, this is what appears:

Code:
[*] Starting rooting program.
ro.build.product=jflte
ro.build.id=JSS15J
[B]setsockopt() failed: Bad address.
this device is not supported.
kallsyms_addresses search failed.[/B]

[*] Removing temporary files...

[*] Rebooting... Please wait.
[*] Waiting for device to re-appear...

[*] Checking if su is still there
[B]Something has deleted su - looking for the backup copy
The backup is gone too - can't recover![/B]

In bold, the errors. Despite the concerning message at the end, the phone reboots normally.

When I boot the phone in download mode, the Knox kernel lock and Knox warranty void flags are still 0x0. I do see something that catches my attention: WRITE PROTECTION: Enabled. Since I'm a first-time rooter, I don't know if that's what keeping saferoot to work.

This thread on the forum says that saferoot will only work up to MKF, which makes me think this is the culprit. Is there any way to downgrade to MKF? Or any other way to root with ML1 without triggering Knox?

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I'm also looking for an option to root an I9505 with ML1 without triggering the Knox flag and tried saferoot. But after the batch sends the files to the device, this is what appears:

Code:
[*] Starting rooting program.
ro.build.product=jflte
ro.build.id=JSS15J
[B]setsockopt() failed: Bad address.
this device is not supported.
kallsyms_addresses search failed.[/B]

[*] Removing temporary files...

[*] Rebooting... Please wait.
[*] Waiting for device to re-appear...

[*] Checking if su is still there
[B]Something has deleted su - looking for the backup copy
The backup is gone too - can't recover![/B]

In bold, the errors. Despite the concerning message at the end, the phone reboots normally.

When I boot the phone in download mode, the Knox kernel lock and Knox warranty void flags as still 0x0. I do see something that catches my attention: WRITE PROTECTION: Enabled. Since I'm a first-time rooter, I don't know if that's what keeping saferoot to work.

This thread on the forum says that saferoot will only work up to MKF, which makes me think this is the culprit. Is there any way to downgrade to MKF? Or any other way to root with ML1 without triggering Knox?

Thanks for any insight.
Dont create one thread inside other thread. Create one new pls and delete this one. Ty so much :)

cezaralboiu

Apr 18, 2012
Bucharest
- First ROOT CHECKER app ->HERE. This will help ya for know if ur phone is rooted or no
- Install Root explorer app (only for rooted devices) then -> HERE and delete this apps:

ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk

com.sec.knox.seandroid
com.sec.knox.store
com.samsung.klmsagent

More KNOX remains:

Solved ;)

I don't have root access and i think that i can't delete that files without having root access. That security error stops the root files store into the phone.. any others ideas?:(

costag

Jan 13, 2014
Dont create one thread inside other thread. Create one new pls and delete this one. Ty so much :)

Did I? Sorry, I thought I'd just posted a reply on this thread on the same topic. But thanks for the heads up, I'll open a new thread while I follow this one for some potentially helpful info.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Did I? Sorry, I thought I'd just posted a reply on this thread on the same topic. But thanks for the heads up, I'll open a new thread while I follow this one for some potentially helpful info.

Well. The same answer for the 2 persons. SAFEROOT still without support this firmwares. We will have to write some words to the creator of this app :)

*EDIT: I dont think exist other way for root ur phone without void the warranty. Im sorry. Maybe other person will know it ;)

costag

Jan 13, 2014
ContainerAgent.apk
KNOXAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
KNOXStub.apk
SPDClient.apk

com.sec.knox.seandroid
com.sec.knox.store
com.samsung.klmsagent

More KNOX remains:

Solved ;)

Will this reset the Knox flag to 0x0? I read elsewhere that once changed to 0x1, it would be impossible to reset it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Protection? Maybe is a KNOX message telling u -> Error: An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device?