jb/kk flash roms from another g2 variant on the vs980

Search This thread

jkjambo

Mar 26, 2011
You changing the build prop?

Sent from my Vs980 running Aicp 4.4.4

No .

i've updated phone 1-2 hours ago with kdz file , and after 3 soft reset in a row , i got signal , but only 1 minute or so , and then still same (radio off) , btw phone reads sim card

i think there is some driver problem or something like that :confused:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
No .

i've updated phone 1-2 hours ago with kdz file , and after 3 soft reset in a row , i got signal , but only 1 minute or so , and then still same (radio off) , btw phone reads sim card

i think there is some driver problem or something like that :confused:

Well if a Sim is going bad it will constantly have data/signal issues. I would call vzw and have them send one, or go in and get one, they are free.

If that doesn't work after you kdz or tot, I would assume its faulty hardware.

As for messing with the build prop, that's for when you flash a ROM that does not typically have CDMA.

It will help to have lte stick and not always revert to global.

Sent from my Vs980 running SlimKat 4.4.4

jkjambo

Mar 26, 2011
Well if a Sim is going bad it will constantly have data/signal issues. I would call vzw and have them send one, or go in and get one, they are free.

If that doesn't work after you kdz or tot, I would assume its faulty hardware.

As for messing with the build prop, that's for when you flash a ROM that does not typically have CDMA.

It will help to have lte stick and not always revert to global.

Sent from my Vs980 running SlimKat 4.4.4
first off all
i'm not using verizon . i'm on gsm carrier in europe
second , there is no problem with sim , it works on other devices
and it's working on 4.2.2 stock rom . on 4.4.2 phone radio (not sim) doesn't work at all
once i flashed xddadebs 24a bootstack and it worked for some time , but then something still messed up

I've installed t-mob rom (4.2.2) and i have better reception and *#*#info#*#* menu :D
already got notification for update :( too bad i can't do that ... isn't there any way to completely convert vs980 to d801 or d802 ?

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Idk I could NOT get that to work. Tried everything. Auto rotate will not work. Its off by 90 degrees.

Jus some device info
Vs980 using twrp 2.7.1 tried flashing a stock debloated tmobile rom 28th 24a rotation patch. No go

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

Last edited:

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
first off all
and it's working on 4.2.2 stock rom . on 4.4.2 phone radio (not sim) doesn't work at all
once i flashed xddadebs 24a bootstack and it worked for some time , but then something still messed up

I've installed t-mob rom (4.2.2) and i have better reception and *#*#info#*#* menu :D
already got notification for update :( too bad i can't do that ... isn't there any way to completely convert vs980 to d801 or d802 ?
Wait when u had no radio did u let the tmob ROM update to 442 or did u flash a vzw 442 ROM? Cuz if ur updating from tomb ur radio won't work Cuz its putting a tmo kk ROM on ur phone not a vzw ROM. My advice would be to flash xdabbeb 2.0 and the new 25a bootstack then just set it to global mode. Keep in mind that u won't get LTE at all Cuz the vs980 only has the 2 vzw LTE bands all the others were left out. We can get LTE on some of tmos us network but that's it.

Last edited:

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Idk I could NOT get that to work. Tried everything. Auto rotate will not work. Its off by 90 degrees.

Jus some device info
Vs980 using twrp 2.7.1 tried flashing a stock debloated tmobile rom 28th 24a rotation patch. No go

Sent from my CLOUDY G2
He's talking about a ROM in the vzw forum based of tMOs 422 ROM. But u may wanna try dling the newest cloudystock, unzip it take the vs980 folder out then zip the vs980 folder up as I believe he's got all the necessary stuff to make it flashable. Then flash the 25a boot stack (dont forget to reboot to recovery from twrp after flashing.) Flash the tmo kk ROM then the vs980 zip u made from cloudy stock then flash the newest vs980 dorimanx kernel. Cuz the gsm variants have had like 2 or 3 updates to the initial lg kk so it could be that broke the rotation fix. But a newer cloudy stock will be based off the newer kk source n the vs980 patch may have a fix. Just a thought.

Last edited:

TheUnladenSwallow

Aug 3, 2013
first off all

Kdz/tot flash man. And no, that tmobile 4.2.2 is probably the best you'll ever see.

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
He's talking about a ROM in the vzw forum based of tMOs 422 ROM. But u may wanna try dling the newest cloudystock, unzip it take the vs980 folder out then zip the vs980 folder up as I believe he's got all the necessary stuff to make it flashable. Then flash the 25a boot stack (dont forget to reboot to recovery from twrp after flashing.) Flash the tmo kk ROM then the vs980 zip u made from cloudy stock then flash the newest vs980 dorimanx kernel. Cuz the gsm variants have had like 2 or 3 updates to the initial lg kk so it could be that broke the rotation fix. But a newer cloudy stock will be based off the newer kk source n the vs980 patch may have a fix. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply man. This patch works with pardus but not with a stock tmobile rom. Its all good. I was happy with cloudy anyway.

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

---------- Post added 27th August 2014 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th August 2014 at 11:22 PM ----------

Jus following up. Tried what u said. Cloudys vzw folder wasnt flashable. If I knew how to make a flashable file I wish I knew what needs to go in it!

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

Last edited:

lankyboy29

Dec 21, 2012
baton rouge
Curious...if i use this to flash a tmobile stock rom, with a VS980 kernel...will it work for a tmobile sim???
Specifically this rom:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688981

Any help greatly appreciated ... and fyi I know I can install a AOSP based rom and get tmobile service. I need a stock one so I can get wifi calling.
Any thoughts?

Edit: i've tried other stock VS980 kernels with this rom. and can't get data...

Last edited:

strictlyphat

Jan 19, 2008
Curious...if i use this to flash a tmobile stock rom, with a VS980 kernel...will it work for a tmobile sim???
Specifically this rom:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688981

Any help greatly appreciated ... and fyi I know I can install a AOSP based rom and get tmobile service. I need a stock one so I can get wifi calling.
Any thoughts?

Edit: i've tried other stock VS980 kernels with this rom. and can't get data...

I'd tried also. Data and all works fine. My auto rotate is broken. Cant figure it out for the life of me. I'm on cloudy for now. I tried like 10 different ways. Any patches out there only work for gsm global to me. They don't fix the tmobile roms

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

lankyboy29

Dec 21, 2012
baton rouge
I'd tried also. Data and all works fine. My auto rotate is broken. Cant figure it out for the life of me. I'm on cloudy for now. I tried like 10 different ways. Any patches out there only work for gsm global to me. They don't fix the tmobile roms

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

Yes I was having same issues. Broken/backwards rotation. Also, radio was not really working(no data)... Can't believe this is so hard...lol(that's what she said)

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Thanks for the reply man. This patch works with pardus but not with a stock tmobile rom. Its all good. I was happy with cloudy anyway.

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

---------- Post added 27th August 2014 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th August 2014 at 11:22 PM ----------

Jus following up. Tried what u said. Cloudys vzw folder wasnt flashable. If I knew how to make a flashable file I wish I knew what needs to go in it!

Sent from my CLOUDY G2

If you wanna post the vs980 folder i can make a zip for u i just dont have the data to d.l. x gigs just to get the folder lol

juajar

Feb 18, 2012
Stuck in Boot Screen

Hi everyone, I am following the procedure in order to flash both Pardus HD 7.7 and a Debloated T Mobile KK Rom but I get stuck either on the Pardus or TMobile Boot Logo every time I do it. I am doing the folowwing steps.

1- Start at VS980 11a (Because I had to go back to stock) Unrooted
2- Root with Ioroot 25
3- Install TWRP 2.8.0.1
4- Wipe Dalvik, System, Data. Cache 3 times
5- Flash RON (Pardus or T Mobile Debloated)
6- Flash 24a Rotation Fix

Ive done it a few times now and the phone just wont boot up... It will stick on eother the Pardus or the T Mobile boot logo depending on which ROM i flashed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
You need to update your phone to KitKat. See xdabbeb's thread for the bootstack that takes you to 24a.

Reactions: juajar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow vs980 owners. anyone wanting to flash a stock based/flex/gpro2 or aosp kk based rom from the other variants can now do so by flashing a patch in the same recovery session b4 1st boot,

instructions: download rom (id maybe stay away from d800 just in case cuz of the 3rd mic tht all othe g2's lack?)
    wipe everything! data,cache,dalvik and system 3x
    flash rom
    If kk based stock/flex/gp2 rom flash the patch labeled 24a rotation fix, if aosp kk based flash the aosp kk patch. (If u have backwards rotation go back and flash the 24a rotation fix then REFLASH the aosp kk patch! (It wont boot otherwise)
    If u get a error about it being the wrong device on aosp you'll have to unzip the rom then go into the build prop and updater script and change it to vs980 from whatever it was originally. Also if u have network issues u can try to go into the build prop and change any instance of "lte on cdma device=0" to =1 and default network=9 to 11. Another thing that may work if there is no option for cdma in network settings is to dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to phone settings n change it to lte,evdo,cdma there.

Note: I would stay away from any kk rom that says "recovery included" or anything similar as you definitely don't want it flashing the wrong recovery to your phone so ask in the roms thread for someone to clarify what exactly the zip flashes,

Note #2: this should be considered a beta so you flash at your own risk. But im 99% sure that the worst case scenario is that it wont boot n you have to manually boot back into recovery n flash a different rom cuz these patches dont touch anything that would mess u up too bad, also it works on my phone and I've got confirmation from a few others that it works for them as well

note #3: these patches include a vs980 kernel for stock or aosp depending on the patch, however you should be able to flash any custom kernel of your choice after the patches

Note #4: the aosp patch is from dr87's mahdi rom which i believe is caf based, idk what mokee or sokp uses but if its not caf based try unzipping the aosp patch and replace the boot.img in it with one from slim or cm or just ask in the roms thread which kernels are known to work for that rom then flash that after the patch,
    download link: https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B0lbyXDReetfSVh5MFA2M3RyMGs/edit
    credits: dr87, tangjun269, dorimanx,bigfau, cloudyfa

if i helped press thanx
    I just wanted to let people know, I should hopefully update this to kk soon. We just gotta wait till dr87s aosp roms are updated for the kk baseband as it's his device specific patch that I kanged to get cdma to work on non vs980 stock roms. So hopefully we'll be able to run gpro2 roms pretty soon
    sorry about the file being gone from my drive link guys. I'm not real familiar w drive n put that folder as can edit instead of can view n a couple d bags took it upon themselves to delete a bunch of stuff n add some weird crap n just plan cause me a big head ache trying to fix it. But hopefully its back up now though.
    I don't have a good connection at work but as soon as I get home I'm gonna download a gpro2 Rom n if all goes well I'll post the new files n instructions for flashing d80x kk roms.
    I don't have a good connection at work but as soon as I get home I'm gonna download a gpro2 Rom n if all goes well I'll post the new files n instructions for flashing d80x kk roms.

Well looks like there are still some kinks to work out out but I'll update the thread wen i get it working