[rom] miui ics 4.0.4:Updated 7/20/12

Search This thread

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
i am proud to present my 6th rom port for the heroC.

changelog:
v1
- updated to reflect henry_01's 2.7.8 port

v1-1
- added quickpic (sorry about that guys, totally forgot it)
-lowmemorykiller tweaks are now in line with roms from jordfaz and 1ceb0x
-wallpapers and sounds are now added back in
-size of apks edited some to allow for the same sized rom as v1 but with all the sounds and images put back in

to start, im not gifted enough to know how to develop, im just a lowly borrower, so if i have nothing to borrow, i have nothing to offer

also i take no responsibility for your phone crashing and burning in an epic fashion, and/or if your cat jumps off your keyboard and makes your coffee spill on your lap, or war, or famine, or disease, or anything of the sort. try at your own risk, dont bother me if your phone blows up

dont give me any credit, give the following people mad props and donate to them if you wish to:

original rom link from wfs: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735773

Henry_01 for his port (link above)

ajrty33 for porting the first MIUI ICS rom

erwinp for the youtube fix

stritfajt for getting the camera working

mongoosehelix and all the crew over at the eris forums for the base rom

1ceb0x and the crew over at the hero gsm forums for the init.rc tweaks and the minfree settings in kernel

dsixda and his kitchen

matt, dastin, jaybob and the heroc crew

zeppelinrox and his v6 supercharger script

im sure i forgot people, im sorry if i did and if i forgot you please yell at me and ill make sure to thank you

this is based off of 4.0.4, MIUI v4 for the Wildfire S

what works:
touchscreen
sdcard
radio (data and calls)
adb
camera preview and taking pics
bigger keyboard, more like gb
wifi
sound
buttons
audio
root
vibration
bluetooth
zeppelinrox's supercharger script (just to supercharge launcher)
video playing from sdcard (use quickpic and .3gp video format)
minfrees set in kernel at boot time
mms hopefully
usb mass storage
themes
youtube (non hd)

try messing with camera settings in camera app, i turned down the resolution from 5 mp to 2.5 and picture taking worked quicker and looked better in my opinion

works with problems:
long press home displays large previews, not sure why just yet
other stuff im sure

what i didnt test: (lol its your jobs to test it)
pretty much everything else

when you flash this, remember i did not sign it, so if your using clockworkmod recovery toggle signature verification

i recommend you go let this boot all the way, then reboot. then after that, go into settings-developer options, and click the tick box next to:
background process limit/ at most 4 processes
show all ANRs
and make sure animations are off
i turn off all vibration, except for notifications, that includes the keyboard as haptic feedback slows things down.

then use script manager to run zeppelinrox's v6 supercharger to bulletproof launcher

this is the gapps i use from eris: http://www.mediafire.com/?qbpc1zthauh4c1h
md5sum: 2b4d664eda701da65d2ea2c5c928267d

(this is the same gapps offered over at the eris forums, i just added geniewidget as i like my news and weather widget)

go into phone app, hit menu, then settings, and check your voicemail number, im on boost so mine is my phone number

this port will not:
most likely be a finished project
win a beauty contest
make your manhood bigger

if you see something wrong, please fix it or ask me to

and now for the link before i forget:

MIUI 4.0.4v1-1
http://www.mediafire.com/?hjvpm1t1w31bqgw

if you see problems or have suggestions, please let me know. i dont know much about MIUI, as i havnt used it much since ajrty33 ported it for heroc (gb and original ics roms.) so if you see something that needs changed to better fit the mold of a good MIUI rom, please do let me know. :)

happy flashing!

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
thank you again :)

and a new version is up, based off of 2.7.8 for the nexus s i beleive. henry_01 goes more into detail about it in the link in the op. i've noticed this one to be a tiny bit faster and now has all the google stuff baked in

edited: now should read all wallpapers and sounds added back in

try it out and let me know how i did!

Last edited:

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
Another awesome rom from you, sad that we have 2.7.8 before the incredible (switched providers recently) lol

EDIT: Ahh where's the browser? Maybe just a bad flash?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
Another awesome rom from you, sad that we have 2.7.8 before the incredible (switched providers recently) lol

i had another user inform me that the browser and music apks were gone, but i just redownloaded and reinstalled and they are both there. i think maybe it was a bad flash lol

there are still theme issues im not sure of, im still looking into them. and i did remove the file explorer app, as most people just use es or astro anyway.

other than that it seems to be working fine on my end.

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
i had another user inform me that the browser and music apks were gone, but i just redownloaded and reinstalled and they are both there. i think maybe it was a bad flash lol

there are still theme issues im not sure of, im still looking into them. and i did remove the file explorer app, as most people just use es or astro anyway.

Try making /data/system/theme.

Some of the theme issues are probably hdpi/mdpi issues

Sent from my HERO200 using xda app-developers app

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA

Whew, glad there isn't an issue with the browser. I'll redownload then, see if that helps, because I do have the music apk. Might want to take a look at the xda build of the miui file explorer, it has root and a bunch of other goodies, that's what I'm using on my incredible atm, looks great and works great too.

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
K ill take a look at the Miui file browser.

And this is an hdpi rom according to the contents of the apks. It came from the nexus s I believe so that could explain alot.

sent from my heroc running cm7.2

Zin0

Sep 14, 2010
Mount Airy
It's probably just me but I'm having root issues on this ROM. I have Superuser downloaded. I even flashed the su 3.0.7 zip (Latest SU zip I'm aware of) I'm rooted obviously or else I wouldn't be here. It's just on this ROM. I tried reflashing this 3 times. Other than that, it's a really great ROM. It runs very smoothly.

Reactions: whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
Sorry about the su issues, but I think its the way that miui implements su that gives us headaches. In settings somewhere, there should be an option for root access I'm just not sure where it is. I'll look into it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Sorry about the su issues, but I think its the way that miui implements su that gives us headaches. In settings somewhere, there should be an option for root access I'm just not sure where it is. I'll look into it.

I think kemoba fixed it in his port to the hero gsm, ask him:)

Zin0

Sep 14, 2010
Mount Airy

Yeah I've look at the system settings and unless it's under a different name, I don't see anything that deals with root access.

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
so here it goes guys. im out of the game for now. expect no new updates on the ics roms i have ported before. jb is the future, and shelnutt is the guy to get us into the future. ics roms never quite ran great anyway, so no big loss. i may pop back up in the future and throw down on some jb paranoidandroid, aokp, miui, or anything of the such, but i cannot guaruntee a thing. its been nice, but support for these roms stops here. (unless of course, anyone else would like to take these over for me, or i can get the guys from gsm hero using my allinone installer full time, then heroc will have everything they get)

if anyone would like to take over, please message me. ill be more than willing to send everything your way, since im way too busy with life in general right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am proud to present my 6th rom port for the heroC.

changelog:
    v1
    - updated to reflect henry_01's 2.7.8 port

v1-1
    - added quickpic (sorry about that guys, totally forgot it)
    -lowmemorykiller tweaks are now in line with roms from jordfaz and 1ceb0x
    -wallpapers and sounds are now added back in
    -size of apks edited some to allow for the same sized rom as v1 but with all the sounds and images put back in

to start, im not gifted enough to know how to develop, im just a lowly borrower, so if i have nothing to borrow, i have nothing to offer

also i take no responsibility for your phone crashing and burning in an epic fashion, and/or if your cat jumps off your keyboard and makes your coffee spill on your lap, or war, or famine, or disease, or anything of the sort. try at your own risk, dont bother me if your phone blows up

dont give me any credit, give the following people mad props and donate to them if you wish to:

original rom link from wfs: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735773

Henry_01 for his port (link above)

ajrty33 for porting the first MIUI ICS rom

erwinp for the youtube fix

stritfajt for getting the camera working

mongoosehelix and all the crew over at the eris forums for the base rom

1ceb0x and the crew over at the hero gsm forums for the init.rc tweaks and the minfree settings in kernel

dsixda and his kitchen

matt, dastin, jaybob and the heroc crew

zeppelinrox and his v6 supercharger script

im sure i forgot people, im sorry if i did and if i forgot you please yell at me and ill make sure to thank you

this is based off of 4.0.4, MIUI v4 for the Wildfire S

what works:
    touchscreen
    sdcard
    radio (data and calls)
    adb
    camera preview and taking pics
    bigger keyboard, more like gb
    wifi
    sound
    buttons
    audio
    root
    vibration
    bluetooth
    zeppelinrox's supercharger script (just to supercharge launcher)
    video playing from sdcard (use quickpic and .3gp video format)
    minfrees set in kernel at boot time
    mms hopefully
    usb mass storage
    themes
    youtube (non hd)

try messing with camera settings in camera app, i turned down the resolution from 5 mp to 2.5 and picture taking worked quicker and looked better in my opinion

works with problems:
    long press home displays large previews, not sure why just yet
    other stuff im sure

what i didnt test: (lol its your jobs to test it)
    pretty much everything else

when you flash this, remember i did not sign it, so if your using clockworkmod recovery toggle signature verification

i recommend you go let this boot all the way, then reboot. then after that, go into settings-developer options, and click the tick box next to:
    background process limit/ at most 4 processes
    show all ANRs
    and make sure animations are off
    i turn off all vibration, except for notifications, that includes the keyboard as haptic feedback slows things down.

then use script manager to run zeppelinrox's v6 supercharger to bulletproof launcher

this is the gapps i use from eris: http://www.mediafire.com/?qbpc1zthauh4c1h
    md5sum: 2b4d664eda701da65d2ea2c5c928267d

(this is the same gapps offered over at the eris forums, i just added geniewidget as i like my news and weather widget)

go into phone app, hit menu, then settings, and check your voicemail number, im on boost so mine is my phone number

this port will not:
    most likely be a finished project
    win a beauty contest
    make your manhood bigger

if you see something wrong, please fix it or ask me to

and now for the link before i forget:

MIUI 4.0.4v1-1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hjvpm1t1w31bqgw

if you see problems or have suggestions, please let me know. i dont know much about MIUI, as i havnt used it much since ajrty33 ported it for heroc (gb and original ics roms.) so if you see something that needs changed to better fit the mold of a good MIUI rom, please do let me know. :)

happy flashing!
    Nice work man, Nice work indeed=}

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\=LTE

It's fantastic, thanks man.
    Reflash brought the browser back. Runs well considering the specs of our phone lol