[Q] Help! Having WiFi issues on the NC5 on my S4

Search This thread
J

Jimmy Rudedog

I flashed the no wipe for my Vzw S4 and it started having wifi issues after it rebooted. I used the full wipe using the files form Surge's thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172 and it worked fine initially.

he phone updated all the crapware, and installed all my apps from play store. I used towel root and installed busy box and supersu. after about the third reboot, wifi stopped working, and refuses to turn on. the same thing happened on the no wipe version... Is there a fix for this or a link to a flash I can try?

Anybody have some insight on this and is anybody else having this problem? I need my wifi to work so I can run half of the apps i have...

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Did you flash the modules to fix WiFi? Gigile's WiFi fix is the one I used all the time.....

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

J

Jimmy Rudedog

thanx I'll try it. think I got it now, and know what happened or went wrong. I tried flashing it to NC2 and setting it up again... it was the busybox smart install breaking the symlink to wifi... flashed again the NC5 and used the normal install and rebooted several times now, it still running wifi... so far. but now I have the patch also if something goes awry. thanks guys

J

Jimmy Rudedog

thanx I'll try it. think I got it now, and know what happened or went wrong. I tried flashing it to NC2 and setting it up again... it was the busybox smart install breaking the symlink to wifi... flashed again the NC5 and used the normal install and rebooted several times now, it still running wifi... so far. but now I have the patch also if something goes awry. thanks guys
I just unzipped the wifi fix to look at it, and it has sasfestrap in it... is this going to install safestrap on my phone also? don't want safestrap at all on my phone... would prefer to get slim rom in a tar version and just straight flash it that way. is there a tar file for roms other than the ones on Surge;s thread? my eyes are getting tired reading 100's of pages trying to find stuff...any links to tar rom files that will run on Vzw S4's?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I just unzipped the wifi fix to look at it, and it has sasfestrap in it... is this going to install safestrap on my phone also? don't want safestrap at all on my phone... would prefer to get slim rom in a tar version and just straight flash it that way. is there a tar file for roms other than the ones on Surge;s thread? my eyes are getting tired reading 100's of pages trying to find stuff...any links to tar rom files that will run on Vzw S4's?

there is an entire forum set up for verizon S4 roms.....if you are mdk firmware you don't need safestrap....if are not mdk the only way to run a custom rom is thru safestrap