[ROM] ZPad Clean v3.0 for gTablet (GB Theme) 12/30/10

Search This thread

noob4eva

Sep 16, 2007
Hi, just updated my g tab to this 2.x version. But am having trouble logging into Skype, it just pops back into home screen after trying to log in. Anyone else having this issue?
Same here, segmentation violation in some native code. And the same under previous version of ZPad. Under TnTlite Skype works fine, but I'd rather have ability to switch keyboards than Skype. What I noticed if I install Skype in "sdcard unmounted" mode, it does not crash just stays on login screen unable to login. It is still unusable, but may be the info could could be of some use to devs/cooks.

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
I did but then every time I turned it back on I had to enable wifi again. Is that normal?

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
ZPad Compatible performance pack added. Load this at your own risk, and camera will not work. However, will provide a significant increase in performance.

it2steve

Jul 21, 2010
DFW, TX
Root / Superuser

ZPad Compatible performance pack added. Load this at your own risk, and camera will not work. However, will provide a significant increase in performance.

Added the performance pack and cant seem to get superuser access? Won't let me in titanium nor Root explorer.

Any thoughts?

johnzenobia

Oct 15, 2010
Great Rom thanks for all your hard work, having a few issues which maybe you can help me with. Market works but doesn't show all the apps? gmail, calendar,calculator,facebook are force closing. Is there an update for the Google apps parts? Thanks a lot

John

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
You need to do the Titanium Backup fix to get Market fully stocked.

I would apply the gapps update located in this thread.

Once Market is working, trash Facebook app and data and reinstall.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

johnzenobia

Oct 15, 2010
i applied the updated gapps2 and not a full market. other apps seem to be working better. Whats up with the titanium fix?

it2steve

Jul 21, 2010
DFW, TX
i applied the updated gapps2 and not a full market. other apps seem to be working better. Whats up with the titanium fix?
There is a 'hack' so to speak where you stop the serivces on the framework and maket, then open titanium and wipe data on the google framework, open, error, reboot, all is well... :)

I know that's a mouthful but it's better explained here. I have used it a few times. Be patient on the reboot and follow exactly... It'll work
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=845175

bmangold

Jun 29, 2010
Houston
Same issue

Added the performance pack and cant seem to get superuser access? Won't let me in titanium nor Root explorer.

Any thoughts?

I am getting the same issue, after performance pack Titanium is saying that it cannot attain SuperUser. Unfortunately my tablet is pretty useless without Titanium... no market.

johnzenobia

Oct 15, 2010
thanks much it worked , Any thought on why the App "Angry Birds" will download but wont install? I also noticed that the keyboard sometimes won't load when prompted. Thanks Much

John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    A ROM modified from the Zpad ROM to run on our Viewsonic gTablet. As always, make backups in clockwork and try it out.

ROM Download:
    v3.0 (Full ROM) Download (1222): http://www.multiupload.com/A8ODVDTAQP

What is Zpad 3.0?
    System: Based on Zpad 1222 Big Ideas ROM, includes the very latest nvidia libraries
    Boot: Kernel w/ No Lag Fix, Angry Bird install works, CIFS, NTFS support
    GB Themed Framework with animations, tweaks
    SDCARD setup similar to TnT Lite (haven't tested SDCARD2)
    Very AOSP(2.2) feeling ROM

Issues:
    Need to add accelerometer hack
    build.prop typo pasion->passion
    Voice Search causes FC with GB keyboard(use other keyboard, or remove voice search)

devicepv.png

device2k.png

OLD
    Same setup as 1106
    Similar kernel to new TnT
    TZ change will hold now
    ZPad settings used so you can disable ethernet.

Changes for 2.2 are:
    Single package install with all up to date changes
    Contacts/Calendar support (needs more testing, works for me)
    Gallery 3D that doesn't FC with a lot of pictures
    Flash removed from /system/app (sideload yourself so install sticks on reboot)
    Performance Pack with working Camera integrated(~2400 quadrant)
    Phone.apk, TelephoneProvider.apk removed so cell process doesn't eat battery
    (signal bar still in status bar because of Contacts.apk)
    Gapps integrated
    TnT Keyboard is default
    Nexus One boot animation

v2.0 Download(1125): http://www.multiupload.com/IXXA5G57XY
    v2.1 Patch: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855812 (thanks to Raydog for creating this patch)
    Removes Phone.apk and Telephony.apk for Gtab users. This disables the cell portion of the ROM.
    ZPad Compatible Performance Pack: http://www.multiupload.com/CRNCJSYFIK (BORKS CAMERA, 2400+ Quadrant!)
    Thread cleaned; please keep it friendly and on topic. Thank you.
    Updated OP with upcoming Zpad Clean 3.0 information.

Known Issues:
    Doesn't include Accelerometer Fix (still being worked on, borks mouse support)
    Voice Search will FC, update through market

devicepv.png
    Having a bootloop issue now after a clean instal and reboot of the v3.0 I can get into clockwork but everytime I try to wipe data/factory reset it gives me this error:

Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk3p2
    (invalid argument)
    error mounting /data/!
    skipping format

any ideas would be great!

now when I try to boot it just loops to the viewsonic logo

Yeah I haven't seen that issue. I rebooted many times while testing without problems. Anyone else getting that issue?

/dev/block/mmcblk3p2 is /data, like the next line implies. It sounds like you may have one of the dreaded random boot loops. Have you done the sdcard repartition yet at all? Most people need it once after getting the tab.

Question - Just installed 3.0 on a freshly purchased GTab... Sometimes the power button, when pressed, will do one of three things - sleep/awaken the screen (good), bring up the power options (OK, but not perfect), or nothing at all (which means that I have to long press twice to get it to reboot).

Is this just my unit, or is there something else that I am not aware of??

Thanks

Yeah, we generally get all 3 of those cases on all the ROMs. I will test tonight to make sure it isn't happening worse than the rest.
    also Angry bird not installing as well, says install unsuccessful after download from market, if anyone can help would be great, thanks in advance....

I'm experiencing the same thing. UNKNOWN ERROR -18

Any fix for this?