moto x unlocking

Search This thread

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton
someone told me it is possible to jtag my moto x runnong 4.4.2 in order to make it a dev edition , but said tht after i would not recevie any updtae which is fine ............is this possible and if so could someone direct me on how to or refer me to site tht tells me how :confused:

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
someone told me it is possible to jtag my moto x runnong 4.4.2 in order to make it a dev edition , but said tht after i would not recevie any updtae which is fine ............is this possible and if so could someone direct me on how to or refer me to site tht tells me how :confused:
I have not heard of that.

Besides the physical appearance, when it comes to the difference between the "Developer Edition" and Retail or Moto Maker edition, the only difference is unlocking the bootloader on the Dev Edition doesn't void the warranty, but on the "non-Dev" it does void the warranty.

For the most part, Motorola gives the bootloader unlock code away for free on their web site, along with the instructions to unlock. The exception being in the case of a few carriers like ATT, Verizon and Republic Wireless, where for what appears to be carrier requirements, they do NOT give out the code.

If you have ATT, VZW or Republic Wireless, and have an X built in 2014, see the China Middle Man is back thread in the general section about getting a bootloader unlock code from the only way possible at this time. But yes, it does void the warranty

Reactions: dgross1123

dgross1123

Jul 11, 2011
dayton

Besides the physical appearance, when it comes to the difference between the "Developer Edition" and Retail or Moto Maker edition, the only difference is unlocking the bootloader on the Dev Edition doesn't void the warranty, but on the "non-Dev" it does void the warranty.

For the most part, Motorola gives the bootloader unlock code away for free on their web site, along with the instructions to unlock. The exception being in the case of a few carriers like ATT, Verizon and Republic Wireless, where for what appears to be carrier requirements, they do NOT give out the code.

If you have ATT, VZW or Republic Wireless, and have an X built in 2014, see the China Middle Man is back thread in the general section about getting a bootloader unlock code from the only way possible at this time. But yes, it does void the warranty

thank you for your response I do know that the unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty but again I ask is there any way to JTAG in order to unlock for att or verizonhas anyone looked into that and how reliable are the Chinese middleman for unlocking the bootloader

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
thank you for your response I do know that the unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty but again I ask is there any way to JTAG in order to unlock for att or verizonhas anyone looked into that and how reliable are the Chinese middleman for unlocking the bootloader
I have seen NOTHING on using JTAG to unlock the bootloader on the Moto X.

Since its release, the only way to UNLOCK the Bootloader on the X has been to get the unlock code.

How reliable is the middle man? Just read that thread. If the build date on your phone is 2014, you will likely be able to get a code. The middle man doesn't have "real time access" to the database containing the unlock codes, so if your phone was built a week ago, you might have to wait. As long as you meet those conditions, you'll likely get your code. In cases where the middle man didn't have the code, he's refunded the money.

Reactions: dgross1123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have seen NOTHING on using JTAG to unlock the bootloader on the Moto X.

Since its release, the only way to UNLOCK the Bootloader on the X has been to get the unlock code.

How reliable is the middle man? Just read that thread. If the build date on your phone is 2014, you will likely be able to get a code. The middle man doesn't have "real time access" to the database containing the unlock codes, so if your phone was built a week ago, you might have to wait. As long as you meet those conditions, you'll likely get your code. In cases where the middle man didn't have the code, he's refunded the money.