[Q] S5 Reflash - acore has stopped working REBOOTS

Search This thread

Wildey1771

Jul 8, 2014
Hi
I reflashed my S5 with a stock rom to remove all the Carrier blocks and extras. After the flash the device booted up and instantly came up with the error saying acore has stopped working and then around around 5-10 seconds the phone reboots and does it again. What can I do?

Thanks

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi
I reflashed my S5 with a stock rom to remove all the Carrier blocks and extras. After the flash the device booted up and instantly came up with the error saying acore has stopped working and then around around 5-10 seconds the phone reboots and does it again. What can I do?

Thanks

Data factory reset in recovery.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013

It's hard to answer since you provided no crucial details about your phone, configuration or how you flashed it.

You didn't tell us which S5 model you have or your carrier. Nor what firmware file you flashed, so we don't know if it was a compatible file. No Odin log, so we don't know if the flash had errors or not. And you didn't describe how you flashed step by step so we don't know if you missed essential steps.

At a guess, try wiping the partition cache from recovery mode. Then if necessary, do a factory data reset as well (will delete user files!). If you have ongoing problems, then you should restore your backup and try again from that stable condition.

No backup? That is a bad habit to say the least. In that case, flash a full stock firmware image that matches the carrier that the phone was originally sold for.

Wildey1771

Jul 8, 2014
It's hard to answer since you provided no crucial details about your phone, configuration or how you flashed it.

You didn't tell us which S5 model you have or your carrier. Nor what firmware file you flashed, so we don't know if it was a compatible file. No Odin log, so we don't know if the flash had errors or not. And you didn't describe how you flashed step by step so we don't know if you missed essential steps.

At a guess, try wiping the partition cache from recovery mode. Then if necessary, do a factory data reset as well (will delete user files!). If you have ongoing problems, then you should restore your backup and try again from that stable condition.

No backup? That is a bad habit to say the least. In that case, flash a full stock firmware image that matches the carrier that the phone was originally sold for.

The Model is SM G900F. Its On Three Carrier. I Flashed A STOCK (From SamMobile) Firmware 4.2.2.
The Flash Process Was Successful. No Errors.

Put Device In Download Mode
Connected To Computer
Loaded Firmware Into PDA
Ftime reset
Auto Reboot
Started The Flashing.
Completed.

Phone rebooted. Got Acore has stopped. Then the phone reboots.

But since I needed my phone working quickly I took the path of factory reset and that seems to have fixed it. I did try clearing the cache but no effect.

I believe I know the issue. I used a launcher called Themer. I have reasons to think that was causing the issue because as it was loading in the background I managed to quickly hit the continue button to close the crashed process boxes and as the Launcher finished "Loading" it when it rebooted.

WARNING FOR OTHERS. Always Remove Other Launchers Before Flashing As A Precaution! (Warnings From Newbies Hehe)