Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
Taken from the RootMyXoom source code: Warning: Any of these buttons will wipe your Xoom. All data`, all pictures`, all music`, all movies from that weekend in Vegas with that girl`, everything will be deleted. You have been warned.

Heh heh. Yup. First thing you see.

craig4855

Feb 9, 2008
I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: Now includes one click Unlock/Root, UnRoot/Relock, HRI66 update one click, Tiamat /Stock kernel one click.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Root My Xoom w/ UnRoot : http://www.mediafire.com/?cjnfnhkr03j9g8j

Root My Xoom WITHOUT UnRoot: http://www.mediafire.com/?wffpr9j8zc7gahi

I have not been able to run this on my wifi Xoom. I get the command prompt, but it hangs at waiting for device.
I have the Xoom in debug mode.
Ran rootmyxoom_03.exe.
Please help

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
You will need the device recognized by windows.

1. Can you access your Xoom storage via your computer?
2. Does the computer make a "USB Connected" sound when you take the Xoom in and out of Debug?

If the answer to either of this questions is no, then you need to install the Moto Dev drivers.

jshuford

Aug 29, 2010

ATTENTION: The one click tool now also includes one click to update manually to HRI66 for 3G I am unsure of Wifi as I can not test it.

New download links: (Jbrew will update OP momentarily.)
RootMyXoom w Unroot http://www.mediafire.com/file/cjnfnhkr03j9g8j/RootMyXoom.zip
RootMyXoom with OUT Unroot http://www.mediafire.com/file/wffpr9j8zc7gahi/RootMyXoomNOUNROOT.zip

You can hit me up here or via email (put RootMyXoom) in the subject, or on Twitter @jwtyler (most of the time).

Hope this helps get some new rooters and hackers started. I started with one clicks on my Droid OG... Just paying it forward.

Cheers.
JT
Edit: MAJOR THANKS to Jbrew and Phiredrop for sponsoring this here. I just have never posted much. I usually just read XDA all day. :) Thanks guys.

THE REAL DEV"S DID ALL THE WORK! KOUSH, BIGRUSHDOG, And all the rest. I tried to give props and creds in the app. If I missed any I am NOT trying to take credit. What I did is NOTHING compared to their work.

Edit: Checkin' to see if it posts my sig with all my contact info.

Would you please tell me which file to download... I am looking for the most current, with the option to unroot and I have the 3G/WiFi version...

I ask because I see more than one option, that is separated by "posted times"

TIA

Last edited:

craig4855

Feb 9, 2008
You will need the device recognized by windows.

1. Can you access your Xoom storage via your computer?
2. Does the computer make a "USB Connected" sound when you take the Xoom in and out of Debug?

If the answer to either of this questions is no, then you need to install the Moto Dev drivers.

Yes to both

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
Try this:

1. Open a CMD prompt.
2. Switch to the directory where you unzipped the RootMyXoom and all its files.
3. type: adb devices
4. Hit enter.
5. See if it lists your device.

Reactions: craig4855 and aohus

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
Download the RootMyXoom.zip option. If you have the 3g version you can root/unroot with it. Its about 200mb...

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
I just realized I was not qouting questions. If you think I didn't answer your question just ask again. Monitoring the thread.

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
Show of hands for new version

I think I can make the next version pull the user data from common folders and store it locally i.e. a data backup if that is something that would interest the community.

Reactions: sbcale and jshuford

jvs60

I have usb debugging enabled and can access my storage data, but when i click root wifi xoom it says 'waiting for device' and 'read instructions on your xoom' but there aren't any instructions

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

tonebone

Mar 10, 2011
Pueblo, CO
I tried the root and somehow I messed it up!

I am getting an error:

Failed to boot LNX 0X0004
Starting RSD Mode 0

Help! Did I brick my xoom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD Edit: This may not be compatible with UK models and may result in a brick. Proceed with caution!
    Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.

I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
    1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Temporarily Unavailable
    One day warning.

I will be taking this utility down until it encompasses the newest fixes and adequately warns about the EU issue.

I would have taken this down sooner except I was taking a disconnected writing /teaching break and didnt see the issues.
    worked on my WIFI-Xoom on the first shot, thanks man!!

Now I wonder what the best app is for backups... Titanium doesn't seem to support honeycomb (apps list is empty save for some random settings)

1. Uninstall titanium
    2. Install stericson busybody installer from market
    3.choose the beta busybody.
    4. Install titanium.
    5. All elements should appear.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
    Show of hands for new version

I think I can make the next version pull the user data from common folders and store it locally i.e. a data backup if that is something that would interest the community.
    Try this:

1. Open a CMD prompt.
    2. Switch to the directory where you unzipped the RootMyXoom and all its files.
    3. type: adb devices
    4. Hit enter.
    5. See if it lists your device.